• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hybrid 5711, PPF V4 with 3Kf movement by SpongeBob

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
So decided to create a thread to show my latest build

It all started when i receive months back a ppf v4 blue dial modded from SpongeBob (Tiffany stamp, bevveled markers), buff hands and buff datewheel

3UJrrK.jpg

3UJnGR.jpg

3UJ8L8.jpg

I was planning to put them in a 3kf but plans change, so decided to buy a modded case set from SpongeBob again. He suggested for base to be ppfv4, so here we are. The work done is:

PPF base watch and bracelet

- 3k movement

- Refinish the bracelet

- Flexible endlinks

- grease and waterproof test

1. New cavity for 324 movement
2. Recess and reshape the crown
3. Fix the bevel cutting
4. Trim down the thickness to 8.3
5. Fix the fat bezel
6. Fix the left ear

Now some photos

3UJggW.jpg

3UJbEk.jpg

3UJ0tD.jpg

3UJSeY.jpg

3UJJHo.jpg

3UJVyJ.jpg

3UJc4P.jpg

3UVZmS.jpg

3UVjPQ.jpg

3UVz0L.jpg

3UVHeR.jpg

One last thing was to change the second hand from buff, i find the center too small and flat, not the same as gen, so once again i let Steve to prepare me one, beveled and white gold plated, here photo:

3UVKt8.jpg

And here a photo of a gen second hand so you can compare it

3UVCKk.jpg

Then when i had everything on hand i send them to Interactiv for assembly
Here the 3kf movement fitted in the ppfv4 case
3UV8Tn.jpg

And the final result

3UVrb3.jpg

3UVB5s.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Best regards, J

Last edited:

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Beautiful build and workmanship. As I’m drooling over the pics I only had one comment. Is the date wheel a little left justified in the date window or is it just the angle of the pic.

Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Beautiful build and workmanship. As I’m drooling over the pics I only had one comment. Is the date wheel a little left justified in the date window or is it just the angle of the pic.
Thank you
Yup, left as it should be as per gen

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Thank you
Yup, left as it should be as per gen
Interesting as I have seen many pics online of the gen and didn’t notice that on any 5711. I have OCD with these things and always take notice. In fact I’ve sent my PPF 5726 back to my local RWI watchsmith to have the month/ day / date windows and subdial aligned twice now !!! After these attempts is probably better aligned than gen now….🤪

In any case yours is a great build and example.

bunny123

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
18/7/18
This is a top 5711 build without installing any gen part it just can’t get any better. The bezel , crown date perfectly rounded markers this watch is piece of art. Amazing build brother Congratulations

• Love
Reactions: X24222 and j21

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
May I know what is the reason for choosing the PPF for the case and bracelet instead of the 3kf v3 ?

Many thanks

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
This is a top 5711 build without installing any gen part it just can’t get any better. The bezel , crown date perfectly rounded markers this watch is piece of art. Amazing build brother Congratulations
Excellent build, a job well done indeed. Congratulations.

Thank you my friends

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
May I know what is the reason for choosing the PPF for the case and bracelet instead of the 3kf v3 ?

Many thanks
Suggested by SpongeBob as better base

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Interesting as I have seen many pics online of the gen and didn’t notice that on any 5711. I have OCD with these things and always take notice. In fact I’ve sent my PPF 5726 back to my local RWI watchsmith to have the month/ day / date windows and subdial aligned twice now !!! After these attempts is probably better aligned than gen now….🤪

In any case yours is a great build and example.
Yes many variations some perfectly centered, some up, some left
2 details i wanted is the dw to be left and the lume to mismatch(stronger lume, thats why i left the buff lume untouched)

Thanks bro

Reactions: Teamjlf

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Amazing build. Been waiting for this build for the longest and results make it worth waiting for. Congratulations for this beautiful piece brother!

• Love

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Amazing build. Been waiting for this build for the longest and results make it worth waiting for. Congratulations for this beautiful piece brother!
It took us some time that's for sure.
Thank you brother

Reactions: Anonray

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Amazing build — I’m especially surprised you could get the watch to 8.3mm thickness. In my 5711 hybrid build with clone movement, it’s down to about 8.53mm….pretty negligible but my understanding is that getting to 8.3mm was not realistic.

How’s the dial look relative to gen? Is it pretty close?