• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It's Finally here!!! Blk Dial Ploprof V2

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Just got an email from PureTime, their selling it for $308...

Link >>>

OMEGA-2010-09-08-03-01_enl.JPG

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
There are a few issues with this watch that are being discovered.

Some are finding that the bezel lock button is failing after being pushed. From that chatter, it may be a bigger issue. If purchasing one from the member sales area- particularly from a new member, I'd ask to see a video shot of the button working, just to be safe.

The other issue seems to be that the clasp is not very well built, meaning that the two tiny springs in the release may not be substantial enough to keep it locked in place.

DSCF4158.jpg

I ordered one from Torobravo and it should be here shortly. I've also ordered a mesh bracelet from Suppaparts for $50 which should compliment it nicely.

DSC_7983.jpg

Just saw a post where U1 on RG discovered his insert was loose...

"I just noticed the bezel insert on my V2 Plop wasn't perfectly aligned with the dial so i tried to rotate it with my thumbs. It's in there pretty loose! you can easily rotate it a couple of minutes in each direction and when you do you can see the lume is not applied to the insert, it's like we all suspected, it's applied to the bezel and then the insert is placed over it. "

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
uuuhhh.... sounds like childrens deceases.....a few as well...
I nearly placed an order for one yesterday, but I think that waiting a month or two would be a good idea

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I'm going to see what I can find to fix the bezel lock button. The solution will probably be to find a short fat spring that will fit over that center screw which would keep it in place. We'll see soon enough. :)

RolexPresident

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/09
mmmmmmmmmmm mesh bracelet lol i cant wait for some 1 to get 1 right on the proplof or superocean heritage to order one!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Best solution, get genuine rubber strap/deployant from Omega. Here they cost about 350USD for the rubber + deployant combo.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Got mine today...

DSC02439.jpg

My first impression was how much smaller it is than I thought it would be. Not that this is a small watch by any means, but seeing the photos made me think of it as a huge hunk of steel. It sure feels like one! The strap smells nice and is very supple. The deployment clasp is really thick, and I really haven't noticed any slippage yet. The only thing that bugs me is that the lume is not on the back of the bezel numbers but behind them in the bezel "valley." I'll have to order some lume and once I get the nerve to remove the insert, lume it.

If you're thinking about getting one, hold off for about a month. Enough people have had issues with the AR being easily scratched that the factory is going to make an adjustment/improvement.

Once I get some more good gen shots together, I'll throw a comparison up. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The case is most certainly nice enough that someday I'll get some gen hands and should be able to find a gen dial to throw in it. In the meantime, I plan on getting a gen clasp next month. Till then, I have the shark mesh coming in that'll have me something to look forward to.

todaystheday

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/10/10
just ordered my genuine clasp cant wait for it as tried genuine in the shop clasp feels great compared to replica going to try mod my replica clasp stop it slipping

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
The rep deployant can be modded not to slip, I did it on my V2 and it works perfectly. I'll take some pics to show the process....

Rambo73

10/2/10
Current best price I can find is 308USD (with ETA movement). That is 50 bucks off from the cartel price. What do you guys think about this?
Current best price I can find is 308USD (with ETA movement). That is 50 bucks off from the cartel price. What do you guys think about this?

Im interested , better later than never :)