• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen, VSF, Clean, GM and AR, 41mm blue datejust detailed comparison

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Hello everyone, this is unknown Steve.

Today we bring you a full comparison of the GEN Blue datejust 126334 with several major manufacturers! Let's get right to it!

53029860.jpg

9a47c22a.jpg
20dae883.jpg

front view​

There is unavoidable about the color difference in the blue dial, the GEN is a dark blue, the AR factory deviates the most and looks similar to a faded color!

AR sunburst on the dial is too strong, VS is the closest to GEN, followed by CLEAN, GM is too indistinct!

9fd55402.jpg
2079b02f.jpg

3a94e4eb.jpg

Bezel view​

VS, CLEAN and AR are all very good in the teeth shape, GM is on the long side and the angle of the triangle on the inner edge is obviously too small! Also the triangle of the AR is too smooth.

c1801282.jpg
4181cb68.jpg

Stick view​

The overall shape of the VS is closer to the GEN, VS is better filled, the downside is the lack of rounding of the sharp edges, the other three are still mainly due to the lack of filling of the inner edges, resulting in significant gaps. Clean's chamfering of the scales is still excellent.

7647859f.jpg

Crown side view​

It’s not very good to compare because the angle of the picture will deviate. But after I repeatedly observed the physical comparison, the four factories are actually similar, all still good, or maybe my eyes are not very good! I'll have to see what you guys have to say!

137f58d5.jpg

6ef280d2.jpg

Lume filling view​

All three are very good, except for the GM, which is too smooth, and the AR is the grainiest, for the C, which is the closest in color and texture to the GEN!

2bfca69b.jpg
cd459614.jpg

3c627ff6.jpg
4cb199b3.jpg
ba144c61.jpg

2973a1a7.jpg

7d0832a5.jpg

Engraving font view​

The VS and Clean are very flat, the GM and AR font have uneven edges, especially the AR!

As we can see, GEN's type is very glossy, something that all the factories lack! We noticed through the macro lens that GEN's ink printing is much fuller, but if you look at it from the naked eye, other factories do a good job, except AR, which can be noticeably different

f1d8a995.jpg

53daed13.jpg
11a0110b.jpg

Hand view​

The shape of the central axis of the hands, VS factory and C factory have done skeletonized solid structure, but C factory's central sleeve position, flatness is very poor, GM and AR's sleeve position is completely closed, and is very different from GEN.

From the side view, the whole arrangement of VS and GM is very close to GEN, AR appears too dense.

c165b548.jpg

Crystal Giant Side View​

The overall translucency of all the factories is fine, and the cross-sectional chamfers of the windows are best polished by the AR factory!

38f4a45b.jpg
0ca8a166.jpg

68383131.jpg
11c23605.jpg

37bf55d1.jpg

2d7e35f0.jpg
20c7f80a.jpg

1-31 calendar display view​

There's nothing much to say about this! You can compare for yourself if you want to.
9094da7f.jpg

32b9ba0d.jpg

Rehaut view​

The GM factory engraving has some darkening and looks a bit like rust; for the AR factory, the engraving looks a bit too light in person, both VS and Clean are still quite good
59038429.jpg

c94d0d09.jpg

Case side view​

All the factories are fine in terms of case type, and there are no significant differences!

5e2664e6.jpg
03c095ff.jpg

Sel view​

First, we can check the location of arrow pointed, the layered VS on the side of the bezel is the closest to the GEN, which is commendable, followed by the AR, which is less pronounced in the C factory, and the GM, which is almost flat.

Then where the lugs meet the headstock, VS and GEN are the same, GM is not too bad, VS and AR are almost flat.

04138e93.jpg
b1da452f.jpg

57f48044.jpg

68e0decb.jpg
962d6bf8.jpg

2500407c.jpg

Strap view​

The VS and CLEAN both use AR steel straps, but the GM steel strap does feel a little different than the AR!

The engraving is still a far cry from the GEN.

07f30282.jpg

d09ee87e.jpg

Case back view​

The same old problem as in the C factory, a ring around the bottom of the teeth, spillover from the brushed lines, unevenness!

2059a100.jpg

Lume view​

The stripes on the bezel are very strong for VS, weaker for C, and almost non-existent for GM and AR.

54e930f8.jpg

Laser view​

GEN's irregularly arranged crown pattern is always a problem for factories! And we don’t need to be too concerned!

60279b15.png
6928f640.png

a5d053e6.png

20ccfa19.png
46d9c80e.png

Comparative chart of various data​

Note: All measurements are taken in a calibrated state and may be inaccurate due to slight deviations in caliper position

All the replicas haven't take off the plastic protector. the VS and GM have removed the steel strap protector as you can see, the GM is closest in weight to the GEN !

Well, that's it for today's post, thanks for watching, if there are any mistakes, please correct me, welcome to comment and exchange!

We will bring you more detailed comparisons between the replicas and GEN later, also to let you better choose your favorite style replicas, you can leave a comment on what style you are more interested in!

Description: (Some of the photos have deviated from the real thing because of the light source, the details are still based on the text, the size of the comparison pictures are relatively large, you can download them and enlarge them for comparison.)

Drop: There is no perfect replica, only your favorite replica.

Steve

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Email: [email protected]

Wechat: The5711

Last edited:

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Thanks for the in depth and detailed review. The side by side comparison helps a lot.

Reactions: Momo666

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
You can always count on BP/GMF to create a thick case lol.

The VSF dial looks sweet. I'm really impressed with the clean factory rehaut.

Huisman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/22
EU
Bravo, very detailed comparison of the top manufacturers for this datejust 41 mm. I think it's a shame for a timepiece like this datejust that the case has a diameter of only a mere 39 mm. I have a sky dweller and it is 42mm. This size of 41 to 42 mm is the perfect size for a medium wrist size in my opinion. This datejust is a beautiful timepiece and would be even more beautiful in 41 mm.

Prince_P

Horology Curious
27/11/21
Just perfect thank you and really appreciate the hard work you put on this thread, i will be the happiest person if we have the same thread for submariner 116610

Reactions: philiusmaximus

caprioles9000

22/6/17
Great review. Is vsf still available. I thought they were shutdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Just perfect thank you and really appreciate the hard work you put on this thread, i will be the happiest person if we have the same thread for submariner 116610

There are a more than one threads like this for 116610. Seek and ye shall find!

Reactions: P..DR..D

injector

29/3/22
detailed comparison would be interessting:
post raid vsf
pre raid vsf
clean

anyway only clean vs vsf interessting, clean has the more solid clockwork

Reactions: Granater123