• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen hulk vs noob v9 vs arf

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Why have no insert never had the correct corner shape of the 6 and 9 marker ever. somebody please tell me why? It must be the most simple thing in the hole world, just make them round at the corners like the gen.

They should just do the whole watch like gen, stupid idiots they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Is this a serious question? The only way any normal person (not a weirdo like us) would be able to call someone on this is to get a gen right next to it and sit and scrutinise it for a long time even then they probably couldnt tell you how much the sels differ or how much the insert colour is off. Only 2% of the world are that manic... (us) the experts in the forum are in the elite they would shoot you down from a fu*kin drone plane and call you out. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true..even so...when you see it..you will never walk over to a guy and say...yo, nice noob...it’s like ladies and their diamonds...they watch from afar...and mention it later to you....

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Most normal folk ask, "is that a Rolex?". Just say yes and go on with your day. The average Joe doesn't know shit. If you say it's a replica, you just shot yourself in the foot.

Reactions: electric

Hakai

11/6/18
Nah, according to a broad definition of two members the average Joe is that kinda guy who says: ah I see your Rolex, but your sel isnt flush nice try with your cheap ass rep ...nice try "

Reactions: 71bucks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Why have no insert never had the correct corner shape of the 6 and 9 marker ever. somebody please tell me why? It must be the most simple thing in the hole world, just make them round at the corners like the gen.

You are talking about the dial not the insert right?

It probably has to do with the production process. Just easier to make the corners square, especially if they are not molded in one piece but in segments and fitted together.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
hope its not another case of Hybrid builds a mix-mash of the 2 makers (or 3 if incl VRF) to get the best gen like Hulk? ordered the v9 noob one and its coming tomorrow.

VaderTime

9/10/17
I just wish NF can get the color right on the Hulk bezel. Gen is too rare and pricey for my taste.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Hey I can help with some for both ARF and VRF insert

Mind you I have also owned a v7 noob prior to these

Here is my vrf vs arf..

In summary both insert are brilliant but at times the vrf insert numerals don't look platinum like it's on gen. They look whitish

4d3e6c52c8223f750483993ca65fe0da.jpg
7bd6ba94a238b00229f77ab673ab3540.jpg
75b5aae99013e038612fa6af1cd69fce.jpg
af48bcab5f4902541712ef874485ead8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Asheron82 and Nivka

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
Hey I can help with some for both ARF and VRF insert

Mind you I have also owned a v7 noob prior to these

Here is my vrf vs arf..

In summary both insert are brilliant but at times the vrf insert numerals don't look platinum like it's on gen. They look whitish

4d3e6c52c8223f750483993ca65fe0da.jpg
7bd6ba94a238b00229f77ab673ab3540.jpg
75b5aae99013e038612fa6af1cd69fce.jpg
af48bcab5f4902541712ef874485ead8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the pics, i'm assuming VRF on the left and ARF on the right? which of the 2 is then more accurate to gen?

here is my modded noob v9, however i found the bezel's colour not accurate so now sourcing to find the best option without going gen.

JFqNf.jpg

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Thank you for the pics, i'm assuming VRF on the left and ARF on the right? which of the 2 is then more accurate to gen?

here is my modded noob v9, however i found the bezel's colour not accurate so now sourcing to find the best option without going gen.

JFqNf.jpg

Beautiful watch mate. Did you mean insert instead of the bezel? The way you worded your last reply makes me think you’re after the most gen-like insert

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
Beautiful watch mate. Did you mean insert instead of the bezel? The way you worded your last reply makes me think you’re after the most gen-like insert

oops my bad, kept thinking its the bezel but i'm actually referring to the Insert. :p

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
oops my bad, kept thinking its the bezel but i'm actually referring to the Insert. :p

All good. The CeraMaster is the choice if you’re after the best one available at the moment. I have only seen the pictures of the LV but in my opinion it’s still miles away from genuine which is still an upgrade from the original dark noob

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
All good. The CeraMaster is the choice if you’re after the best one available at the moment. I have only seen the pictures of the LV but in my opinion it’s still miles away from genuine which is still an upgrade from the original dark noob

thanks for the input, i've seen the CeraMeister's inserts for the Hulk, indeed the platinum paint insert numerals looks quite spot on and could be a potential part to be added.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
BeteeBe arf and vrf, my preference was arf insert. Color or or bezel was slightly better in direct light and more importantly numbers were definitely platinum like . Vrf numbers look little whitish

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
BeteeBe arf and vrf, my preference was arf insert. Color or or bezel was slightly better in direct light and more importantly numbers were definitely platinum like . Vrf numbers look little whitish

Thanks mate, in this case i might just invest in a ARF hulk to hybrid the 2 makers.

30/11/17
EU
No inserts are close to the gen and differences increase the brighter the light is. I've compared ARF, noob, VRF, cerameister and gen. I had an ugly dark noob insert on my v7. If you don't want to mod anything, go with the ARF. It looks the bomb and ARF "platinum" is almost soongebob quality. It looks very, very good. If you're not bothered by the whiteish numbers, go VRF. If you want the best (which is subjective) that isn't gen, get vrf with spongebob mod.
​​​​​ The cerameister is better than the dark green old noob inserts, but it's close in hue, just lighter. The numbers are silverish, not platinum like spongebob or arf.

Closest in hue to gen (but still nowhere near as vibrant and saturated in good light) is VRF. I got a vrf on order from Spongebob. Of course this is very subjective. Different people are bothered differently by differences in hue and lightness...

Reactions: Asheron82