• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hybrid build: PF case, 3K movement, PPF dial and hands

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I'm not quite into the clone movement of the current finishing but my hat's off to legend making PP Nautilus aficionados' newer dreams come true. :clap:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Absolutely splendid sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTO

KtsItaly

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/12/20
beautiful work.. but is the 3k a reliable movement? thanks

KtsItaly

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/12/20
After a service and regulation it is a fairly reliable movement. I will put it on par with a serviced miyota 9015 cal.

thanks for the info

RolexDayt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/15
Sick one! I read this topic with full interest, thanks for new insight guys

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Sick one! I read this topic with full interest, thanks for new insight guys

I believe that this is a temporary “best build” without involving gen parts. But I hope 3k can release the correct case and dial in the future and this will save a lot of modding work.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I believe that this is a temporary “best build” without involving gen parts. But I hope 3k can release the correct case and dial in the future and this will save a lot of modding work.

Absolutely amazing job my friend. This is legendary. This is next level !!

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
This is absolutely stunning & phenomenal work!

The 3K engraved V2 movement appears a lot better in your sneak peek than it looks on the TD websites. Could I please get your input on this, does all of the gold engraving match in color ? (from the TD photos there appears to be a mismatch between the "Patek Philippe" engravings, and the gold engravings on the balance bridge)

Thanks!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is absolutely stunning & phenomenal work!

The 3K engraved V2 movement appears a lot better in your sneak peek than it looks on the TD websites. Could I please get your input on this, does all of the gold engraving match in color ? (from the TD photos there appears to be a mismatch between the "Patek Philippe" engravings, and the gold engravings on the balance bridge)

Thanks!

In real life the engraving color or even quality isn’t a concern for me, unless you scrutinize it next to the gen. Most of the pics on the forum are magnified x times and in real life the engravings are a lot smaller. Yes I can see that the quality of the engravings isn’t a $100k job but if you look at the engravings on used gens you can sometimes see fading and discoloration as well.
Most significantly for me this detail is seen only when the watch is off the wrist and I’m assuming that the replica watch mostly will stay on the wrist in social environments and taken off only at home or in private. It is a detail which shouldn’t matter, all things considered.
That’s my personal take on the engravings, it will matter less to some than others.

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07

Appreciate your honesty and that said, one never knows if or when that may be...sometimes something improves while something else may not be as good as before. Each has to make their own decision on that but it’s great to know a talent like you is willing to help us reach the next level. Inspiring work that requires patience/knowledge/skill.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Absolutely stunning hybrid build.

Sent you a PM there to discuss;)

fauxtogo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/1/20
What fantastic work. Also sent a PM. Quite a cottage industry you may have. What would you do with all those leftover donor watches? Will there be B-stock made of all the mediocre parts? ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What fantastic work. Also sent a PM. Quite a cottage industry you may have. What would you do with all those leftover donor watches? Will there be B-stock made of all the mediocre parts? ;)

Well, when there are leftover parts, I return them to the owner, and it is up to him to do whatever he wishes with it.
For this build though, it uses a PF watch, PPF dial and hands, and 3K movements with the latter two sourced as parts, so there are no wastages, except for the PF Miyota movement.
It is a good base for practice for aspiring watchmakers, as its a basic movement to take apart and re-assemble.

Reactions: Allure and fauxtogo