• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Johnny Depp

Ragazzi, non ho tempo di leggere fino a 6 pagine di questo momento, quindi scusatemi se mi manca un fatto pertinente e se lo faccio, fatemelo sapere. @ Antonio Algerino (aka JohnnyDep) Non esiste una dogana tra IT e Regno Unito. Sappiamo entrambi che risolvi questo problema e risolvilo ora! L'unica cosa che ho avuto da te è la richiesta di correggere il tuo account principale e questo non sta succedendo presto, fidati di me. Questo si sta rapidamente avvicinando al punto in cui finisci nel brigantino e iniziamo ad affrontare il nostro modo, sai cosa significa, sai cosa possiamo fare e se non possiamo farlo, sono certo che anonsix lo farà! Davvero, davvero non ho tempo per questa merda adesso, quindi non accetterò cazzate o ritardi.Non sono sicuro di cosa sia successo qui, ma spetta a te risolverlo, quindi aggiustalo, altrimenti. . . Alles Klar?From google translation

I actually meant into real Italian not googleese :p

Reactions: Maron and Herc

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Oh boy...according to JD's post, parcel's not insured :sad:

pippo

10/1/10
It's written "Liability is up to the value of the goods". Value is country specific.
Now we only need to know the value for UK and if sender followed the guidelines in order to be eligible for a refund. As far as I know they ask a receipt only when the parcel is lost and you start a claim or investigation, not when you ship the items.
It's true you need to declare content and value upfront.

But procedures may vary from company to company.

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
It's written "Liability is up to the value of the goods". Value is country specific.
Now we only need to know the value for UK and if sender followed the guidelines in order to be eligible for a refund. As far as I know they ask a receipt only when the parcel is lost and you start a claim or investigation, not when you ship the items.
It's true you need to declare content and value upfront.

But procedures may vary from company to company.
In the latest version of Jd’s story he said that they refused to pay out because he did not declare value upfront. So that would suggest he has already made a claim and had it rejected.

But then the story changes every time he tells it so who knows?

Last edited:

pippo

10/1/10
In the latest version of Jd’s story he said that they refused to pay out because he did not declare value upfront. So that would suggest he has already made a claim and had it rejected.

But then the story changes every time he tells it so who knows?

Hopefully it's just the language barrier :cry:

2fake4u

20/9/16
Safe to say this was not "sent per gen"?

This is eerily similar to the age old scams of Postal Fraud where the shipper sends something, not of value, and messes up something minor in the recipients address and does not include a return address. Package is insured and package is typically sent express so that it can be claimed swiftly before anyone figures it out. Shipper provides receipts for the item to the courier, receives insurance money, and walks away.

This is weird though cause it isnt usually done with someone else's items, but no one ever said all scammers are smart.

What you can do OP, is call up GLS pretending to be the shipper, and see how far that gets you. They may figure out you arent JD, but they may give you an indication if insurance has been paid or wtf is going on.

fil.

22/4/16
hi guys ! I just want to say I deal with antonio for years and with only positive feedbacks. Ok, his english is not the best you can get, but he is an honest person, and I'm very sorry to read about someone who thinks he didn't serviced a movement or didn't put a gen crystal as stated because this is simply false. Mate, you can say you didn't like his brushing work or things like that but you can't doubt his word. I don't know why people are so bad in these situations. I'm very sorry for the mate who lost his franken but trust me Antonio didn't commit dishonest acts. What I want to say to members is to make sure your package is ensured when is valuable, especially when it comes from another country (don't care EU non EU ), but I think It must be explicitly requested by the recipient. hope you can solve this problem

Reactions: federik91

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
hi guys ! I just want to say I deal with antonio for years and with only positive feedbacks. Ok, his english is not the best you can get, but he is an honest person, and I'm very sorry to read about someone who thinks he didn't serviced a movement or didn't put a gen crystal as stated because this is simply false. Mate, you can say you didn't like his brushing work or things like that but you can't doubt his word. I don't know why people are so bad in these situations. I'm very sorry for the mate who lost his franken but trust me Antonio didn't commit dishonest acts. What I want to say to members is to make sure your package is ensured when is valuable, especially when it comes from another country (don't care EU non EU ), but I think It must be explicitly requested by the recipient. hope you can solve this problem

:lmao:

i think we’re well past this, there’s a distinct smell of a scam in the air.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I don't enjoy reading the scam talk. No need to discredit JD so soon. He's backed into a corner here for his poor judgement call and dealing with postal services via phone etc can be a long slow process. Everything will work out in time :)

I'm sure it's only a language barrier, and I don't see any story changing.
Sounds like JD sent the item without insurance.
The parcel got lost.
He should have blooming well just known to send a parcel insured in my personal opinion.
It's someone else's possession. He knows it high value.
I believe he is responsible for reimbursing the owner for making a poor judgement on sending the item like he did.
What on earth did he expect to happen if it got lost ?!?

Choosing not to ensure its insured it is a really unfortunate error & its too irresponsible.
He mentions needing invoice on sending but - You surely *don't* need invoice papers to send something from his country to UK as he says though. in my experience, on sending a parcel insured, a person must only mention what is contained and a rough estimate of the value for IF there comes a time that the item gets lost and further detail and invoices may be needed then.
So I must be misunderstanding him.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

2fake4u

20/9/16

um, Antonio was supposed to send insured per the emails and what he billed the customer for...

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
I'm sure it's only a language barrier, and I don't see any story changing.

He told OP the parcel had been seized by customs, that they had opened it upnand seen a Rolex watch. He told him that he needed a receipt for something expensive.

Then he got his friend to show some photos of the item 'blocked in customs' which showed nothing of the sort

His last update dropped the customs nonsense and said that GLS refused to pay out because the parcel.value was not declared on sending.

That sounds like a change to me.

Reactions: cdzsmith

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Metalmickey I forgot about those details or hadn't seen photos of it 'seized'. Ah, I'll go back and read & then not comment further.

And I'm not a friend either, I just know that he's a guy backed into a corner and separated by language barrier .. This will take some time.
I feel very sorry for the watches owner and don't have sympathy for Depp if he didn't send insured for a reasonably high sum.

fil.

22/4/16
i'm not a personal friend of him, mate. I'm just a member who has lots of works done by him and In my case everything went always clear. so don't be ironic because you are are not doing the good of the forum Regards

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
- argh, I hope this gets resolved soon. I'm sorry y'all gotta deal with this. :(

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
To me this is a very simple situation, the customer paid for insurance. If JD chooses not to purchase insurance, then he's what we call self insured, which means he's taking on the liability and risk should the package be lost or damaged. The owner of the piece should be compensated once the package is definitely determined to be lost and JD can deal with it between the shippers insurance, etc. I hope JD takes responsibility and makes this right, even if it means a loss for himself. my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.