• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help: ARF of BP dial doesn't fit ST16610 case

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
I've never found a better aftermarket LV insert than what the rep factories offer (ARF JF BP). Aftermarket aluminum inserts almost always need a pearl transplant.

A BP 3135 dial should fit the ARF case and movement 1:1

Thanks, so I will go with ARF B4 insert for now and maybe upgrade to gen if I found one for a good price later.

Checking with TD if can get BP dial and hands for 3135

Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks, so I will go with ARF B4 insert for now and maybe upgrade to gen if I found one for a good price later.

Checking with TD if can get BP dial and hands for 3135

Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

You might not want the hands, well the hour hand anyway. For whatever reason it's a fat boy. I just got a skinny minnie for mine, have to put it in yet. The other hands are good,

You could ask for BP LN and LV 3135 hands - that way you get perfect lume match.

16535045611240.jpg

16382809707250.jpg

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
You might not want the hands, well the hour hand anyway. For whatever reason it's a fat boy. I just got a skinny minnie for mine, have to put it in yet. The other hands are good,

You could ask for BP LN and LV 3135 hands - that way you get perfect lume match.

16535045611240.jpg

16382809707250.jpg

Thanks a lot. Not sure if I'm following. My plan was to get both 16610LV dial + hands for 3135 from BP. To match the lume (I believe it is green, not blue).

I believe LV and LN have different hands so I can't use LN hands on LV watch (LV hands are fat while LN hand are slim).
Am I right?

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
vcelkama The LV introduced the so-called "Jumbo" hands and dial which are more like the 6-digit Subs'. But the issue with the BP hour hand is that it's a shorter and a lot fatter than gen, which remained very similar dimensions (if not the same) as the LN's. And so the only solution to that problem is to get a JF or ARF hour hand - but then you'd face the problem of potentially mis-matched lume.

You can take a look at a Kermit hands comparison in my post here, and see how the BP compares to the others:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...mit-collection

Edit: And duh yeah - as KJ went on to suggest (and you've already gone ahead and ordered) - get the BP LN hand set as well as LV and you'll get a matching set to work with! Don't know why I didn't just say that lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
vcelkama The LV introduced the so-called "Jumbo" hands and dial which are more like the 6-digit Subs'. But the issue with the BP hour hand is that it's a shorter and a lot fatter than gen, which remained very similar dimensions (if not the same) as the LN's. And so the only solution to that problem is to get a JF or ARF hour hand - but then you'd face the problem of potentially mis-matched lume.

You can take a look at a Kermit hands comparison in my post here, and see how the BP compares to the others:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...fistful-of-5-digit-frogs-my-kermit-collection

ok, got it. Just ordered both LV and LN hands for 3135 from BP so let's see when they arrive. You suggest to use second and minute hand from LV and hours hand from LN, right?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks a lot. Not sure if I'm following. My plan was to get both 16610LV dial + hands for 3135 from BP. To match the lume (I believe it is green, not blue).

I believe LV and LN have different hands so I can't use LN hands on LV watch (LV hands are fat while LN hand are slim).
Am I right?

Gen LN and LV hands are the same except for the minute hand. BP LV hour hand is wrong so you need both sets to make one correct set with matching green lume. Mixing different factory hands usually results in off color lume, most offensively in the daytime color. Use either BP second hand, LN hour hand and LV minute hand.

Both actual gens
zWhk5D.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: p0pperini

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It looks like it is not off that much. You should carefully measure the rehaut opening or even make a round template (plastic, cardboard, etc) that fits perfectly in the opening. Then place the template on the dial and see if there is room to shave the dial without eating into the minute tics. Also with the template in the case and the crystal off you can scribe an arc with a very fine tip marker that denotes the rehaut opening. Once you know that measurement you can assess whether or not the minute tics would be truncated, i.e., obscured by the rehaut.

If all that looks good, it's time to shave. You can DIY it without a lathe by using a dremel.

DIY Dial Shaving

If there is only a little bit to take off you can do it by hand, the same way an insert outer diameter is shaved. Tape a piece of 400 grit sandpaper flat on a bench. Wear a latex glove, hold the dial on an angle so as to contact the backside first. Hold the dial by its edge near some markers so if your finger contacts the face it will touch a marker and not the dial. Swipe roll the dial toward you on the sandpaper, 3 - 4 swipes, then regrip and do the next overlapping arc. Use a dust blower frequently to keep sanded particles off the dial face. Measure often. Keep it even all the way around. Finish with a higher grit 800 or 1000 if desired.

Just did this recently on a couple dials. Easy peazy

zqaA9S.jpg

zqa2hW.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Update: the BP LV second hand is actually wrong also, it has a maxi lume plot. These two hands are still wrong on the newer VR3135 LV versions.

Stock SA3135 - Note the wrong maxi hour and second hands, CGs longer than 2824 version
16514313469360.jpg

Modded SA3135 - Hour and second hands corrected with BP SA3135 LN hands
16761687973840.jpg
S

Reactions: Yellowsubmarine