• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If you could only have ONE Rolex, what would it be?

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
Rolex is probably the most popular rep brand. Due to the high demand for Rolex reps, and competition among factories, I think the high-end Rolex reps are the closest to gen of all reps. I would like to get a single Rolex to represent the brand in my collection. The best reps are very expensive (to me), so I just want to get one Rolex.

My go-to would be the ubiquitous 116610LN. This is the one Rolex everybody recognizes and probably most repped watch of all time. But I like other models as well, and I don’t necessarily want to get what everyone else gets (even if I have only seen one in the wild in my life, lol). The saying goes that 99% of people don’t even look at your watch, and for the other 1% I say that 99% of them think that the only Rolex model is the 116610.

So, of reps that are currently available, which Rolex would you get if you could have one only. Those of you who have, or have had, multiple models of Rolex watches, which one do you wear the most or what model do you think is the most versatile to wear overall? I know there are two subgroups, dress watches and tool watches. I would still like to keep it to one watch to represent the brand.

P.S. Just not the YatchMaster II😉

Reactions: RxLeyland

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Rolex is probably the most popular rep brand. Due to the high demand for Rolex reps, and competition among factories, I think the high-end Rolex reps are the closest to gen of all reps. I would like to get a single Rolex to represent the brand in my collection. The best reps are very expensive (to me), so I just want to get one Rolex.

My go-to would be the ubiquitous 116610LN. This is the one Rolex everybody recognizes and probably most repped watch of all time. But I like other models as well, and I don’t necessarily want to get what everyone else gets (even if I have only seen one in the wild in my life, lol). The saying goes that 99% of people don’t even look at your watch, and for the other 1% I say that 99% of them think that the only Rolex model is the 116610.

So, of reps that are currently available, which Rolex would you get if you could have one only. Those of you who have, or have had, multiple models of Rolex watches, which one do you wear the most or what model do you think is the most versatile to wear overall? I know there are two subgroups, dress watches and tool watches. I would still like to keep it to one watch to represent the brand.

P.S. Just not the YatchMaster II😉

126610LN For life!

Reactions: Tompa

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
I’d go for a Cellini, no wait an Explorer 1655... but I don’t think they were repped. Maybe a Daytona 116515ln, though it might perhaps be too flashy. I could go for a GMT-Master Pepsi but it might look a bit chunky on my wrist.
As you were... a Cellini it is, provided there’s a good functioning rep of the rose gold moonphase version. I’ve just been scrolling through some images and had forgotten about the Explorer 114270. My head hurts.

Thomas_M

Rolexoholic
Patron
Certified
8/4/22
EU
I'd go for Explorer 36 ref. 124270. Both in rep and gen world.
Cheers!

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
116523 panda racing dial with the older small clasp bracelet. The smaller clasp bracelet is more comfortable than the newer large clasp. I have 2 franken daytonas both with gen bracelets, one small clasp and one new clasp. I prefer the older small clasp. I also prefer the older and less busy 523 bezel over the newer 503 bezels.

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
I’d go for a Cellini, no wait an Explorer 1655... but I don’t think they were repped. Maybe a Daytona 116515ln, though it might perhaps be too flashy. I could go for a GMT-Master Pepsi but it might look a bit chunky on my wrist.
As you were... a Cellini it is, provided there’s a good functioning rep of the rose gold moonphase version. I’ve just been scrolling through some images and had forgotten about the Explorer 114270. My head hurts.
This is totally me trying to figure this out!😂