• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Maybe just needs to be oiled or lightly sanded to be smooth ? Nobody complained about the root beer bracelet from gmf or bp, so curious if it’s just the jubilee that they can’t get right?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Maybe just needs to be oiled or lightly sanded to be smooth ? Nobody complained about the root beer bracelet from gmf or bp, so curious if it’s just the jubilee that they can’t get right?

BP/GMF oysters are OK. I've had 2 BP president bracelets that both had totally unacceptable sharpness issues on the inner link edges.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...639097-are-all-factories-bracelets-this-rough

Those edges cannot be sanded, practically speaking because there are too many of them and they are in too tight of a space. I did spend about 5 hours with felt discs on a dremel to soften up the sharp edges on one of the bracelets. Very tedious. The other bracelet I simply replaced with an ARF.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Well, I haven't touched a gen gmt nor a gen jubilee bracelet. The edges of the bracelet are pretty sharp; when I run my finger across the band and kind of pick up the inside edges of the outer links and the edges of the middle links I feel sharpness as well. The case doesn't have sharp edges. But again, I'm probably not a good judge given I haven't touched genuines.

It is unbearable to wear it for a long time?
do you sell discomfort wearing that Batman because of the jubilee bracelet?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Mine was not uncomfortable where it touched the wrist. It was only a factor when the bracelet was touched with the opposite hand (when adjusting its position for example), or when accidentally brushing the bracelet up against your opposite hand, arm, or a leg. OUCH! It was BIG DEAL, and absolutely required a remedy. And of course the felt disc smoothing polished the outer links which then had to be re-brushed. Thanks BP! Hours of my life down the tubes.

Before smoothing

President-bracelet.jpg

After smoothing

15296028795941.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Mine was not uncomfortable where it touched the wrist. It was only a factor when the bracelet was touched with the opposite hand (when adjusting its position for example), or when accidentally brushing the bracelet up against your opposite hand, arm, or a leg. OUCH! It was BIG DEAL, and absolutely required a remedy. And of course the felt disc smoothing polished the outer links which then had to be re-brushed. Thanks BP! Hours of my life down the tubes.

Before smoothing

President-bracelet.jpg

After smoothing

15296028795941.jpg

How did you do it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Every link edge got 5-7 minutes of high speed buffing with jeweler's rouge. There are 6 edges on every link. 4 of them were rough cut, sharp and unfinished. A jubilee is even worse, every link would have 10 edges. It takes a lot of time and pressure for felt to impact sharp steel, lol.

15561585850900.jpg

Last edited:

Daddydrunk

Horology Curious
6/3/19
Received mine yesterday. Looks very good and the bracelet is smooth ish.

Will post pictures soon.

Last edited:

71bucks

18/5/10

Same as was said by another poster: it isn't uncomfortable on my wrist at all; it's when you run the off-hand over it you can feel the sharp edges on the outer side of the bracelet.

stofftier

25/12/12
how tight is the bezel movement guys? I had one of the noob gmt batmans and the bezel was very loose.

stofftier

25/12/12
maybe some of you gmf owners can do a small videoclip on how the bezel works :) this would be awesome guys!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Received mine yesterday. Looks very good and the bracelet is smooth ish.

Will post pictures soon.

Good to hear. So the jubilee is not to bad? I’m wondering, perhaps they refined it slightly.
please post many pics.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia

Before smoothing

President-bracelet.jpg

After smoothing

15296028795941.jpg

That looks soo much better

Reactions: KJ2020

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Just just placed order for gmf Batman.
I’m wondering how much my local jeweler would take for smoothing those edges.
if it’s something I could deal with I will leave it as it is.

Applegang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/4/19
Got my QC pics last night - I will post them when I’m at my computer. 18.4 s/d should be rejected, right?

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Got my QC pics last night - I will post them when I’m at my computer. 18.4 s/d should be rejected, right?

You can ask them to regulate it to improve that. Certainly puretime have happily and quickly done this for me a couple of times. But yes, I personally wouldn't accept 18.4.

71bucks

18/5/10
As an owner of this watch it is encouraging that some of you have decided to go ahead and order it after pictures have been posted; I probably couldn't tell a crappy rep from a good one myself.

71bucks

18/5/10
I would accept 18 seconds per day: I think ETA 2824's (genuine ones) are specified to be between 12 and 30 seconds per day.

I think I wish I had the non-Jubilee bracelet...reason I didn't get it was because that shiny centerlink looks like a magnet for fingerprints and swirly scratches, but the bracelet just looks right on the batman.