• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodl

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/6/16
Austria
Guys, if 1.5k in parts or watch goes missing and it has been sent insured then you can claim it, period. Fact is that postal companies do fuck up. I have had only good experiences with JD and sad to see that on the first week of opening on RWI the first witch hunt has already started. I just don´t understand why people deliberately seek to destroy someone instead of helping each other out and trying to let JD and the OP resolve this matter. If you have ever tried to recover a lost parcel (and I have been on the sending and receiving end) you would know it is a nightmare to get someone to help you. You go through a painstaking bureaucratic process and trust me in Italy it is even worse. So not JD´s faults but he as a sender can fix this if parcel was shipped insured, will take lots of effort though.

Just so you understand how bad GLS are (and not saying the rest is any better):

[video]https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gls-group.de[/video]
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon....one-else/89312

I fully understand your point of view, especially as you have good experiences with JD.
But there are also others that have not so positive experiences with him.
It was exactly a witch hunt that I was afraid of as a new member and therefore I had not posted my story with JD in 2016.
I‘ve done the process of recovering a lost parcel and you are totally right it’s a nightmare. But this is a nightmare JD has to go trough in this case.
And I don’t think this is a witch hunt.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Herc
Mate, did you agree with JD for a insured shipment from Italy to UK?

Unfortunately it's true, dealing with couriers is a true nightmare when something goes sideways. and it's also mandatory to do a proper due diligence upfront, reading carefully T&C of the delivering company.

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Herc

Unfortunately it's true, dealing with couriers is a true nightmare when something goes sideways. and it's also mandatory to do a proper due diligence upfront, reading carefully T&C of the delivering company.

It’s okay. If something goes wrong you can make up a story and tell the recipient it has been held by customs...

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
See post 55. He’s changed his story now. Now he says he sent receipts but they would not pay out because he under declared the value when he posted it.

Tu hai qualche problema amico
quando hai finito di dire cazzate avvisami, che ti do il premio
come miglior racconta storie di cazzate allucinanti

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
I fully understand your point of view, especially as you have good experiences with JD.
But there are also others that have not so positive experiences with him.
It was exactly a witch hunt that I was afraid of as a new member and therefore I had not posted my story with JD in 2016.
I‘ve done the process of recovering a lost parcel and you are totally right it’s a nightmare. But this is a nightmare JD has to go trough in this case.
And I don’t think this is a witch hunt.

Che tu hai avuto una esperienza negativa, o che non ti è piaciuto il mio lavoro, lo posso capire! Ed accetto le tue lamentele. Ma che io non ti abbia messo un cristallo GEN. Non esiste...compro solo pezzi GEN specialmente crystals blisterati....non dire più queste cavolate, ed assicurati che il tuo modder ti abbia detto la verità

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Herc

Yes see attached screenshot of my email to Johnny.120eur for service and 60eur for express insured delivery

Attachments

• photo28905.jpg
    photo28905.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Nivka

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Johnny Depp, with no disrespect, please did you do the polite curtesy of sending this person's possessions insured, or not bother?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

zodl

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/6/16
Austria
What happened with customers is not johnny’s problem. Johnny does his works like a professional watchmaker / modder. After he close the package and give to DHL/gls (or another choosed ) what happened in the travel ISN’T HIS PROBLEM!
i understand
2k of franken is blocked to the customers, BUT IT’s YOUR PROBLEM, DEAR FRANKEN’S OWNER!!!!
thats the reason because i do 400km for have my watches in my hand, directly Frankened by johnny!!

Johnny Depp

i can spent only Gently and positive words on johnny’s reputation / feedback.

a watch maker, a modder, a Friend Who talks about life.
I don’t know whats yours problems with him.
But i can t believe to the hulk with fake Crystal and not serviced. Where’s the proof? Why you didn’t say nothing at the right time ?
i can’t and don’t believe you.

johnny hasn’t time for answer to yours bullshits but he can’t ignore all your balls
REMEMBER. YOU ARE DESTROYING MODDER’s REPUTATION WITHOUT A TRUE REASON!

I can understand your point of view. And it’s your right not believing me.
But I‘ve said that I was afraid of a shitstorm from the long time users which had positive experiences wit JD as a new user. And don’t tell me that such shitstorms don’t happen.
So forget my case - as I can’t proof it, the reasons why I can’t proof it I have described in my answer post to JD above.
But I am not the only one who had problems with JD - as you are definitely not the only one who praises his work.
There are always two sides of one coin.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oi vey . . . :frusty:

Guys I don't have time to read thru 6 pages of this right now so excuse me if I miss a pertinent fact and If I have please let me know. @Antonio Algerino (aka JohnnyDep) There is no customs between IT and the UK. We both know that so fix this mess and fix it now! The only coms I have had from you is request to fix your main account and that isn't happening anytime soon, trust me. This is rapidly approaching the point where you end up in the brig and we begin to deal with this our way, you know what that means, you know what we can do and if we can't I;m sure anonsix will! I really, really don't have time for this shit right now so I'm not going to accept any bullshit or delaying.

I'm not sure what has happened here but it's up to you to fix it so get fixing, or else . . . Alles Klar?

PS: someone translate this into Italian for me please so there is no chance of a misunderstanding about the urgency of a resolution here.

Reactions: Herc

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
zodl If you have *someone else's* possession, you know *as a modder, service provider, with a duty of care to your paying customer* to politely send it with a high insurance value, or you owe the 'customer' it's value in cash.
This isn't like a m2m, 'I wash my hands of it once sent' if seized, situation.
If he didn't insure it, he owes the sum for his lack of care

Reactions: Nivka and cdzsmith

zodl

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/6/16
Austria
This is an English speaking forum. English is also not my mother tongue. But to answer in Italian is not respectful - regardless of the language barrier.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
And if JD did insure it, as of course he should have, then wonderful and this is just a sorry waiting game for the involved.
Surely, hey?

Reactions: Herc

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom

Guys I don't have time to read thru 6 pages of this right now so excuse me if I miss a pertinent fact and If I have please let me know. @Antonio Algerino (aka JohnnyDep) There is no customs between IT and the UK. We both know that so fix this mess and fix it now! The only coms I have had from you is request to fix your main account and that isn't happening anytime soon, trust me. This is rapidly approaching the point where you end up in the brig and we begin to deal with this our way, you know what that means, you know what we can do and if we can't I;m sure anonsix will! I really, really don't have time for this shit right now so I'm not going to accept any bullshit or delaying.

I'm not sure what has happened here but it's up to you to fix it so get fixing, or else . . . Alles Klar?

PS: someone translate this into Italian for me please so there is no chance of a misunderstanding about the urgency of a resolution here.

Johnny Depp

Ragazzi, non ho tempo di leggere fino a 6 pagine di questo momento, quindi scusatemi se mi manca un fatto pertinente e se lo faccio, fatemelo sapere. @ Antonio Algerino (aka JohnnyDep) Non esiste una dogana tra IT e Regno Unito. Sappiamo entrambi che risolvi questo problema e risolvilo ora! L'unica cosa che ho avuto da te è la richiesta di correggere il tuo account principale e questo non sta succedendo presto, fidati di me. Questo si sta rapidamente avvicinando al punto in cui finisci nel brigantino e iniziamo ad affrontare il nostro modo, sai cosa significa, sai cosa possiamo fare e se non possiamo farlo, sono certo che anonsix lo farà! Davvero, davvero non ho tempo per questa merda adesso, quindi non accetterò cazzate o ritardi.Non sono sicuro di cosa sia successo qui, ma spetta a te risolverlo, quindi aggiustalo, altrimenti. . . Alles Klar?From google translation

Last edited:
Reactions: trailboss99

zodl

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/6/16
Austria
zodl If you have *someone else's* possession, you know *as a modder, service provider, with a duty of care to your paying customer* to politely send it with a high insurance value, or you owe the 'customer' it's value in cash.
This isn't like a m2m, 'I wash my hands of it once sent' if seized, situation.
If he didn't insure it, he owes the sum for his lack of care

Sorry, could it be that you misinterpreted my posts?
As far as I understand your post, we have exactly the same opinion about the higher responsibility for a modder in sending watches.

Reactions: cdzsmith

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY

sure sir! I managed to recover my password in the afternoon. I had access problems. on the problem of the shipment I am solving, the problem is that nin wants to listen to me. and they're stuck on non-existent things. I'm sorry for answering in Italian, I can not express myself well with English

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Sorry, could it be that you misinterpreted my posts?
As far as I understand your post, we have exactly the same opinion about the higher responsibility for a modder in sending watches.

Youre right :) I'd totally misunderstood, I realised just after I hit the send button. I think your post was great & clear, man. Sorry for little mix up! :)

Sent from the RWI App

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Johnny Depp, with no disrespect, please did you do the polite curtesy of sending this person's possessions insured, or not bother?

I was not asked for insurance. to secure a parcel you must have invoices.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
sure sir! I managed to recover my password in the afternoon. I had access problems. on the problem of the shipment I am solving, the problem is that nin wants to listen to me. and they're stuck on non-existent things. I'm sorry for answering in Italian, I can not express myself well with English

Well fix it because the customs bit is bullshit! No sale until this is worked out, then we will decide what to do from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.