• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Fix Omega Clasps That Won't Stay Closed

stargeezer

Looking Around
23/10/07
Thanks to all who supplied the knowledge for this to be done, my sons omega clasp developed this problem and my P O also has the same problem. Must be a problem with them all, thats why they are called reps, it does put you off though. We can take off the leather straps now and put back the bracelets. Regards to all. :lol:

gen

Known Member
6/2/07
Great Tutorial. I have a seamaster that I don't wear anymore because
of this problem. I'll give it a try this weekend and see what happens.
THANKS!!!! :D

sammy7878

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/07
This is a good instructional. It took me quite a while to figure out how to fix mine on my own, my divers ext wouldn't stay closed.

the_CEO

22/3/06
How timely this is!

My clasp just broke completely and it's this little part that came out!

f5mando

Horology Curious
27/4/07
A truly GREAT article very well explained (even if the word 'careful' should only have one 'L')! Smashing photography, too. Thanks so much for that.
One of my Omegas' clasp was closing tight (if I applied a LOT of pressure), but would open with only one button depressed. I bent the offending side of the spring towards the center of the hole with a small screwdriver, which fixed that issue. It's much harder to close the clasp now, though - and it was tough before. I may have to dismantle the little bastard after all..! :?

zz

Horology Curious
28/7/06
Hi guys,

I need a little help...I can't seem to push the pin out of the sleeve. I've bent sewing needles trying to do it (even while pushing down on the right part. Any ideas?

pezzy

Horology Curious
5/12/06
alright the pin is fucking impossible to push out. i tried to hammer it out and it worked till it reached the full length of the bit i was using to push the pin out. so i decided to push the rest out using a drill bit. now ive got a drill bit stuck in the hole and to make it worst, the thing snapped so now i have a broken drill bit stuck with about 3 cm of the pin sticking out the other side *sigh. it blows my mind how tight the manufacturers made the pins fit but yet couldn't get a proper tight closing fit of the clasp.

bad959fl

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/11/06
Great tutorial, thanks! I had this problem with my blue SMP chrono and it was really annoying.

jpeg

Horology Curious
3/12/07
Hi there, any tips on how to fix the rewind/date/time valve that does not want to get screw back in (left in rewind position) ?
Anyone????

Thks, i really appreciate
J

spidermanphil

Horology Curious
13/10/08
Great tutorial, but in attempting this fix, I broke my spring. :x

Can anyone help me out and let me know where I could get another spring or two?

Thanks,

Phil

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
This is the 3rd clasp out of around 100 UPO's that I have sold.. not a bad rate on replicas... it just sucks when it happens to you.

I'll get a new clasp for you if you do not find a way to fix it or a local shop that you can get the part from.

:( sucks huh..

spidermanphil

Horology Curious
13/10/08
daytona4me,

I have tried a couple of places, no luck so far.

I think that I'm going to have to take you up on your replacement clasp offer.

I love the watch by the way, and really appreciate your consideration with respect to the clasp.

spidermanphil

dadengcrew

18/9/08
Oh wow, I guess I got lucky. i just used a pair of pliers to tighten them.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
yes this is a problem and I just learned how to do this on mine yesterday, without the benefit of the tutorial :x

Another problem with the rep PO clasp is the mushroom pin. They fall apart very very easily. luckily, some epoxy or crazy glue can fix that quite simply.

ougeta

Horology Curious
30/3/09
great tutorial!!!!!!!!!!! def. use this one .. i am looking to get a UPO soon :)