• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

Clock79jb

Known Member
6/7/09
If anyone know's of a Watchsmith willing to work on Rep's in the Orlando, FL are aplease PM me. Thanks!

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
Excellent information. Thank you. Do you recommend having a watch serviced as soon as you recieve it?

Yeah. I was just about to ask about this… i went to a watch smith recently soon after I got my last one because of a little problem with it. He inspected the watch and told me there was almost no lubricant at all on the movement and asked me if I wanted to do a full service on it. He told me he would take the movement apart, wash it and lubricate it, calibrate it and a bunch of other stuff. He also told me that after this, the watch would be able to keep reserve power up to 40 hours. It cost me more than the watch but I love that watch so I went ahead.

But it got me thinking… some ppl wrote that some watches would last over 5 years while others a few months.

Maybe its better to have them service soon after you get them… right?

jpatel4u

Looking Around
15/10/10
Nj nyc phl

Just adding to the list Is there any place in the tri state other then Stamford CT that services and repairs watches? Its a big market lol NJ NY Philly

Deals789

Horology Curious
15/1/13
Hi anybody know of a good watchmaker in the NYC, NJ area or even stamford please PM me. There is a reference to a post for a watchmaker in Stamford but i am unable to find that post.

Thanks

cyberwarhol

Renowned Member
28/7/13
I have found a pretty good watch smith in Richmond Hill (GTA, north of Toronto). Been taking some of my reps for him to check and clean. Chatting with him from time to time, even when I don't have any watch for him to play with.

Today I was talking to him about this community and told him that I am going to post in the forum and he is fine with it. Unfortunately, he will not do any waterproof testing......

PM me for more information.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share details of a watchsmith I have been using in Sydney. He does great work and is willing to fix pretty much anything. From Quartz/7750/ETA Clone whatever you have and he does a very very good job and prices are fair. Very very quick turnaround too. I just gave him my IWC Big Pilot to have a dial swapped maybe 30mins ago. He said it will be ready tomorrow morning.

He also fixed a crown and stem issue on a 7750 for me. Did a movement swap for me/Hand and Dial swaps. I'm not sure about providing full service for a 7750 watch or any other movement but he will fix it if it dies.

Also fixed some chrono issues I had with some watches previously where it wasn't resetting properly or the actual subdials were moving loosely by themselves.

Anyway try him out yourself. You MUST ask for the boss. Forgot his name (might be Ken) but he is a tall Asian guy with glasses. Speaks good English too.

Probably better to go there in person. Hes a nice guy.

Watch Express
Westpoint Shopping Centre Blacktown.
(02) 9671 7388

chrono_luv

5/12/08
Where you able to find a watchmaker to service your rep in the DC area? If so, let me know.

ag69

13/9/13
Great post, thanks!!

For anyone in the Detroit MI area, I just talked to a watch repair guy today in Dearborn Height. He is willing to work on reps. I need to take a Hublot Big Bank v6 I just purchased from another forums M2M section because it stopped working. I'll post a reply once I get the watch back on how good the service was since this will be the first time I use the guy. For those who might be interested in the contact info, send me a pm.

Broken

Looking Around
1/3/13
Hi guys. Please let me know/pm me if you know of a good watch smith in London uk. Thanks

eshow3907

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/13
If anyone know's of a Watchsmith willing to work on Rep's in the Orlando, FL are aplease PM me. Thanks!

Clocm79jb, did you ever find a rep-smith in Orlando? If so please PM me the info.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
This is a great on going post and great service to the forums community. Keep posting guys, it is not an easy task to find good watchsmiths willing to work on reps. Our sincerest appreciation to those who do.