• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hybrid 5711, PPF V4 with 3Kf movement by SpongeBob

Morofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/20
Italy
All this that I saw is really my dream! I would like have a 5711 exactly like that but without the "Tiffany" on dial and with the movement with more deep engraving and more finished.
Who can make this ?

• Love
Reactions: j21

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
All this that I saw is really my dream! I would like have a 5711 exactly like that but without the "Tiffany" on dial and with the movement with more deep engraving and more finished.
Who can make this ?
there is a modder here who lives in a pineapple under the sea, might be able to help you with your endeavors.

• Haha
Reactions: ywg and j21

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Thank you

Yes about 3 days ago
Yeah okay strange, I wonder why he’s not responding. Has he changed wattsapp number or anything at any point?
Appreciate the info.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Yeah okay strange, I wonder why he’s not responding. Has he changed wattsapp number or anything at any point?
Appreciate the info.
Nah i don't think so

astonmartin818

Horology Curious
6/1/23
usa
@j21 do you have any sense for how difficult it was to put a ppf dial onto a 3kf base/movement? I have a 3kf but want to swap out the dial with a ppf v4, not sure how feasible that is.

Zigg

Horology Curious
Supporter
Certified
9/12/22
New York
This is a wonderful build want to do something very similar with a green dial. Just haven't made the plunge yet.

• Love

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Very nice build, congrats bud

• Love

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
@j21 do you have any sense for how difficult it was to put a ppf dial onto a 3kf base/movement? I have a 3kf but want to swap out the dial with a ppf v4, not sure how feasible that is.
The 3KF is a clone movement, so it won’t be compatible with the PPF dial feet. Cut those off, and use dial dots.

Fun fact: A gen dial won’t fit on the 3KF moment as well, feet has to be cut :(

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
I wonder where you can get a green-blue PPF dial like that. The PPF V4 has a slight purple hue and the V3 has a very purple hue. Was the green-blue PPF dial even earlier than those?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I wonder where you can get a green-blue PPF dial like that. The PPF V4 has a slight purple hue and the V3 has a very purple hue. Was the green-blue PPF dial even earlier than those?
That was part of a v4 batch. I’ve had a handful of v4 dials, all of them had different colors going from gray/blue to purple/blue. All with variations in the sunburst effect too. It is really down to luck if you get a good dial or not :)

Here is my latest build with a v4 dial

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
So decided to create a thread to show my latest build

It all started when i receive months back a ppf v4 blue dial modded from SpongeBob (Tiffany stamp, bevveled markers), buff hands and buff datewheel

3UJrrK.jpg

3UJnGR.jpg

3UJ8L8.jpg

I was planning to put them in a 3kf but plans change, so decided to buy a modded case set from SpongeBob again. He suggested for base to be ppfv4, so here we are. The work done is:

PPF base watch and bracelet

- 3k movement

- Refinish the bracelet

- Flexible endlinks

- grease and waterproof test

1. New cavity for 324 movement
2. Recess and reshape the crown
3. Fix the bevel cutting
4. Trim down the thickness to 8.3
5. Fix the fat bezel
6. Fix the left ear

Now some photos

3UJggW.jpg

3UJbEk.jpg

3UJ0tD.jpg

3UJSeY.jpg

3UJJHo.jpg

3UJVyJ.jpg

3UJc4P.jpg

3UVZmS.jpg

3UVjPQ.jpg

3UVz0L.jpg

3UVHeR.jpg

One last thing was to change the second hand from buff, i find the center too small and flat, not the same as gen, so once again i let Steve to prepare me one, beveled and white gold plated, here photo:

3UVKt8.jpg

And here a photo of a gen second hand so you can compare it

3UVCKk.jpg

Then when i had everything on hand i send them to Interactiv for assembly
Here the 3kf movement fitted in the ppfv4 case
3UV8Tn.jpg

And the final result

3UVrb3.jpg

3UVB5s.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Best regards, J

Amazing build!!

I’m sorry to bother but can you explain what’s meant by fixing the left ear and recess the crown? ((English isn’t my first language so I didn’t get what it exactly means☺️))

Thanks

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Did you consider the BIONONE Keylog DW too?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Amazing build!!

I’m sorry to bother but can you explain what’s meant by fixing the left ear and recess the crown? ((English isn’t my first language so I didn’t get what it exactly means☺️))

Thanks
Thanks
Just some case work to make it more gen like
The crown is protruding too much at the rep
Left ear just fixing the shape

Reactions: Hussain1986