• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

An Apology to the members of RWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
i kinda knew that it was you who changed PF's avatar, dawg~ and i found it hilarious!!! :lol:

even PF kinda enjoyed it i think! haha :lol:

so YES, you DID abuse your power but NO HARM WAS DONE. :)

and i know that to come out and apologize like this in public....takes a lot of guts...kudos to you

what? leave the forum????

you ain't going nowhere dawg~ and you know it too~~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
BillVest said:
Question: Was this the real reason you left as a MOD, or was it for the reasons stated?

I did leave on my own. I had a disagreement with another another person in admin and left that was all there was to it.

I fully expected to be lynched when i started this thread infact i was sorry i made the post. I cannot believe how forgiving you guys are i really appreciate it. Wait a minute TTK has not replied yet so there is still time for me to be flamed :D

Chris3

20/3/06
dawg said:
I wan't to make a public Apology to the members of RWI for my actions when i was in admin. I want to confess that i did a few things that I am not proud of when i was in admin. at the time I thought it was just having fun because i have always been a practical joker. I am guilty of changing PaneraiFreaks avatar as a joke. I never meant to hurt him it was a joke but i see now that maybe it was not so funny to him. I am also guilty of making another account and flaming Andreww and then turing around and banning that account to make it look like it was not me. I am very sorry I did those things but as I said at the time it was just done as a joke but now i see i was very wrong in doing those things. I would like to ask you all to forgive me. I will leave the forum if you want me to.

I have always tried to make this place better and have enjoyed being here. I just want to say besides those things that I did i am a good person and honest in my dealings. My jokes go to far sometimes and i admit that. I am sorry I let you guys down.

I think it speaks volumes about you that you admit to these things. IMO these arent serious issues and I agree that I have always enjoyed your posts. My vote is to let this go and just get back to enjoying a Great Forum.

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
zetterdawg said:
not so fast, you still need to change your name to be 100% absolved.

hehehe, you were the first dawg here indeed, but i have been dawg all my life even in real life that is my nickname.

D

d4m.test

It takes a man. Cool and honorable, Dawg.

-bk

D

d4m.test

No walkies for you today......and no I'm not tickling your tummy either.......you did what you did and stood up and were counted.......no stick from me...... :D

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
jiro said:
i kinda knew that it was you who changed PF's avatar, dawg~ and i found it hilarious!!! :lol:

and i know that to come out and apologize like this in public....takes a lot of guts...kudos to you

OK.

I found the changing avatars a LITTLE funny at first but then I found it annoying and quite INVASIVE to know that someone on the forum had my password was also upsetting. I contacted Tim a few times about this issue and I was quite concerned. No results came from Tim and no positive outcome either until a member bluntly suggested for me to change my password. I did.

I find this very very disturbing that someone, who was handed great power over the forum and its members, decides to use that power for "FUN" and some JOKING AROUND...

I would expect much more from a grown responsible man and moreso from a Mod. Being in management on this forum should mean that many commandable qualities are hard set in the person. Qualities like: trustworthiness, professioanlism, strong ethics, utmost respect for the members, INTEGRITY and accountability.

I am sure Dawg is a nice, well meaning member most times and yes we make mistakes in life but I do recall that most people who are in position of power and are caught abusing that power usually pay a dear price...

Nothing personal against Dawg but I do believe Tim (ADMIN) should not let one posted apology be the only thing to happen. A stronger action needs to be taken by Admin, a decisive administrative move to show the members that when something compromises the security, confidentiality or privacy of members something concrete needs to be done.

The apology is heart felt, i am sure but now it is in Tim's hands to see what the consequence is for these actions described by Dawg.

As we all know, there is a consequence to every action. The difference is that some people are not willing to suffer the consequence while others are.

LL

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
TTK said:
No walkies for you today......and no I'm not tickling your tummy either.......you did what you did and stood up and were counted.......no stick from me...... :D

Thank you TTK, i hope you knew i was just joking when i said you may flame me. Most dont know our history but i have come to like and respect you very much i hope you believe that.

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
paneraifreak said:
jiro said:

OK.

I found the changing avatars a LITTLE funny at first but then I found it annoying and quite INVASIVE to know that someone on the forum had my password was also upsetting. I contacted Tim a few times about this issue and I was quite concerned. No results came from Tim and no positive outcome either until a member bluntly suggested for me to change my password. I did.

I find this very very disturbing that someone, who was handed great power over the forum and its members, decides to use that power for "FUN" and some JOKING AROUND...

I would expect much more from a grown responsible man and moreso from a Mod. Being in management on this forum should mean that many commandable qualities are hard set in the person. Qualities like: trustworthiness, professioanlism, strong ethics, utmost respect for the members, INTEGRITY and accountability.

I am sure Dawg is a nice, well meaning member most times and yes we make mistakes in life but I do recall that most people who are in position of power and are caught abusing that power usually pay a dear price...

Nothing personal against Dawg but I do believe Tim (ADMIN) should not let one posted apology be the only thing to happen. A stronger action needs to be taken by Admin, a decisive administrative move to show the members that when something compromises the security, confidentiality or privacy of members something concrete needs to be done.

The apology is heart felt, i am sure but now it is in Tim's hands to see what the consequence is for these actions described by Dawg.

As we all know, there is a consequence to every action. The difference is that some people are not willing to suffer the consequence while others are.

LL

So you are saying you want me banned over changing you avatar? BTW, in admin you do not need a password to change a avatar it is done in the admin panel. PF you are quick to judge and call for my banning! Shall we recall all the mistakes you made here to? I could have banned you for some of your actions when i was in admin and no one would have questioned it. I stuck up for you when you could have been banned. Remember PF, "He without sin cast the first stone!"

sexypapa

Known Member
17/3/06
By seeing this thing going on now, I have to ask our admins and mods a question:

I know Tim is running this forum, but besides him, who picked and decided whom to be admins and mods?

What is the qualification to become one?

The reason why I ask is because if there is any thread posted to notify all the members here to tell the qualifications of how to become an admin or mod, and some restrict rules apply to them to make all things clear, maybe this wouldn't happen.

I guess it might be too late, only my thoughts anyway.....

I hope things would be straighten out and everybody happy.
:wink:

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
Dawg, athough as and Admin this should not be done I can forgive and forget. It was not I that was affected so me feelings for your actions are of no consequence as it did not affect me. In general DRM has taken the right steps to avoid any issues of this or any other sort in the future. You have done the right thing my friend and apologized for what you did. In my eyes you are a stand up person, a gentleman and a scholar.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
there's bigger fish to fry!

a change in avatar or whatnot... let's pretend that was done in good fun!

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
@DAWG

it is not for me to say what should happen.

I never mentioned the word BANNED anywhere in my post nor did i allude to it.

Yes, you have covered for me and yes you could have used your power to ban me but I personally think I did use some strong words at times and I did stand up for myself and my opinions when people were freely attacking them but this is nothing worse than what I offer in my staff meetings at work...nothing unusual here.
That's me, the ture me. Not hidden, covered, doubled, just me. You either can take me or you cannot. And it's like that for me too when it comes to other members...I take them for what they are or I dont...

But to use administrative powers given to you to temper with avatars and create fake identity is UNethical to say the least....I have seen colleagues at work getting fired over this breach of trust.

Take is as you may, what I address here is the ethical conduct, not the person. I am intelligent and professioanl enough to differentiate the two and know for certain that you are a great person...I am only concerned with the actions taken, the decisions made and what repurcussions need to be made.

LL

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
crick said:
there's bigger fish to fry!

a change in avatar or whatnot... let's pretend that was done in good fun!

Unbelievable.

I actually was banned a month or so ago for less than this....

I am just an ordinary member who, one day, had a temper tantrum against Anubis and played a game of writing BOO HOO HOO hundreds of times...and I get banned for this??

I did not tap into a member's account, i did not take on a fake identity....but I get banned for writing BOO HOO a hundred times????????????

And when that happened to me, I was told to grow up and some even said: I should have been kept BANNED but here, nothing will happen, all is good my FRIEND????

Where was this message when I needed it ?????

robertk

16/3/06
Whoa! I came on to look at some watch stuff, and found myself re-directed to a soap opera............."As The Stomach Turns"!

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
Anubis said:
goo goo ga ga ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was not funny when I wrote it....why do you find it funny now, sir??

Status
Not open for further replies.