• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GEN BLUE SOH v LATEST BLUE REP COMPARISON

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
that dial is killer!

It's literrally like the ocean, all those different shades of blue depending on the lighting/angle. I never get tired of tilting my wrist to fully enjoy this experience.

B00641103

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/16
Who was the factory that made the great rep that's not available anymore.

Surely if the demand is there, which I believe it is, the TD's could enquirer about having it produced again?

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
Took a punt on the newest soh heritage released from some no name factory a few weeks back .. I own the gen champagne dial blue bezel and previously owned the black as well . Make no mistake this is terrible.. comparing it to the gen step by step is pointless as it's so far off the mark.. case shape gets pass marks everything else is bad . Bracelet garbage , bezel a joke,broader than the genand triangle much to large 12.00. The bezel colour blue is way off a horribly cheap metallic . The blue of the dial has too much of a sunburst effect. Dial markings are actually passable to the naked eye but the date window is too small. Engraving on caseback is not pronounced enough and polishing poor. All and all very poor but the bezel is off the scale bad which means it will be 300 bucks consigned to the bin .

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Took a punt on the newest soh heritage released from some no name factory a few weeks back .. I own the gen champagne dial blue bezel and previously owned the black as well . Make no mistake this is terrible.. comparing it to the gen step by step is pointless as it's so far off the mark.. case shape gets pass marks everything else is bad . Bracelet garbage , bezel a joke,broader than the genand triangle much to large 12.00. The bezel colour blue is way off a horribly cheap metallic . The blue of the dial has too much of a sunburst effect. Dial markings are actually passable to the naked eye but the date window is too small. Engraving on caseback is not pronounced enough and polishing poor. All and all very poor but the bezel is off the scale bad which means it will be 300 bucks consigned to the bin .

Which SOH rep got released a few weeks back? I can't see it anywhere.

I am still waiting to see what the new GF will look like but from the first few pics, it did not look very good. Are we talking about the same watch?

Mr Smith

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/3/17
I have a love for this watch still today wish i never sold my V1. Old thread great review. Thanks for sharing i really enjoy threads like this ;)

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
Which SOH rep got released a few weeks back? I can't see it anywhere.

I am still waiting to see what the new GF will look like but from the first few pics, it did not look very good. Are we talking about the same watch?
No the gf soh2 does look promising . The one I bought was the newest breitling added on ts watches.. I should have known better to buy from a no name factory .This soh is garbage . But I do have high hopes from gf

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I have a love for this watch still today wish i never sold my V1. Old thread great review. Thanks for sharing i really enjoy threads like this ;)
Thanks, I am going to add a thread comparing my blue gen to a blue V2, just not had the time to do it

Sent from the RWI App

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Yes its poor, but all there is. I asked Angus ages ago to ask Noob to redo the V2 as its still a current model and they'd sell a stack of them but he said they weren't going to as it was a backwards step. Whatever that means!

Sent from the RWI App

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
SOH 2 just came out

If Noob decides to rep it well with a 42mm option, that's good enough for me

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
Yes its poor, but all there is. I asked Angus ages ago to ask Noob to redo the V2 as its still a current model and they'd sell a stack of them but he said they weren't going to as it was a backwards step. Whatever that means!

Sent from the RWI App
It's amazing really that they don't want to reproduce a rep that will sell very well .. just think of the amount of garbage that's being churned out and no one is interested in . The gf soh2 may be decent . Although as far as I'm aware breitling haven't released it yet so it may be some time before there is a good one to one around. The mesh bracelet is what they will struggle to do well. I don't mind that as I'm happy to wear on leather or rubber if the watch is crafted well.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
It's amazing really that they don't want to reproduce a rep that will sell very well .. just think of the amount of garbage that's being churned out and no one is interested in . The gf soh2 may be decent . Although as far as I'm aware breitling haven't released it yet so it may be some time before there is a good one to one around. The mesh bracelet is what they will struggle to do well. I don't mind that as I'm happy to wear on leather or rubber if the watch is crafted well.
Its on the Breitling site now but available from August according to some sources. Interestingly the soh 2 is powered by a Tudor movement the MT5612 used in the Black Bay Steel which has a 70 hour PR but increases the width to 15mm from 13.6mm. In return the new Black Bay chrono gets the BO1 movt. New soh 2 also gets a ceramic bezel. Lets see what the reps like, ot will be bang up to date but will it be any good. It could be from what I've seen so far

Sent from the RWI App

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
Its on the Breitling site now but available from August according to some sources. Interestingly the soh 2 is powered by a Tudor movement the MT5612 used in the Black Bay Steel which has a 70 hour PR but increases the width to 15mm from 13.6mm. In return the new Black Bay chrono gets the BO1 movt. New soh 2 also gets a ceramic bezel. Lets see what the reps like, ot will be bang up to date but will it be any good. It could be from what I've seen so far

Sent from the RWI App
Think it's going to be a stunning piece with the ceramc and new hands..if it's not reped to high standards then I will go gen. Although if the pics are anything to go by things look very promising...

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
At the Breitling store in Paris it's available

I am waiting on my AD to call me when he receives his batch as I really want to try it on.

I already got the mesh with my blue soh1 but I d go for the bronze dial with that new aero rubber strap they released specially for it...beauty

a7e3876fcd9c593d6554717ffa34a236.jpg

Black one with mesh-rubber isn't bad either
66cbb0af592bc2bd6b6ae8d2a1c04fbc.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G925F en utilisant Tapatalk

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Have it on good authority that the soh2 will be with dealers in a couple of weeks or less. Not sure if there will be s 46mm though.

Sent from the RWI App