• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Iwc 3714 zf

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
Oh right, forgot about the 3878. Yeah, it would make sense that their new 3714 would use this movement as well. Do you know if the seconds sub-dial is located at the same distance from centre?

I believe they are different...

rhc22

26/11/11
Wonder if a GEN secs hand would fit the A7750? Hopefully the secs module matches the GEN hand size..

Gen movement has different minute and second pin sizes for the sub dials. I don't know but doubt the rep has different sizes or they would have to make different hands and there would be no point in them doing that.
The seconds pin size is smaller on the gen.

Popklister

2/10/11
I will wait for a tear down:) but if everything is ok I got this baby in my part box
4c08c85cdc6d09fb7b32bcb0c4dedac0.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

RedCoconut

Looking Around
2/12/15
Hi all,
Ubiquitously, which TD's 3714 is the best?

I cant decide between Ken/chazing or toro. At this point i just want it to last and be a great rep but not the pedantic nature that you guys are!

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
Hi all,
Ubiquitously, which TD's 3714 is the best?

I cant decide between Ken/chazing or toro. At this point i just want it to last and be a great rep but not the pedantic nature that you guys are!

In your case chazingtime.

Coverboy

Looking Around
21/12/15
when does a new 3714 replica is comming?
Is there any with the org. blue strap and best replica to order?
Thank you

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
can anyone also link me with a video showing the problem with the sec@6 issue for comparison? thx

The video shows a jittery, not smooth seconds at 60. So even the new improved movement has not done an adequate job of transferring to the seconds at 60.
Maybe Kennycoder can shed some more light on this as I am basing this on his video. I would guess that the jittery seconds at 60 might indicate limited longevity of the watch as well.

If this is the case with all the ZF or SWF ones this is really disappointing and we will likely never see a reliable 3714 rep. It has been said before that rep builders can never replicate the elegant reworking of the seconds from 9 to 6 done by IWC but is this as close as we will ever see?

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
The video shows a jittery, not smooth seconds at 60. So even the new improved movement has not done an adequate job of transferring to the seconds at 60.
Maybe Kennycoder can shed some more light on this as I am basing this on his video. I would guess that the jittery seconds at 60 might indicate limited longevity of the watch as well.

If this is the case with all the ZF or SWF ones this is really disappointing and we will likely never see a reliable 3714 rep. It has been said before that rep builders can never replicate the elegant reworking of the seconds from 9 to 6 done by IWC but is this as close as we will ever see?

I thought the sweep in kenny's video looked ok. And the seconds sweep of my SW looks even better in the QC video my TD sent me. Can't wait for it to arrive!!

E46RON

Horology Curious
7/9/15
anyone has news if the white dial with blue hands available with new A7750 movement from ZF or other factory?

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
anyone has news if the white dial with blue hands available with new A7750 movement from ZF or other factory?

Yeah, toro has SWF one on his site. This is the version kenny posted about earlier in this thread-- he put a gen dial on it.

jcbach88

Horology Curious
9/3/15
I guess we can only ask kenny how the mvoement is doing since he is the only one who seems to have a 3714 rep at the moment.

QBalance156

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/07
By any chance has anyone placed an order for a ZF 3714 yet? Maybe I missed this in an earlier post, but has anyone asked a TD about which style sec@6 movement is being used in this ZF version?