• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has your Pride and Joy ever been questioned...... or have you ever been called out for wearing a rep?

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU
You say "nanny" like it's a bad thing.
Addendum: The Queen is dead. God Save The King.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
You say "nanny" like it's a bad thing.
Addendum: The Queen is dead. God Save The King.
Crazy to think she’s passed on…..feels weird…..

Reactions: Markangel

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
If Keith Richards dies now, the world will end.
It truly will.
You guys literally broke the news to me, my son just fell asleep, now I'm free to relax, and this; another era ending...
Back to topic, I'm not long in the game, so have never been called out so far. On the other side, I spotted at least 2 this summer in Italy. Not so much from build quality, but from the wearers. The most blatant was a 20ish guy with his girlfriend out for an ice cream with a scooter. He wore a full gold Daytona. When he saw I was throwing glances at the watch he quickly took it off and hid it in his pocket. Maybe I have prejudices, but I tend to go for the knockoff theory.
When you think bad you sin, but mostly you're going to be right.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
He wore a full gold Daytona. When he saw I was throwing glances at the watch he quickly took it off and hid it in his pocket. Maybe I have prejudices, but I tend to go for the knockoff theory.
Nope, you sure looked like a thief to him. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: GDorantes13

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU
It truly will.
You guys literally broke the news to me, my son just fell asleep, now I'm free to relax, and this; another era ending...
Back to topic, I'm not long in the game, so have never been called out so far. On the other side, I spotted at least 2 this summer in Italy. Not so much from build quality, but from the wearers. The most blatant was a 20ish guy with his girlfriend out for an ice cream with a scooter. He wore a full gold Daytona. When he saw I was throwing glances at the watch he quickly took it off and hid it in his pocket. Maybe I have prejudices, but I tend to go for the knockoff theory.
When you think bad you sin, but mostly you're going to be right.
He probably thought you were going to steal it 😎

Reactions: JayBee0815

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Season 2 Insult GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Moi?
how dare you snl GIF

Impossible. I was flashing my explorer myself.
Exactly, he saw you looking at his Daytona and thought you were looking to upgrade 😝
Baby Stealing GIF

Reactions: GDorantes13

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
This has sort of diverted from the original intent of the thread ...

I have never faced such a situation because I dont wear reps. Sometimes if I do, I am conscious of any interaction with anybody who knows what a watch is. If I expect such interaction, I just remove watch and keep it in my pocket.

Reactions: MattSP and Ah0rsey

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Don't be lining up at the unemployment queue or the local food kitchen charity handout queue with your RM56 Transparent Tourbillon and I reckon you'll be safe. Just sayin.....

Reactions: Hesekiel

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
There are very very few people out there that would know by sight the variety of differences between the correct hand stack on a GMT or the depth of a crystal on a Daytona or even the correct colour of a dial on a Datejust / AP / IWC / PP.

BUT these people do exist folks beware😎😎!!!!! Usually they are on here repping themselves :ROFLMAO: but to be this attentive to the facts around a watch that is more than likely less than 42mm across someones wrist and from a distance.....it takes a lot of time to dedicate to this precision and few people do.

SO.......HAS ANYONE EVER PULLED YOU UP AND QUESTIONED YOUR PRIDE AND JOY! Mrs Ah0rsey does this all the time but for other reasons btw!!
It happened once to me. I dropped to one knee and I administered the appropriate nut punch. Never happened again. If you wear reps you are living on the edge. Go down fighting.