• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Breitling Top Time

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Still waiting for QC from trusty since December, I was told last month but still no go. I’m reading that other TD’s have them And that people are receiving QC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Still waiting for QC from trusty since December, I was told last month but still no go. I’m reading that other TD’s have them And that people are receiving QC?

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Watch arrived, very nice. The rotor is LAF, but that can be reduced.

From order to delivery, 20 days.

One thing I did not notice, where you have SWISS 50 MADE at the bottom, the word MADE looks to have space (character) too many before it, however, all the Gen pics I see are also the same. I just would have expected all 3 words to be centered.

ZMhnyS.jpg

ZMh9HW.jpg

Last edited:

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Watch arrived, very nice. The rotor is LAF, but that can be reduced.

From order to delivery, 20 days.

One thing I did not notice, where you have SWISS 50 MADE at the bottom, the word MADE looks to have space (character) too many before it, however, all the Gen pics I see are also the same. I just would have expected all 3 words to be centered.

ZMhnyS.jpg

ZMh9HW.jpg

First of all thank you for the photos, it looks great.
It is very noisy?
How does it feel on the wrist?
Is the strap of quality or are you going to change it?

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
It's louder then other 7750’s I have, but as it can minimised it's not a deal breaker.

The look and feel of the watch is great, so highly recommended.

I normally fit the correct OEM strap to all my watches. This particular strap is around $200 so I'll see how this one goes as it is very stiff but should soften up over use.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
How’s the line defining the black area of the dial and the white... looks a bit rough, like the masking for painting wasn’t great?
20 days! Who did you order from? Maybe I need to get a refund and reorder from your dealer lol been waiting 4 months

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
I also got mine yesterday.
The rotor of mine is not louder, than any other A7750 i have.
Strap is nice, but to short for my wrist, so i mounted it on a "Heritageleather Strap".
Its a very nice watch.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16

Same for me...
I don't understand why other TD's have reduced the 3month+ lead time?

Sent from the RWI App

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yep

Sent from the RWI App

Yes I tried to add it to an existing order with trusty but right away was told not in stock.

Tried another TD and got QC after about 4 days from payment.

Seems odd as trusty seems to get GF releases before most other TDs:confused:

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
Nice mod THXuk. How hard was it to source the movement?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
THXuk : Do you know, if the Asian rep 7753 movement has the same thickness as your Swiss 7753 with date?
were the hands also a straight change (I had some difficulties with chinese subdial hands on swiss 7750 movements in the past. Thanks!

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
THXuk : Do you know, if the Asian rep 7753 movement has the same thickness as your Swiss 7753 with date?
were the hands also a straight change (I had some difficulties with chinese subdial hands on swiss 7750 movements in the past. Thanks!

Very interested to know the answer to this as well, always thought the Asian 77xx movements had different hand hone sizes for the chrono hands

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yep

Sent from the RWI App

Andrew just said they are in stock but it seemed he didn’t have my order or something. Maybe his order system had an issue... not sure. Might be best to check in with him.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Andrew just said they are in stock but it seemed he didn’t have my order or something. Maybe his order system had an issue... not sure. Might be best to check in with him.

Thanks for letting me know:)
I will send another gentle chasing message

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: mnkoshka

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
To answer some of the above

I picked up the 7753 at a decent price on ebay, around £230. It was new and did not require any servicing, so a decent result.

The asian movement is a modified 7750, not a 7753.

I did not get any comment about thickness being different or being an issue, he said it dropped in and aligned without issue. He did add that the Asian movement was very poorly finished. No Breitling branded rotor is used.

Generally, hands do sometimes need to be broached to fit a swiss ETA, but in this case, The only modification that was required was for the large Chrono hand to fit correctly, other hands were OK.

A few more pics of the clone movement.

ZMNskQ.jpg

ZMNMOS.jpg

ZMN4zW.jpg

The watch should be back in my hands tomorrow or early next week. Can't wait!