• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Fix Omega Clasps That Won't Stay Closed

std3333

Horology Curious
11/3/09
frank134 said:
I have a problem that the extension dosent go all the way down (on my Omega Planet Ocean):

left.gif

Its very difficult to see but the only thing I can think of are the little "bulges" in each side:

hol.gif

I tried with a plier but it seems not to press them inwards.

EDIT: Comared to the pic in the beginning of the thread the space in between the extension seems very narrow on my pic - dont know if it is the exact same model:
step_9.jpg

i am pretty sure it is the same model,it propably became that way after the go you had on it with the pliers-at least,that is what happenned to me :lol: -i had no luck trying to fix it so i bought a new clasp from ebay,of course i needed the clasp spring too so it was worth the 25$.size of the clasp doesn't matter since all the inner parts(springs,covers,extensions) are the same in both 20 & 18 mm editions.
if you are careful you can easily fix this one with a swap.about reshaping it now that it is bent,i don't know,my tries were failures but definitely good luck to you :D

tonio_fr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/08
time_bandit said:
This is a common problem with the Omega reps but fortunately it is an easy fix.

The way the clasp SHOULD work is a spring in the clasp snaps around both sides of this piece.
step_1.jpg

Hello,

A friend has the same probleme on is PO but I can not see the pictures anymore. Is there another tread similar ?

Thanks

tonio_fr

6/11/08
frank134 said:
If the bracelet "clicks off by itself" its because the spring is too wide. Just take a small screwdriver and force the two sides of the spring together. Then it will become tight enough to keep the clasp in place.
I Will try tomorow but it was a great howto so it would be nice to have the pictures if someone CAN help.

Cheers

ReadyFreddie

29/8/09
Hi guys, first post here. Does anyone have the photos from the OP on this thread please? My PO clasp is a little loose and needs the spring adjusting, but the OP's pictures (or similar) would really help me out. Thanks all! :)

EDIT: I've figured out it out without the aid of the pictures.... which is just as well as I guess they must be gone for good. It's a nice and fairly easy mod to do and now the clasp is as tight as the gen! :D

jw

Looking Around
5/9/09
So is there any way for those photos to be replaced? Since it seems to be such a common problem, perhaps another member could post a new series of photos?

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
So is there any way for those photos to be replaced? Since it seems to be such a common problem, perhaps another member could post a new series of photos?
No there is not... they are gone forever...
I tried to draw them on the wall in my hospital room, but the nurses were rather peeved at the fact that I was writing on the wall in blood. Not to mention, Im not a very good artist and they looked more like smurfs and transformers than watch clasps!

jimboquick

Looking Around
5/10/09
Any chance at getting the original pictures back up someplace? If someone sent them to me I would do it.

Thanks,

Jimbo

doc

Looking Around
27/8/07
Anyone got the pics from the original post? I need to take a look at these.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
I need help with mine. The original post pics are all gone. I tried to fix it without taking it apart but to no avail.

Also the last link next to the part of the clasp where it opens flops down perpendicular. I need a fix for that too. It does that on both of my PO omega watches. Any help is kindly appreciated for these two issues. This watch is going to get very very minimal wrist time so that it won't fall on the floor.

robbnj

11/6/09
I need help with mine. The original post pics are all gone. I tried to fix it without taking it apart but to no avail.

Also the last link next to the part of the clasp where it opens flops down perpendicular. I need a fix for that too. It does that on both of my PO omega watches. Any help is kindly appreciated for these two issues. This watch is going to get very very minimal wrist time so that it won't fall on the floor.

I flattened the piece with the "mushroom" pin ever-so-slightly (in the area shown by the arrow) on mine. This makes the clasp close nice and tight which keeps those endlinks from (annoyingly) flipping over.

Be carfeul not to bend the portion that has been ground out to go over the crossbar, as it will likely snap on you.

CLASP.gif

IMG_7734.jpg

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
I flattened the piece with the "mushroom" pin ever-so-slightly (in the area shown by the arrow) on mine. This makes the clasp close nice and tight which keeps those endlinks from (annoyingly) flipping over.

Be carfeul not to bend the portion that has been ground out to go over the crossbar, as it will likely snap on you.

how do you go about flattening that?

On mine, I replaced the pin on that link. I was blown away that I could push the pin that was in there out with my fingers and without a tool!! So it had to go. I put a 0.039" pin in its place.

Oh I see what you are saying, that actual arm. Yeah that won't work for me since I already put the correct size pin. I'll double check though. I think I may still have to modify the spring and it looks like I have to remove two pins in order to get that out. Since the photos are gone I'll just have to use judgement hopefully it is simple. It should be. Most things on this watch are.

robbnj

11/6/09
how do you go about flattening that?

On mine, I replaced the pin on that link. I was blown away that I could push the pin that was in there out with my fingers and without a tool!! So it had to go. I put a 0.039" pin in its place.

Oh I see what you are saying, that actual arm. Yeah that won't work for me since I already put the correct size pin. I'll double check though. I think I may still have to modify the spring and it looks like I have to remove two pins in order to get that out. Since the photos are gone I'll just have to use judgement hopefully it is simple. It should be. Most things on this watch are.

No pics, but what I did with mine was disassemble the clasp (hammer the pins out), then put in a spacer to push the spring deeper into the assembly. I made the spacer out of some flexible plastic.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
I just added my gen spring into the clasp. It was too long so I had to clip off part of it but now it works great. Had to bend it a little. it is shaped a little different from the rep spring. The rep spring is a lot more simple looking, just one straight bent piece of spring rod, whereas the gen part has a raised bridge to it which had to be put toward the clasp itself otherwise one of the buttons wouldn't release.

Looks like I have to do the mod above to the bar because one of the links is flopping over again. Hopefully that will work out well. This is a very nice watch, I'd have to say the nicest watch I own.

Been thinking about it and read above again and was sure that someone posted about a spacer. It looks like that is what I will have to do. It is kind of a pain to take the pins out but I am sure I can do it again. After that, that should be my final mod. This watch is great. Hope they re-release it soon.