• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
So many logical flaws in your arguments, and frankly they conflict each other.

and yet you followed up with

A gen 116610 crystal set (with proper fitting gaskets and all that) would cost around $400 plus which is about the same price of an entire VSF.

So that puts the entire VSF a tad bit under $1000. (this is not to mention the fakeness of its hands, ceramic inserts, the normal crown stem length issue and dirty movement issue that needs fixing right out the the box

You just described an old replica with a SA3135 movement lol... When is the last time you brushed up on your reps? Also sub007 has sold crystals for 275 here on Rwi...I can put gen crystal and hands (just to make you happy) on a VSF with enough left over to buy your happy meal from McDonald's with a toy of choice and still be cheaper than ginault.

Now I got a watch that replicates a 17k Rolex and serves its purpose.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Hahahahah man, most industry insiders know M Seike and their Vertex machines. The fact that you have to google it just shows how puny your knowledge is about this industry.

That Taiwan company with the same Vertex name doesn't even produce CNC machines.

What's even more sad is that not only you got the wrong company who really produced the CNC machines Ginault uses, you spoke about your wrong information like matter of fact.

So this brings me to the next question, if you have not even heard of the machine, how did you even come up with the statement it's a cheaply made machine? How did you even come up with the conclusion about the machine's precision and durability?

I know, how....you just started making shit up......it's so clear that your whole goal is to smear Ginault and their top production quality. Ax to grind much?

It's so sad there are people like you for whatever reason are against Ginault and are tirelessly making shit up to smear the good company's name.

Lmao man no "insiders" would say M then seike because the word seike is used on most Japanese brands lmao.... what would that describe??? You have never worked with CNC. Vertex pops up as cheap CNC machining from Taiwan with no power to do the simplest jobs.

​​​​​​Keep your machine lingo and insiders to Reddit.

BTW while you are looking through Reddit for some info on "M Seike" JOG and MIDI are not stock tickers.... Might help your journey be easier.

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Oh well, seems like I can't even go to bed lol.

Last reply, i swear.

And TC has stated again and again, he was doing it as a hobby, a place to hone his skills, a place to express his love for the game, passion for the classic 5-digit Sub and most important of all wasn't making a profit building those for the members. So he was basically selling those at cost.

Do you have any proof for this? Is it just speculation, or the result of some kind of fanboy wet dream?

So many logical flaws in your arguments, and frankly they conflict each other.

They don't, it's just that you don't understand them because you read them out of context. You are the one who in the end is cherry picking my points. The 2 things you quoted are not in conflict with each other, one is about Ginault being 2 times the price of the average NWBIG rep (and i was wrong, it's actually 3 times as much), and the other is about how a rep, if fitted with a gen part, will reach the top of the quality scale for that specific part, since the gen part represents the top quality level for that part of that watch. You can't make a rep better than its genuine counterpart.
It's pretty easy to understand, i'm surprised you don't... Actually, i'm not that surprised.

A gen 116610 crystal set (with proper fitting gaskets and all that) would cost around $400 plus which is about the same price of an entire VSF. Plus the modding fee which is another $150-$200 depending on who you use.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...riner-crystals

So that puts the entire VSF a tad bit under $1000. (this is not to mention the fakeness of its hands, ceramic inserts, the normal crown stem length issue and dirty movement issue that needs fixing right out the the box)

1) I find pretty pointless arguing about the volatile price of gen parts, but since you named it you can easily find gen blistered crystals with all the gaskets for less that that here in the forum, keep your eyes open, they get posted for sale once in a while. Also, you don't even need to get them blistered, so you can save some money.

2) idk about what VSF you are referring to, but if we go back and use the RXF that i used as an example before it would be 388$

3) who the hell is your modder? 200$ for mounting a crystal? LOL it's a 10 minutes job. Don't get ripped off.

4) we are now at roughly 888, since you like playing with numbers. Just a bit more than a new TC, right? lol

5) nothing needs fixing out of the box unless it's broken or you want to change it, so that's just false. Wtf is that about the stem lol? You are describing a top rep as a piece of crap that needs fixing ootb, even if it's been praised all around the forum as the best rep OOTB in the last years

So my confusion is howcome on one end, you are saying Ginault's quality is definately not double compared to VSF, but on the other hand you acknowledge that having gen parts on there is absolutely worth it while that one gen part alone cost almost as much as the VSF Sub itself?

I suggest you reread what i wrote, it's pretty easy to understand. Those were two different POVs that you could apply to a rep, not a Homage, since a homage is already at its "maximum" level, you don't need to change any of its part in order to improve its quality.

Gen-ness aside, is that gen crystal double or tripple the quality than what is used on the VSF?

What do you mean "gen-ness aside"? the whole point of modding a rep with gen parts is in order to improve their quality, it's not a matter of "how much more quality" you get by modding, since as soon as you put a gen part you reach the top of the curve, you already reached the maximum quality you could achieve with that part.
If a gen part is double, triple, quadruple the quality of a rep part is arguable, i can't be sure about it, could be double, could also be subjective if perceived as such, or could not. What I can be sure is that as soon as you put that gen part in there, it will NOT be distinguishable from gen, since it will be gen, and therefore, for a marginal expense, you will get something that is not possible to tell from gen during daily irl use.

That's it for tonight, readying too much fanboying makes my stomach hurt, I don't really think this is worth my time. I'm pretty sure that sleeping is worth double than trying to beat a dead horse ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yogibear

sneaky305

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
16/7/20
crazy florida
Man so much fighting here, if you don't agree with price don't buy it. If you believe nobody should buy it at all because its not the same value as a fake watch then that is your opinion. To each their own but dang yall sound as petty as Donald trump twitter comments.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

exia78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/14
Lmao man no "insiders" would say M then seike because the word seike is used on most Japanese brands lmao

You are just as ignorant as you presented yourself. There are many other Mitsui, there is M plastic, M chemical, M Fudosan just to name a few. For someone who doesn't even know who made the machine and mistakened it for some 3rd party TW company to now speaking about how insiders call the brand is just funny.

.... what would that describe??? You have never worked with CNC. Vertex pops up as cheap CNC machining from Taiwan with no power to do the simplest jobs.

This simply described that you tried hard to make up some BS and got called out and face slapped by people who know.

It's clear as day that you want to pretend that you know something about CNC, but all you had was just the first google result. You didn't even bother to look into that TW Vertex's webpage a little bit. Had you done that, you would have known that TW company doesn't make CNC machines.

I didn't need to google or Reddit it, I know you are now on Reddit trying to get more knowledge but you are 2 decades behind.

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Sorry, Ginault quality is much better than most reps, esp Rolex reps, its fit and finish make the Gen 5 series look bad, and show me a Rolex rep with hands that have been well finished, which to me is also the biggest tell whenever I see a fake out in public, those badly cut hands. the fact they and the indices don't look like white gold is a giveaway.

The best thing about Ginault, is you don't get called out and YOU know you're not wearing a fake watch. worth the extra money all day, I owned 2 TCs v6, nice watches but wouldn't wear them out, at least I can with this

Updog

18/7/19
I'll chime in on the CNC quality argument and hopefully quash it.

Chinese CNC machines can be of lower quality, usually with higher vibration and more difficult to set up INITIALLY.
However, I have personally visited Chinese machine shops that have exceptional European machines in their workshops and conversely, visited American workshops with low quality, poorly maintained machines in theirs. (Have worked in the high precision machining industry for 10+ years)

The second point to consider is what is actually being manufactured in these workshops, cases, bracelets, bevels, clasps, casebacks - I'm going to exclude the movements here because I don't think there are any argument that the Chinese clone is better than the Swiss movt.
These components are small, that don't require super accurate tolerances to be maintained and are not made of material that is overly difficult to machine.
Most CNC machines with the correct tooling will be able to machine these parts. With good programming and tooling jigs which Ginault and rep factories both certainly have there will be no issues to machine these regardless of the Brand of CNC.

Where reps may fall down is QC inspection, assembly and finishing activities - which is why we use TD's and have the opportunity to verify this before we GL a rep watch.

I find the Ginault ORII an interesting watch, you are paying the extra for guaranteed QC to a higher level and a Swiss movt.
The questions that hang over reps such as, is it waterproof? does the bracelet need refinishing and ultrasonic cleaning? will the clasp and divers extension need adjusting? will the movt need servicing replacing? - these questions don't apply to the Ginault - which is what you are paying extra for.

If you like the design of the Ginault I would say it is a value watch - it's basically a 5 digit sub homage with all theall modern features that we enjoy.
would I buy one - maybe - not a huge fan of the hands and bezel insert but with smaller wrists I like the case and love the diver extension bracelet.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
I searched and didn't find too much about Ginault watches. I kind of have an itch to try one but would like to hear from Ginault owners how they compare the watch to reps they owned?

Plenty online about Ginault vs Rolex. I'm wondering if a Ginault is worth the extra cost or if a guy is better off getting a rep and having it serviced, etc.

No interest in the "controversy of Ginault" either. Plenty of that online already, just looking for a rep vs Ginault comparison from people who have owned them both.

MB, is that you???

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I find the Ginault ORII an interesting watch, you are paying the extra for guaranteed QC to a higher level and a Swiss movt.
The questions that hang over reps such as, is it waterproof? does the bracelet need refinishing and ultrasonic cleaning? will the clasp and divers extension need adjusting? will the movt need servicing replacing? - these questions don't apply to the Ginault - which is what you are paying extra for.

7ac.jpg

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
So.... What do you guys think about Squale's?

Interesting.

$595 USD recommended.

The Squale 1545-ORIG is a 200 meter diving watch that now comes with a (scratch-resistant) black ceramic bezel insert with a pip (luminous dot) at the top. The black dial has the traditional Squale logo above the 6:00 marker and a Squale logo under 12:00.

Features include a domed sapphire crystal, date window without a magnifier for a clean look, vintage colored SuperLuminova treated hands and hour markers, a large easy-grip screw-down crown at 3:00, a 40mm diameter 316L stainless steel case, a 120-click uni-directional bezel (with ceramic insert), a screw-in case back, and a signed SEL stainless steel bracelet with diver extension.

The watch is made in Switzerland and it is powered by a Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic (self-winding) movement with a 42-hour power reserve. The watch comes in a nice display box, with papers and it is covered by a 2-year Squale international warranty.

Product Features
  • Movement:Swiss ETA 2824-2 Automatic (self-winding)
  • Case:polished and brushed 316L stainless steel, 40mm x 12.1mm thick (13.5mm thick including dome crystal)
  • Back:Solid screw-in back
  • Crystal:Domed anti-reflective sapphire crystal
  • Band:SEL stainless steel bracelet with deployant closure, 20mm lug
  • Water Resistant:200 meters
  • Warranty:2 Year

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Well at least wait until the fully indexed insert I ordered from Tiger-Concept arrives mate! Then it will be the ultimate milsub! ;-)

Three lessons to learn here:

1. The Tiger-Concept milsub insert DOES fit the 16610 bezel indeed.
2. The Tiger-Concept milsub insert does NOT perform particularly well inside an oven for more than 10 minutes... (It was black out of the box).
3. The Tiger-Concept milsub insert is very easy to fade with bleach, actually.
ZG3A04.jpg

(I've just ordered another insert, anyway)

Last edited:

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Looking at a Squale & the Ginault it would appear the Squale is the better option overall.

Not hating on the Ginault but $ for $ & specs the Squale is a very attractive offer for this type of homage.

Yes, YMMV & you may think I'm provocative but this is not the case.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Looking at a Squale & the Ginault it would appear the Squale is the better option overall.

Not hating on the Ginault but $ for $ & specs the Squale is a very attractive offer for this type of homage.

Yes, YMMV & you may think I'm provocative but this is not the case.

$ is relative.

Sure a Ginault is expensive, and, while it's not my cup of tea, it's in a different league to Squale / Steinhart.

If you must have a Submariner homage, then the Ginault is the one to have.

Edit - the double logo on the Squale is goofy as hell. I know why it's there. It's still goofy though.

Last edited: