• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has your Pride and Joy ever been questioned...... or have you ever been called out for wearing a rep?

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Close….used to be a London boy 😂
"Oy ye wan' invoite me n me gal fa a drenk a two?"

CL5435jWoAAFgPQ

MeasurementCraft

Known Member
30/6/22
No no one has ever asked. You catch them staring sometimes but I don’t think it is them wondering whether it is a fake or not, just trying to check out the watch, which is what I do to others anyway. Always interested to see what others are wearing as most people are boring and wear smart watches these days.

Reactions: GDorantes13

whitegold

Known Member
25/7/13
Someone I know was so impressed with my BK SD43, he wanted to swap his gen Kermit. I had to really convince him mine was only a rep! (Offcourse I didn't do it even though I wanted to)

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Someone I know was so impressed with my BK SD43, he wanted to swap his gen Kermit. I had to really convince him mine was only a rep! (Offcourse I didn't do it even though I wanted to)
you sure his Kermit was real!!!! keep your friends close but your enemies closer !!!! ;)

Reactions: GDorantes13

Physiopete

Supporter
Certified
5/7/16
I’ve always been worried about this, so even though I like a Richard Mille rep or a rose gold Daytona. I wouldn’t buy one as these would obviously outside my price bracket so I tend to wear reps I “could” afford as a result. I have a Tudor Pelagos that I wear most. I do have an AP carbon diver that would be pushing the price bracket but tend to wear this abroad where no one knows me

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Never wear a watch you theoretically couldn't afford to buy as a GEN, is my advise. If you're an average chap like me, I could, theoretically, afford a $20K watch, but I could not afford a $200K watch. So don't wear that diamond-crusted Patek if you are driving a $5K car . . .

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

and forget the rest…..
Forget Will Smith GIF

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
It happened to me with my Ferrari VSF v4 with asian clone engine, the red color was not convincing

Reactions: MattSP

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Never wear a watch you theoretically couldn't afford to buy as a GEN, is my advise. If you're an average chap like me, I could, theoretically, afford a $20K watch, but I could not afford a $200K watch. So don't wear that diamond-crusted Patek if you are driving a $5K car . . .
That's not technically true, i know a billionaire who lives part time in s Penthouse in Frankfurt and rest of the time at lake Geneva. drives a golf. Doesn't give a shit.

And i know a guy who lives in 2 room apartment who drives a Benz AMG and only works for his car and appearances.

So this doesn't mean anything bro.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
That's not technically true, i know a billionaire who lives part time in s Penthouse in Frankfurt and rest of the time at lake Geneva. drives a golf. Doesn't give a shit.

And i know a guy who lives in 2 room apartment who drives a Benz AMG and only works for his car and appearances.

So this doesn't mean anything bro.
I go around in havaianas, shorts and a T-shirt most of the time, I agree with you a….
One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

Reactions: Ah0rsey