• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
mari115 Do YOU own a Ginault???

I don't need to own a Ginault in order to think rationally and reply to your question using objective data (for example price, as I said before).

You could argue that quality is not objective, but then you would be referring to "perceived quality", and that's a different matter, since that's totally subjective.

Ex Rolex: people who know nothing about watches and movements would think that by buying a 15k Rolex they would get a top quality watch, and that's perceived quality, truth is, that they are getting something worth realistically around 3-6k, the rest is all "brand", marketing, expenses etc. Those are not part of the "quality" aspect.

Ex Ginault: Ginault has no brand history, other than TC's illegal one, so in the end all the $ 1500 should go into "quality". But is there really $ 1500 worth of quality in that watch? I seriously doubt it, but it's up to you in the end to decide :)

Last edited:

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
I owned a Ginault and believe I gave you a very fair and balanced view of it. It is not above VSF quality wise. But they're two very different watches. 5 digit and 6 digit subs are widely different watches even though they share the same name. If you like the aesthetic it is a worthy option. It is very simple. Do you like how Ginault mixes current gen upgrades on a 5 gen case? Then you'll love it. If not, then no. But buying it cause its a step up from VSF (it will definitely beat your ARF, as VSF does as well) is the wrong way to approach it cause that's not the case.

Every other argument is trivial and unnecessary. If you like the aesthetic you will have a nice high quality watch. What else needs to be said really?

Duckber And I thank you and all the others who own or have owned the Ginault for their opinion.

I only picked ARF because that is what I know since that is what I've owned. Bracelet quality is a big thing to me and at the time I ordered my 116610LN and 126600LN from the review's of others on RWI ARF was the one I choose to go with. I've never had a VSF on the wrist, so I can't comment on one... Damn it now you have me curious...

Reactions: lawrensempx

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
mari115 your logic tells me I shouldn't own the gen watches I own because really they are not 30 times better than the rep of the same watch.

That's not what i said, i never told anyone what they should or should not buy, I said that "in the end it's up to you".

I never said what I think of Ginault because I wanted to keep it as objective as possible, and i'll never tell someone else what to buy or what not to buy. I suggest you reread what i wrote lol

Reactions: Yogibear

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
I don't need to own a Ginault in order to think rationally and reply to your question using objective data (for example price, as I said before).

You could argue that quality is not objective, but then you would be referring to "perceived quality", and that's a different matter, since that's totally subjective.

Ex: people who know nothing about watches and movements would think that by buying a 15k Rolex they would get a top quality watch, and that's perceived quality, truth is, that they are getting something worth realistically around 3-6k, the rest is all "brand", and that's not part of the "quality" aspect.

I bet you are fun at parties. :drinks_cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
Why are you so defensive and passive aggressive? Don't ask a question if you get angry about the answers :p

As I've said before I didn't ask the peanut gallery for ignorant opinions, I asked for first hand knowledge from current or past owners. Sorry if I disregard your posts.

Maybe go order a Ginault. Give it a try. If you don't like it then sell it. For now you are just a blow hard with an unfounded opinion.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Duckber And I thank you and all the others who own or have owned the Ginault for their opinion.

I only picked ARF because that is what I know since that is what I've owned. Bracelet quality is a big thing to me and at the time I ordered my 116610LN and 126600LN from the review's of others on RWI ARF was the one I choose to go with. I've never had a VSF on the wrist, so I can't comment on one... Damn it now you have me curious...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...2-vsf-116610-v-rolex-116610-picture-shoot-out is a good post to see how good VSF subs are when compared to gen.

Ginault has a similar feel. Which is why I said choosing one over the other in terms of quality comparison is not a good choice. The Ginault is not worth paying 3x+ a VSF in the quality department. But if you like the aesthetics of a Ginault, of which there is no rep option for, then it is a fantastic watch.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
As I've said before I didn't ask the peanut gallery for ignorant opinions, I asked for first hand knowledge from current or past owners. Sorry if I disregard your posts.

Maybe go order a Ginault. Give it a try. If you don't like it then sell it. For now you are just a blow hard with an unfounded opinion.

Lol no thanks, it's not worth it for me, but everyone is different, go buy one and tell us if it's worth it in your opinion, because for me it's not. I didn't even want to bring in what I thought about it because as you said it's just an opinion, that's why I only brought some kind of objective analysis.

With my posts I wanted to keep it as objective as possible, since your original question could be easily answered with "they are two different watches, if you like the looks of a 5 digit case etc... go give it a try".

But if you really want to compare a VSF watch worth 450$ and a Ginault watch worth 1500$ then you should also consider the price difference in proportion to the quality difference, which are objective aspects. The "feeling" means nothing and it's jack shit, since everyone will perceive it differently.

The fact that Ginault used to sell the same watch (TC) with a couple of different parts (bracelet, bezel dial, hands) for less than half the price should make you ask yourself why and how :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GDorantes13

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Why are you so defensive and passive aggressive? Don't ask a question if you get angry about the answers :p

You are not giving him the answer he wants to hear though... He wants you to tell him the ginault is on same level with Rolex and that the price point is incredible for all the super duper quality you get. The Facebook group of ginault owners highly recommend so it must be great!!!

Notice how he didn't acknowledge duckbear opinion that the VSF was of better quality?

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
You are not giving him the answer he wants to hear though... He wants you to tell him the ginault is on same level with Rolex and that the price point is incredible for all the super duper quality you get. The Facebook group of ginault owners highly recommend so it must be great!!!

Notice how he didn't acknowledge duckbear opinion that the VSF was of better quality?

lol

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States

I'll ignore the first paragraph as it's just ridiculous.

As far as VSF I said I was now curious about the brand and he gave me a link to a comparison thread. I liked his comment as acknowledgment. I'll probably end up ordering one now! Unlike so many people in this conversation I'm willing to buy things and base my opinion on my own experience.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The fact that Ginault used to sell the same watch (TC) with a couple of different parts (bracelet, bezel dial, hands) for less than half the price should make you ask yourself why and how :)

Did you not hear of the ‘legend’ of a luminescent material that is not from the Swiss RC Tritec? They ‘travelled far’ to aquire this unique luminescent material.

(their words, not mine)

There you have it. $1,000 of gold sand lume.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Did you not hear of the ‘legend’ of a luminescent material that is not from the Swiss RC Tritec? They ‘travelled far’ to aquire this unique luminescent material.

(their words, not mine)

There you have it. $1,000 of gold sand lume.

Love it, that's news to me, i'd love to sprinkle some of that magic powder on my VSF and my Noob Daytona, will it make them more gen like? Will i get that tingling gen-feeling then? Or will it just double their price? LOL

Reactions: Yogibear

exia78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/14
Well just look at the price, Ginault (TC) is around double the price of the average NWBIG rep, I seriously doubt that double the price means double the quality in the 500-1500 price range.

In the end it's up to you, and even if the quality is better, it's gonna be marginally so, the function price - quality is (usually) not exponential or even linear, it's more like a logarithmic curve.

Finally the question becomes: would you really pay double for way less than double the quality?

And if you pay attention, that's also what drives some rep buyers to buy reps instead of gens, would you really pay 20 times the price for way less than 20 times the quality?

What about the thousands of threads we have read on here of rep owners doing Fraken mods? Some of those gen parts cost more than the counterfeit watch itself. Why would anyone want to do that just to help the watch look a tiny step closer to gen?

Last edited: