• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hybrid 5711, PPF V4 with 3Kf movement by SpongeBob

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Amazing build — I’m especially surprised you could get the watch to 8.3mm thickness. In my 5711 hybrid build with clone movement, it’s down to about 8.53mm….pretty negligible but my understanding is that getting to 8.3mm was not realistic.

How’s the dial look relative to gen? Is it pretty close?
Thanks bro

0.2mm is literally nothing trust me, dont even think about it. However if you want to do it nevertheless your modder can trim a little the caseback and there you have it

Thats a big subject. For me Its the best rep dial we have. Especially after the work of SpongeBob at the markers and the tiffany stamp(gives a nice balance) is just beautiful . There is a thread comparing it side to side with gen you can check that also and decide. However there are so many different variations of gen dials. Only alternative we have is the buff dial but this overly sunburst it has is a immediately reject from me

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Amazing build — I’m especially surprised you could get the watch to 8.3mm thickness. In my 5711 hybrid build with clone movement, it’s down to about 8.53mm….pretty negligible but my understanding is that getting to 8.3mm was not realistic.

How’s the dial look relative to gen? Is it pretty close?
IIRC my full Buff 3KF 5711 is 8.2 mm. I'll check it out this evening.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks bro

0.2mm is literally nothing trust me, dont even think about it. However if you want to do it nevertheless your modder can trim a little the caseback and there you have it

Thats a big subject. For me Its the best rep dial we have. Especially after the work of SpongeBob at the markers and the tiffany stamp(gives a nice balance) is just beautiful . There is a thread comparing it side to side with gen you can check that also and decide. However there are so many different variations of gen dials. Only alternative we have is the buff dial but this overly sunburst it has is a immediately reject from me
Blue PPF v4 is a great dial and I very like its green and grey. However, it doesn't have as high color dynamics as the older Buff. For this reason I own both dials. 😎

Reactions: Erinoush and j21

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Blue PPF v4 is a great dial and I very like its green and grey. However, it doesn't have as high color dynamics as the older Buff. For this reason I own both dials. 😎
Oops, sorry, I meant ...blue and grey.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Yes, in the end it comes down to your own preferences too and what you like more
Older buff dials are nice, the new ones though are so wrong

Reactions: Erinoush

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Pop Tv Bro GIF by Nightcap

And also... Now I want one too.
Sarcastic Not Funny GIF

😂😂😂😂😉

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: P..DR..D and j21

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Thanks — that’s my understanding too on PPF vs Gen vs Buff. My build has Buff and it’s really nice objectively but not as close to gen as your approach. I started a project with AMF to do a custom 5711 dial based on the PPF base. Unclear where we take it and whether we will be successful, can share learnings and results work this group once we have something to share.

Could you share the link of the post with a side by side?

Last note — have you looked at installing the custom bridges for the clone movement? A nice way to get the caseback closer to gen. Something I’m also considering.

Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thanks — that’s my understanding too on PPF vs Gen vs Buff. My build has Buff and it’s really nice objectively but not as close to gen as your approach. I started a project with AMF to do a custom 5711 dial based on the PPF base. Unclear where we take it and whether we will be successful, can share learnings and results work this group once we have something to share.

Could you share the link of the post with a side by side?

Last note — have you looked at installing the custom bridges for the clone movement? A nice way to get the caseback closer to gen. Something I’m also considering.
All the best with your build

Here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/my-perfect-franken-patek-5711-nautilus-build.10634543/

No, because whatever you do the balance bridge and the balance wheel will always be the instant tell

Last edited:
Reactions: X24222

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
So decided to create a thread to show my latest build

It all started when i receive months back a ppf v4 blue dial modded from SpongeBob (Tiffany stamp, bevveled markers), buff hands and buff datewheel

3UJrrK.jpg

3UJnGR.jpg

3UJ8L8.jpg

I was planning to put them in a 3kf but plans change, so decided to buy a modded case set from SpongeBob again. He suggested for base to be ppfv4, so here we are. The work done is:

PPF base watch and bracelet

- 3k movement

- Refinish the bracelet

- Flexible endlinks

- grease and waterproof test

1. New cavity for 324 movement
2. Recess and reshape the crown
3. Fix the bevel cutting
4. Trim down the thickness to 8.3
5. Fix the fat bezel
6. Fix the left ear

Now some photos

3UJggW.jpg

3UJbEk.jpg

3UJ0tD.jpg

3UJSeY.jpg

3UJJHo.jpg

3UJVyJ.jpg

3UJc4P.jpg

3UVZmS.jpg

3UVjPQ.jpg

3UVz0L.jpg

3UVHeR.jpg

One last thing was to change the second hand from buff, i find the center too small and flat, not the same as gen, so once again i let Steve to prepare me one, beveled and white gold plated, here photo:

3UVKt8.jpg

And here a photo of a gen second hand so you can compare it

3UVCKk.jpg

Then when i had everything on hand i send them to Interactiv for assembly
Here the 3kf movement fitted in the ppfv4 case
3UV8Tn.jpg

And the final result

3UVrb3.jpg

3UVB5s.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Best regards, J

• Haha
Reactions: P..DR..D and j21

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
If you don’t mind, could share pics side by side? That would be a helpful visualization to the community

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
This is some expert work brother. I really like that you have the 3k movement in the PPF that’s the best combo. Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: j21

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Exceptional build, have you been in contact with SpongeBob lately?? He’s taken parts from me 6 months ago and gone MIA and will not respond.

Reactions: gmikha and j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Exceptional build, have you been in contact with SpongeBob lately?? He’s taken parts from me 6 months ago and gone MIA and will not respond.
Thank you

Yes about 3 days ago