• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has your Pride and Joy ever been questioned...... or have you ever been called out for wearing a rep?

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Go Big Adhir Kalyan GIF by CBS

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
So you know a BILLIONAIRE who drives a $5,000 Golf while wearing a $200,000 watch?

That makes perfect sense to me. Clearly, I was wrong. I only know that Bill Gates drives the most expensive cars, even promoted legislation in order to drive his Porsche 959 on public roads, while mostly wearing Casio watches retailing for 2 to 3 figures.

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
So you know a BILLIONAIRE who drives a $5,000 Golf while wearing a $200,000 watch?

That makes perfect sense to me. Clearly, I was wrong. I only know that Bill Gates drives the most expensive cars, even promoted legislation in order to drive his Porsche 959 on public roads, while mostly wearing Casio watches retailing for 2 to 3 figures.
Animated GIF

Sorry I’m a little confused, what was the question again…..

• Haha
Reactions: Storm.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

A Lange & Söhne Odysseus most of the time yes.

AJB

Known Member
30/12/20
Northern Ireland
I tend not to wear anything out of my reach so that it’s never really questioned, my daily rep is a VSF SMP300M and I’m looking at the possibility of getting a Speedy or Tudor Pelagos.

I do also have an AP Royal Oak rep but I never wear it, I feel a bit silly wearing it as it’s a £25k+ watch gen.

CentralCal

Brig Survivor, October 2023, Never Forget ✊
Gold Patron
Certified
4/6/13
Several years ago I had a decent looking B&R BR-02 which I put on an inexpensive nato strap after the rep strap broke. I wore it regularly and was always complimented on it, probably more so than any other rep I've owned.

Well I wore it on an Alaskan cruise once and as the wife and I were going into and out of shops in Jeanau Alaska we found ourselves in a jewelry store. As we looked around I noticed a "Bell & Ross Authorized Dealer" sign on the counter. No sooner I saw the sign did a sales rep approach me, compliment me on the watch, and question me about the Nato strap. I did the whole "oh I saw this strap in a shop and thought it complimented the watch blah blah blah" stuff, but he had a look in his eye like he knew it was a Rep but didn't want to call me out.

It's the only time I've ever felt (kinda) called out.

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
After owning a one of a kind custom clone daytona, I've been called out once and it was from a second hand dealer in Miami. However the man only said "You should have used a Genuine bezel instead of aftermarket." He commended me on the work done to the watch and didn't notice anything off except that one part. He asked, "The movement is real right? It feels right, just that the bezel was off."

The AD's don't notice anything iIve been invited everything from patek dealers to richard mille dealers. I have met many people because of the watch and it's absolutely mind blowing. My whole collection will only be one of a kind custom pieces designed by me. I feel it's the only real way to properly use these clones. And it gives them a huge story behind the watch making it priceless to me. Something I'd never be able to feel when owning a Genuine watch.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
After owning a one of a kind custom clone daytona, I've been called out once and it was from a second hand dealer in Miami. However the man only said "You should have used a Genuine bezel instead of aftermarket." He commended me on the work done to the watch and didn't notice anything off except that one part. He asked, "The movement is real right? It feels right, just that the bezel was off."

The AD's don't notice anything iIve been invited everything from patek dealers to richard mille dealers. I have met many people because of the watch and it's absolutely mind blowing. My whole collection will only be one of a kind custom pieces designed by me. I feel it's the only real way to properly use these clones. And it gives them a huge story behind the watch making it priceless to me. Something I'd never be able to feel when owning a Genuine watch.
Resuscitate Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment