• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
In Spain, you might want to contact ssteel. He's in finland I believe. great guy. and knows what he is doing. It is often better to ship your watch off than use local guys. Most local watch repair shops will not touch a rep.

jamieroquai

26/12/12
In Spain you have replicantes they have a website I've been told they are reliable and not too expensive

Alcander

19/6/13
In Spain, you might want to contact ssteel. He's in finland I believe. great guy. and knows what he is doing. It is often better to ship your watch off than use local guys. Most local watch repair shops will not touch a rep.
Sorry, I send you a pm for error.

For the other guy..
Yes, in Spain replicantres is the best option.

Marcuslen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
1/5/13
Correction ...Micky is a horologist + a great guy.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
anyone can service near Singapore? I plan to get one replica tourbillon but just want to read more about it and to service a time piece that I plan to get next year Jan.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
any suggestions on who should i send my watch to service?

Thanks for the advice and contact.

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
Any Friendly Rep watchsmith in Yorkshire Region UK, who willing or happy or experienced to have a look at Asian Tourby? Know that Domi is extremely busy and had long queue during this time. Thanks in advanced and fully appreciated.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
my local watchsmith is at least a 4 month wait for anything. and it seems that a lot of them have quite a waiting period. Watchsmiths are in high demand and usually have quite a waiting list. So I would say you're looking at a wait probably with any watchsmith. I don't know if ssteel works on tourbies or not, but maybe contact him and if he doesn't he might know someone over there that does. Good luck.

devonhiee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/13
Raul at Watch Repair Master in Los Angeles California
http://www.watchrepairmaster.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/watch-repair-master-los-angeles-4

I was looking for a rep friendly watch smith to fix my ETA. I came upon this place looking through his Yelp reviews. He is located a block off Dodger Stadium. I was a little unsure since the reviews were mainly about chaning straps and batteries so I wasn't sure if he worked on more complex movements. However, based on his reviews, he seemed like a really honest and caring guy so I decided to try him out.

I told him upfront that it was an asian clone movement of the ETA. He looked at it and was very enthusiastic. We talked about watches and replicas for about 10 minutes. He quoted me a really good price and also stated that it came with 1 year warranty without taking it apart and looking at it. I left the movement with him (I had no movement case) and he said that it would be done in a week.

He called me a week later and told me that the movement was ready. He said that there was a jewel missing near the yoke and that based on our agreement it would still be the same quoted price. When I went to pick it up, he went into further detail and, knowing that I am getting into fixing my own watches, gave me some tips and showed me some of his gear. I also asked if he did water testing and he said that he has all the equipment for watches. He also was working on a huge clock (standing, not wall) when I went in and he told me that fixes all different types of clocks and watches.

I highly recommend Raul. I have had a hard time finding a good and honest watchmaker in LA with reasonable prices and I finally found him.

WGJA

Known Member
17/1/15
Thank you for the information. I'm still looking for a reputable rep watchsmith in Seattle Area.

jahnaosei

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/15
Great tips, many thanks! I'll probably try to service my next rep so will look into a proper one in Portugal... probably there isn't one that knows chinese movements but I'll try haha

Silverfox612

Horology Curious
15/6/15
I'm in Minneapolis! We do all watch repair! And if it's too expensive, we can replace a watch with a new of same or other style of your choice !!!

sarlan19

19/6/14
I'm in Minneapolis! We do all watch repair! And if it's too expensive, we can replace a watch with a new of same or other style of your choice !!!

You know you can use . instead of !
And I think you could of done better with your first 2 post. I hope no one sends you their watch before you build a better rep. This post looks shady to me. Just my 2 cents.