• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I spent 23 months in SE Asia ...

-XXXX-

Known Member
12/7/10
I asked to be added but he never did.

I sent him your email address... twice

6962127941_d8b8222baa.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I sent him your email address... twice

I know you did. :)

Anyway, I just checked and he did finally add me (four hours ago or so, after I made my last post). Anyway, thanks a lot! I will try to go see him next week when I'm in KL. ;)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I can't find the bugger but all's well .... when I get there I will do the usual haunts and see what turns up :D

marctzm

Looking Around
23/2/12
Anyone has this guy's contact? I'm looking into buying my first rep from Trevor, but since there's a dealer nearby me, it'll be much easier.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
He added me on FB and I may go see him in a couple of days or so. Will keep you guys posted.

marctzm

Looking Around
23/2/12
Will really appreciate it if you can drop me a PM after you visit his showroom :)

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Ok, I just got back from seeing the guy on Petaling Street. He's a really nice fellow and has some very good watches, including some latest versions of PAMs, Hublots etc. I ended up buying three watches from him. I may post some pics later on when I have more time. The price was similar to most of our TDs. But of course, you get after sales service, the ability to check out the watch in person, etc. So there's some added value there. He told me that when things go belly up in China like they've been over the last week or so with the factory seizures, business seems to pick up in Malaysia, and vice versa. So if anyone is in the area, I can only recommend this guy. You can also place an order with him and he'll get it in for you (just give him 3 or 4 weeks). Anyway, I will share more later, but in the meantime, thanks a lot to XXXX for the recommendation!

Quick phone pic of one of my purchases:

2012-03-26175247.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
great - thanks for letting folks know .... I will be there in May and want to look him up

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
By the way, I did the maths and it turns out I saved just a bit over 10% compared to buying from one of our guys. But like I said, I think the real value is really in the face to face deal. I got to check out all the watches I was curious about and some of the ones I always wanted to handle, which is something you can't do on a website or from a low quality chinatown rep seller.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Nice pick up there Rooster!

Would love to visit a watch market one day myself, although as a tourist they will most likely try to overcharge me on everything...

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Nice pick up there Rooster!

Would love to visit a watch market one day myself, although as a tourist they will most likely try to overcharge me on everything...

Thanks Cee.

Well, the great thing these days is that when you're quoted a price you can look up the watch in question on a dealer's website using your phone, and use their published price as a starting point for negotiations. That way you know whether you're getting a good or a bad deal.

D

d4m.test

You obviously did very WELL in SEA & KNEW just where to go. Excellent, impressive collection, mate!

dave

-XXXX-

Known Member
12/7/10
Ok, I just got back from seeing the guy on Petaling Street. He's a really nice fellow and has some very good watches, including some latest versions of PAMs, Hublots etc. I ended up buying three watches from him. I may post some pics later on when I have more time. The price was similar to most of our TDs. But of course, you get after sales service, the ability to check out the watch in person, etc. So there's some added value there. He told me that when things go belly up in China like they've been over the last week or so with the factory seizures, business seems to pick up in Malaysia, and vice versa. So if anyone is in the area, I can only recommend this guy. You can also place an order with him and he'll get it in for you (just give him 3 or 4 weeks). Anyway, I will share more later, but in the meantime, thanks a lot to XXXX for the recommendation!
]

Ehi Rooster, I am glad it all went well. The guy actually contacted me today and told me you were at the shop...

He is a nice fella and, as you said, being able to handle the pieces before buying is a real plus.

Glad my experience and post was useful to somebody within the community

Enjoy your watches!

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Ok, I promised I would post more pics of my purchases from XXXX's recommended dealer. Here they are. All very well priced too:

photo1-8.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

photo-10.jpg

The PAM North Pole is actually not for me but for a fellow RWI member who lives in Germany.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread so I will post more about my experience elsewhere. Cheers again XXXX!

Prosperity888

15/3/12
What an awesome collection! All of them looks so beautiful! -XXXX-, when you said "Asking the right questions" what do you mean by that?

-XXXX-

Known Member
12/7/10
I mean you need to talk to as many guys on the stalls as possible and let them know that you are after the quality stuff and you are prepared to pay a reasonable price for it.

Go there, take a walk, talk to the guys... You will find the place. I did!