• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hybrid build: PF case, 3K movement, PPF dial and hands

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I know, but the PF still need a lot of work, slimming, bevels, cutout at the crown ect.

Cosmo is modding the PPF, with a reshape of the bezel, and shortening the crown. It just seems like less overall work, and you don’t have to source both a PF and PPF dial/hands

But would the 3K movement fit inside the PPF case?

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I don’t quite follow you on the bezel, where do you see it as being to wide after the reshape?

I see a very slight difference on the crown guard between a stock PPF and my own hybrid, but we are talking a very slight difference

I don't want to hijack this thread and continue this discussion. So I'll PM you.

Reactions: 2841

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
And she is done. A teaser of the 3K clone movement peeking through the PF case.
ZrwCdo.jpg

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Amazing work legend . As of now, this combo seems to be the best clone money can buy.

Based on your experience and after service/regulation - do you think the 3K 324 clone will be like the Miyota (which are work horses in my opinion) in terms of long term reliability.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Amazing work legend . As of now, this combo seems to be the best clone money can buy.

Based on your experience and after service/regulation - do you think the 3K 324 clone will be like the Miyota (which are work horses in my opinion) in terms of long term reliability.

Thank you S. I will compare the 324 clone to the 4130 clone and say that if 4130 clone is a 90/100 after service, this one is about the same in terms of reliability. The quality of the parts isn’t the best and the alignment between parts can be improved with an overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
legend Amazing work on this, would you mind breaking down what was the end combination of parts used for this build? I have a spare PF case and a 3KFv1 movement. And might take up this challenge myself.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
legend
Amazing build but out of my budget, do you think the 3k movement can fit in the ppf case?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend
Amazing build but out of my budget, do you think the 3k movement can fit in the ppf case?

Yes it will. The ppf and pf case are different but in either case the 3k movement can be made to fit with proper machining work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
PPF dial and hands

outstanding project as always, sir.

Did the PPF hands fit without any modification?
I was thinking about adding a 324 SC clone to a ZF calatrava based on the same 9015 as the PPF.

Looking forward to see some more insights of the other implantations ;)