• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If You Could Have One Performance Car, What Would It Be?

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Yes, I am making another thread like this.

The idea of this one, is for you to post what car you would choose for your weekend driver, I want to see performance cars!

Mine, as some already know, the Lexus LFA

lexuslfa3.jpg

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
hmmmm.... i was gonna say 997 GT2,
car_photo_226431_7.jpg

but instead i will opt for a F430 Scuderia :)
fcuk practicality, this is about raw thrills!

ferrari-f430-scuderia.jpg

ferrari-430-scuderia.jpg

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Tough decision between a DBS

2007_aston_martin_dbs_02_m.jpg

and my first love, the Corvette

2009-chevrolet-convette-zr1-red.JPG

There is just something so wonderfully American about the 'Vette that I will always love :proud:

Of course if I had it my way, I'd have both, and few more thrown in as well :biglaugh:

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Tough decision between a DBS

2007_aston_martin_dbs_02_m.jpg

and my first love, the Corvette

2009-chevrolet-convette-zr1-red.JPG

There is just something so wonderfully American about the 'Vette that I will always love :proud:

Of course if I had it my way, I'd have both, and few more thrown in as well :biglaugh:

go for the DBS, vette compared to an aston, is like comparing Mcdonalds to caviar

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
go for the DBS, vette compared to an aston, is like comparing Mcdonalds to caviar

Granted, the two cars stock are in different leagues, but with the $$$ saved from the Vette you could have a whole different monster on your hands. Full leather and Cashmere interior, custom body panels to make the car a little smoother/leaner, and it's already one of the fastest cars on the planet.

How about a DBS for "arriving" at the dinner parties and a 'Vette for track days on the weekend or anytime I really need to get somewhere in a hurry :biglaugh:

Of course, you could always be the biggest jerk on the block and turn your ZR1 into the "Mantide"

Mantide_Studio.jpg

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Ferrari F430 Coupe in red.

2005-ferrari-f430-fa-top-1920x1440.jpg

OR a Porsche 997 TT

2007-TechArt-Porsche-911-997-Turbo-Side-1280x960.jpg

I would be happy to take either one.

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
I always think I want something else but I have had this so long and wont ever get rid of it, I dont think I will ever have anything other than a Porsche, air cooled Targa..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
DMC you don't know what you want lol. You change your mind every 10 minutes. I would hate to be you when you spend a fortune on a car and the next day you realize you like another one better :D

For me, Veyron Grand Sport
bugatti-veyron-grand-sport-convertible-dark-skies1.jpg

EDIT: Not a working picture, put a nice one in myself :)

bugattiveyron741024x768.jpg

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
DMC you don't know what you want lol. You change your mind every 10 minutes. I would hate to be you when you spend a fortune on a car and the next day you realize you like another one better :D

For me, Veyron Grand Sport
bugatti-veyron-grand-sport-convertible-dark-skies1.jpg

EDIT: Not a working picture, put a nice one in myself :)

bugattiveyron741024x768.jpg

If I had a fortune to spend on cars, I would get both :D

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Tempting as the idea of the F430 Scud or the LP640 SV may be. I have a few others making the list.

I recently had the pleasure of seeing the LP640 SV in all black like the picture posted above. The fastest factory Lambo ever made, and one of the fastest production cars in the world. The care nearly caused my wife and father to witness just how much raw emotion a car like that can draw out of me, in the form of my eye's welling up. Literally. Think what you will of me, go ahead.

The Enzo, The F50, F40, McLaren F1, the Murcielago and some others are sights to behold. Being around one makes the hairs on my arm stand up, my senses and adrenaline go on high-alert as if I was close enough that the chance to strap myself in drivers side and pilot it was a possibility. I stare and I stare and I stare until whoever I am at the show with becomes angry and claws me away from what I know, is true love, between it and myself, forever meant to be. I would be humbled and honored to own just one car on a list that is too long to narrow down to just one.

However.. I prefer the gurgled brute trumpeting sounds of the force-fed built up, angrily released by an inline six twin turbo, feeding to all four meaty wheels. An engine that it has been said to be "quite possibly the strongest engine man has ever produced."

A car, with a pedigree of being one of only 200. A card carrying member of "the fastest production car in the world" club. Bring whatever you want, but unless its track prepped, probably super exotic, then be happy you were lucky enough to snap pics of the back bumper until after the race. And kiss it when it's over. Out of pure respect... The one, the only...

NISMO Z-Tune. I could live peacefully with this choice.

nismoz-tunedaikokufutotokyo19.jpg

nissan_skyline_gt-r_nismo_z-tune_3.jpg

But when no one is watching, my eyes will well-up as my Italian soul beckons for it's true love that was meant to be.

2196600271_5c024a73df_b.jpg

I want both. Its my dream, and I'm taking both!
icon8.gif

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
But when no one is watching, my eyes will well-up as my Italian soul beckons for it's true love that was meant to be.

2196600271_5c024a73df_b.jpg

I want both. Its my dream, and I'm taking both!
icon8.gif

I hope you know that isnt a picture of the actual car, thats a model

and you can take both if you want, I will change the peramiters, to if you wanted 3 weekend drivers

moleng1

Horology Curious
27/10/09
I would have to go with the Aston Martin One 77................ exscuse me, I have to move so I don't drool on my keyboard.................

10-29-08-01-Aston-Martin-One-77.jpg

aston-martin-one-77-side-view.jpg

10-29-08-04-Aston-Martin-One-77rear.jpg

aston-martin-one-77.jpg

Aston-Martin-One-77-Interior-lg.jpg

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
It looks like AML are stealing a bit of Merc's SLR there!

@P4GTR: the R34 is a true everyday racers car, and is probably the most reliable of them all, but it's not exactly pretty is it?
If i were lucky enough to be driving through the Dolomites or Monaco - I'd want to feel, hear and been seen in a Ferrari!

RD-3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/10
Vector W8.

I always had a thing for Vectors. The first 2 photos above are the W2.

Have you seen the new car they are supposedly working on, the WX8....

DSCF2288-sm-sm.JPG

CIMG0569-sm.jpg

Thats one big engine!

I'd choose the Jaguar XJ13....

Jaguar-XJ13_4.jpg

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
I'd choose the Jaguar XJ13....

Jaguar-XJ13_4.jpg

Old Jaguars always looked amazing, recently saw this on the highway

The E-Type

5777093b6e3460415.jpg

I am pretty sure it was one of those Jaguars that Top Gear featured, the ones with all the modern parts and engine and stuff, but the origonal body and such of the origonal

RD-3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/10
Here is a video of the real deal... XJ13

YouTube- Jaguar XJ-13

I tried to embed it but it wouldn't work here.

Those E-types are fantastic cars too... the racing ones in particular.
1963_jaguar_e_type_lightweight-1.jpg