• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
If anyone knows a watchsmith in Spain, please tell me. I knew replicantres, but I think they are not active anymore.

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Do NOT ask if they would be willing to work on other reps for you - this will scare them (if they don't yet know and trust you) that you are somehow going to get them involved in something illegal. If you have other reps, bring one in a few weeks later, etc. After you develop the relationship, you will have no problems.

Thanks very much for the write up! I have to admit that I did not read through all 30 pages now... But: is it indeed illegal to service a replica watch? I understood that buying, owning and manipulating a rep is not illegal - only making and selling one.

Would be great to learn more!

Thavisionary

Horology Curious
3/7/23
United states
I had an issue with a Pepsi I bought from clean. Took it to a local guy in Orlando and followed the same type of conversation. He said it’s a nice rep, and a few minutes later it was fixed. I’d take all of them there if I had issues.

skhoury

Looking Around
Supporter
Certified
11/4/14
California
Can anyone recommend me someone who does modifications ? I.e. crystal upgrades , jewel color, hands modifications. Specific for RM style

SamiJ

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/7/23
NY
Good post. I'd also add that it's really better to just visit them in person rather than call them, as they'll need to see the movement, and or other parts they'd be working with. At first, give them something small if you can, you don't know how good they really are so give them a small project and see how they do. If you're able to, get there work checked out by another watchmaker you know. That's what I've always done.

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
We’ll I nervously took the advice of this thread and reach out to a local horologist using advice found here. Ended up finding a great set of guys on the first try. Ended up talking with them in person about this hobby and they weren’t aware of this great community. I’m sure one is gonna check it out. I’ve had lubed several pressure tested. $40-50 each. I have a PAM Bronzo I’m partial to that wasn’t running great. To dismantle, service and pressure test was $90. They want $300 to tear the whole movement apart to clean and oil. All in all great guys. Not sure if I should name them here, is that appropriate? Coincidentally it’s in the Houston area.
@Raddave @guru or whomever is the mod for this realm

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
We’ll I nervously took the advice of this thread and reach out to a local horologist using advice found here. Ended up finding a great set of guys on the first try. Ended up talking with them in person about this hobby and they weren’t aware of this great community. I’m sure one is gonna check it out. I’ve had lubed several pressure tested. $40-50 each. I have a PAM Bronzo I’m partial to that wasn’t running great. To dismantle, service and pressure test was $90. They want $300 to tear the whole movement apart to clean and oil. All in all great guys. Not sure if I should name them here, is that appropriate? Coincidentally it’s in the Houston area.
@Raddave @guru or whomever is the mod for this realm
You can name them , but only give numbers out by PM please , as we dont know them

Raazod44

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/23
France
do you have contacts in France, it's hard to find I have the impression

alejrossi

Horology Curious
10/9/23
Hi! Im new here. Is this the right place to ask if somebody know a réplica fixer in or close to Miami? I have a qulity rolex réplica that is failing. Thanks!

Reactions: Molesou

Mossback

Horology Curious
Supporter
20/8/23
I followed directions found in the first post and found a local watch maker who was pleased to take on my clone. He replaced the clone ETA in my Chinese 50 fathoms with an authentic Stellita movement.
I was honest and polite he was the first watch maker I spoke to in person.

Bben70

Looking Around
20/8/23
Anyone have any luck finding a good place to do servicing near San Francisco? I have half a dozen reps and a couple gens that need attention. PM me if you have a contact. Prefer to drop stuff off in person to shipping. Thanks!

Reactions: notasheep