• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If you could only have ONE Rolex, what would it be?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Back to it. I agree with @p0pperini and @P..DR..D

Which is THE BEST rep version out there? And does anyone have a box queen 🤣👍🏽
These should never be box queens. They should be on your wrist and admired.

The experts say that TC made the best best, and I defer to their wisdom on such topics, but good luck in M2M, they don't last long.

Sumo86

8/1/23
Uk
I see one out there...that's Gonna be a leap into the next stage of RWI shopping for me if I look too long at it 🥴

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Car payments I'll never understand.

Go buy a 4yo version of the one you want with a little loan or use some interest free credit cards. Use the £8k you'll save over 5-8yrs to buy a gen (or a franken once a year, or an AD rep once a month 🤣)
Sorry are you me? haha each to their own of course, but I've loved buying cars "outright". Know a few gents through work that have cars on £850+ a month, another world to me.

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
This actually is a good question and one I’ve pondered before and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is the one that you can pull off the best, I have a Gen 14060M and don’t even think about wearing it out. Now if I had a fake Daytona (which I love) and wore it out I could get called out on it and that could get embarrassing! I also love the Pepsi on a Jubilee but again a little flash so similar problem could arise… so I went with a top grade no date sub, a relatively cheap Rolex, can fly under the radar and probably won’t get called out and if it did it’s a Vsf so could more than likely pass it off! Buy and wear what suits your style. I once saw a young lad who was a shelf stacker in a supermarket wearing a 16610… real? Doubt it, maybe… but unlikely!

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

When I joined RWI in 2019 I had lost almost everything in my life (nearly my life as well) and sold my gen quartz Seamaster so I could afford to buy my first 2 reps, it was the best decision in my life at that time. RWI and reps carried me through that dark period. Just wanted to add this so that people know where I'm coming from and I'm not a rich snob who always has had lot of money to spend on stuff.
Congrats man!
Car payments I'll never understand.

Go buy a 4yo version of the one you want with a little loan or use some interest free credit cards. Use the £8k you'll save over 5-8yrs to buy a gen (or a franken once a year, or an AD rep once a month 🤣)
Did you notice what happened during the pandemic? Here in the US you couldn't get a used car unless you paid more than what a new car would. It is only since relatively recently that used car prices have corrected to a more reasonable level.
People bought "over sticker," my stepson bought his childhood dream car when he got out of Marine Corps basic training, a Subaru WRX. He paid $3k over sticker.
He ended up selling it a couple of years later since he was working only to afford the car loan and the very steep insurance (young driver). He only lost about $6k on it.
Sorry are you me? haha each to their own of course, but I've loved buying cars "outright". Know a few gents through work that have cars on £850+ a month, another world to me.
That is entirely normal here in the USA. The average car is $48k now. Get a 6 year loan. Do the math.
I kind of get it why people do that. They just bring the car to the dealer for service, maintenance and repairs get taken care of, peace of mind.
Personally I have only bought a new car one time in my life. The famous "new car smell" was gone in 2 weeks. Not worth it to me, but hey, different strokes.
...if I had a fake Daytona (which I love) and wore it out I could get called out on it and that could get embarrassing! I also love the Pepsi on a Jubilee but again a little flash so similar problem could arise… ...
Getting called out does not phase me. I actuallly like showing people why it is a fake. Give them a little lecture. The flip side being that on today's super reps the details are so minute you can't even see them with the naked eye.

And of course my answer to the original question: the Batman for me. I wear mostly black and blue so that's what goes with it best!
The GMTII BLNR is the only Rolex that ever struck me as something that I would want to own, and would be the only Rolex I would want to buy in gen should it be priced reasonably, so 2/3 or so of a new one. Unlikely to ever happen of course.
I do adore the very early Daytonas from the Paul Newman era also but will make do with a rep here!

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
i didn't really consider a vintage sub rep, but I just saw this one for sale over on RG and I really like it, The gilt dial I think an no crown guards makes it beautifully unusual. I could do this as my "one."

Reactions: Tobel

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
If your going to have just 1 rep just get a VSF 126610LV or LN.

That watch is one of the best reps Ive owned in close to a decade. I've been around here a long time now and I've owned pretty much every iteration of sub all the way back from when Noob was the main maker.

The VSF subs are bloody awesome and almost indistinguishable to gen.

Reactions: 1MoreWatch

Mikie C

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/2/24
If your going to have just 1 rep just get a VSF 126610LV or LN.

That watch is one of the best reps Ive owned in close to a decade. I've been around here a long time now and I've owned pretty much every iteration of sub all the way back from when Noob was the main maker.

The VSF subs are bloody awesome and almost indistinguishable to gen.
Well, that’s great to hear. I have one being shipped to me right now.

Reactions: peterpl

Booonin

2/9/18
New Newman Daytona from 2023 or onyx Day date is the way to to!

galevin

Supporter
Certified
9/10/06
Here is my favorite watch: mod by Yodog. He calls it a Daytona 6239 Reverse Panda (not sure what that is) Paul Newman Tiffany & Co.
afraid to wear it. The Holy grail.

KYmvzt.jpeg