• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen, VSF, Clean, GM and AR, 41mm blue datejust detailed comparison

ebitdaddy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
Am I crazy for thinking the ARF dial looks most accurate to gen? the sunburst & darkness of the blue shading seems like the clear winner relative to VSF. Having said that, the markers on the ARF look the worst, and almost a shady white / yellow.

This review has thrown me for a curveball - not totally sure which would be considered the best OOTB despite all evidence prior pointing to VSF.

Panerist

16/5/13
Germany
Which factory uses code C5C on their jubilee clap/bracelets?

Found this:

What’s the right claspcode for ARF DJ41 V3?

Most of the pictures I see C5C, but I’ve been told Z2Y need to be the claspcode?

Anyone who can clear this up?

UPDATE: Li from Jtime told me the current batch is with C5C claspcode

hope that helps....

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21
Found this:

What’s the right claspcode for ARF DJ41 V3?

Most of the pictures I see C5C, but I’ve been told Z2Y need to be the claspcode?

Anyone who can clear this up?

UPDATE: Li from Jtime told me the current batch is with C5C claspcode

hope that helps....

Thanks, I have find the answer. ARF uses C5C and Z2Y at random. Latest batches have C5C.

Reactions: Panerist

Pflovee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/19
US
The comparison is so amazing, thank you for your time and work

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Damn nice bezel and ya, I have both the vsf and clean side by side. The yellow tinge was far better on the clean so I installed the vsf guys with vsf crystal in the clean case, bezel
478d2e361bfb963771417add39cc0382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to make sure I understood correctly. You say CF bezel is more gen like due to plating colour than VSF correct?

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Akilles
i wanna share the picture i saw on reddit so not mine picture
That guy vsf crystal have much better cyclops than all others before i saw, zero distortion on this angle, number is fine and window is not distorted
still soft and jelly lugs compared to clean factory case
agree the new VSF Xtals dont have the distorision anymore. What does "soft and jelly lugs"mean?

sibaryo5053

Horology Curious
9/10/18
I found some point about series number "3" on the rehaut as the picture show~
Anyone knows GEN seri num font , the series number "3" is only have flat head type "3" or include round head "3" ?
I can't find any GEN rolex seri num "3" have engraving round head "3"
If GEN rolex not have round head 3, mean some factory taked the wrong series number font.(not only the 41 datejust rehaut number have this issue)

zqv2PE.jpg

Reactions: pompompurin

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I found some point about series number "3" on the rehaut as the picture show~
Anyone knows GEN seri num font , the series number "3" is only have flat head type "3" or include round head "3" ?
I can't find any GEN rolex seri num "3" have engraving round head "3"
If GEN rolex not have round head 3, mean some factory taked the wrong series number font.(not only the 41 datejust rehaut number have this issue)

zqv2PE.jpg
No one will check font art of number 3 on a rehaut lol. Good catch tho

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Interesting that the Crown on the VSF Braclet Clasp somehow has staints/dirt on it. Is this something you can remove?

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
this is a really great reference review.

having the Rhodium Dj41 from VSF I can confirm that its a very gen-like watch albeit the dial colour slightly off from the gen, but the "feel" of the overall VSF DJ is great. So much so that I'm going to buy a blue VSF Dj41 smooth bezel to replace my gen 36mm blue/baton..... I love the 36mm but 41mm VSF is calling to me....

Reactions: Kevstah

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Who is the winner??? :)))))))

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
For me, clean, especially after fixing milky ring on crystal, that was the only issue for me
Everything else is excelent

What is better on CF?

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
What is better on CF?
These types of questions can be answered by reading the whole review, and making your own decision. That’s the whole point of the review really.

I will say that the CF in this review is not the same CF that’s (mostly) available now, it has V1 hands and bezel and crystal.

The CF V2 (hands bezel and insert) are the same or better than the VSF in this review.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I think with the VS3235 movement still being a VSF only movement CF is still lacking. Only when they get their hands on this movement then it will be a tough fight OOTB

Reactions: Migliorolex