• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC Yacht Master

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
OMG am I having a blast in this hobby!!!! So I picked up a used TC YM a few weeks back in the rolex parts section. It was a full watch minus the crystal ring, gasket, bezel, insert, spring and band. So I went to eBay and spent some money put my Official time strap that I had got on ebay and a buckle from a TC bracelet. So here was what I have paid and look at this beauty!!

The watch TC Yacht master $350
The bracelet $145 plus the clasp I would put at $30 so total $175
Parts from eBay which include the bezel, Insert, click spring, gasket $123
Then I had a TC crystal retaining ring for a 16610 fit perfectly. Lets say $30 for that.
So for around $700 I have a beautiful watch. I love this hobby.

All the parts I got for the bezel are not made by Rolex.

Here is the eye candy!

When I brought it, it looked like this:

tc_ym14_zpsabmeuqo1.jpg
tc_ym16_zpsshqzwj5v.jpg
tc_ym03_zpsr4qpnnmy.jpg
tc_ym04_zpslrixq27r.jpg
tc_ym07_zpsuv720gfl.jpg

Now:

IMG_2257.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg
IMG_2253.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg

I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!!!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Also this TC has, as you can see, a gen 2824 and the case seems to be able to take a 3135. I wonder if I can Yuki this baby? I think I will slow down though and just keep it as a beater or sell it and do something else. I'll see. Comments. What do you all think of this?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The strap ain't my cup of tea but you defo scored a good deal on the case and stuff.
The case is genspec so fitting a Y3135 or a cal3135 is no problem. I've done it on my superfranken YM build..
It's worth a build but takes a lot of space in your wallet if you wanna do it properly.. :p

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
The strap ain't my cup of tea but you defo scored a good deal on the case and stuff.
The case is genspec so fitting a Y3135 or a cal3135 is no problem. I've done it on my superfranken YM build..
It's worth a build but takes a lot of space in your wallet if you wanna do it properly.. :p

A TC YM super franken build is something I dream about in the nights I don't sleep... :)
But the bezel alone will cost more than most builds :greedy:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
A TC YM super franken build is something I dream about in the nights I don't sleep... :)
But the bezel alone will cost more than most builds :greedy:

I got my gen bezel for 1350€ + shipping..

Si_jeff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/15
NY, USA
Looks good for a small project you did. You have lots of great builds that this dont compare but for the money, not bad.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Ok. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I go on to eBay today. Because as you can see I don't have a band for my YM. So I search eBay and I come up with a Gen band for $375. I PM the guy. He tells me that he hates the scratches on his band and that he went to Tournu and got a new one. So he is selling his beat up YM bracelet. I asked him if he was the orig owner. He is. He has owned it since it is new and he wore it all the time. He paid a lot for a new one even though they gave him 20% off for loyalty. I asked him if I can see the receipt for the band. At first he said no. Then after I told him I was going to buy it if the story panned out. So emailed it to me with all the info blocked out but Tourneau in palm beach on Worth Ave. and the band price and the discount. Anyway. I brought it. I am going to get it checked out. If it is real I just scored a real YM band for $375!!!! I am going to polish the crap out of it and put it on my TC YM. This is turning out to be a great build. I might have to spark up the last yuki movement and get a gen dial, date disk, hands, Forget the bezel I have a Gen spec bezel assembly from Startime and an eBay company. Anyway her is the link. Anyone see anything to worry about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191659534826?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Lucky fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
If you dont mind me asking, could you post the links to your sources for the bezel inserts please.....

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
For which watch Dave? My watch maker got me the bezel insert for the 16610. The source for this watch was eBay. I put the link to the guy. I believe he is in England. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181254127920?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yep thats the one.....but its stated to be made out of aluminum.
Did you put it next to a strong magnet to confirm ?
Im suspecting it might be made out of SS which i would prefer....

If its got any hint of magnetic conductivity, i would be all over that for mine

BTW the first link went to the bracelet

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Sorry Dave what do you mean the first link went to the bracelet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Sorry Dave what do you mean the first link went to the bracelet?

Got it figured out...NVM

Any way were you able to confirm if the insert was stainless or aluminum ?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Ok. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I go on to eBay today. Because as you can see I don't have a band for my YM. So I search eBay and I come up with a Gen band for $375. I PM the guy. He tells me that he hates the scratches on his band and that he went to Tournu and got a new one. So he is selling his beat up YM bracelet. I asked him if he was the orig owner. He is. He has owned it since it is new and he wore it all the time. He paid a lot for a new one even though they gave him 20% off for loyalty. I asked him if I can see the receipt for the band. At first he said no. Then after I told him I was going to buy it if the story panned out. So emailed it to me with all the info blocked out but Tourneau in palm beach on Worth Ave. and the band price and the discount. Anyway. I brought it. I am going to get it checked out. If it is real I just scored a real YM band for $375!!!! I am going to polish the crap out of it and put it on my TC YM. This is turning out to be a great build. I might have to spark up the last yuki movement and get a gen dial, date disk, hands, Forget the bezel I have a Gen spec bezel assembly from Startime and an eBay company. Anyway her is the link. Anyone see anything to worry about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191659534826?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It's very stretched and worn but a good price none the less. Worth sending to be refinished and tightened though!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
That is exactly what I thought. The owner said he has worn the watch everyday over 10 years. So I expect it to be stretched and worn. Thanks Bots.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Yes Dave. It seems to be Aluminum. I took the bezel off. Popped it out and a magnet won't attach to it. Now I am having an issue putting it back in. I will spray the insert with silicon grease spray and try again.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yes Dave. It seems to be Aluminum. I took the bezel off. Popped it out and a magnet won't attach to it. Now I am having an issue putting it back in. I will spray the insert with silicon grease spray and try again.

OH NO ! Dude im sorry !

Its ashame about it being aluminum, its a good looker.
I dont think the aluminum would hold up for me.

I was initially looking for a white gold insert, but for the same reasons decided to look for a nice stainless one.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
The guy did put it was alum in the add. I'm facing a bitch of a time getting it back in. Isn't alum soft? Lol.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
The guy did put it was alum in the add. I'm facing a bitch of a time getting it back in. Isn't alum soft? Lol.

Hard anodized aluminum is quite hard, but not SS hard.

Try putting the insert in the freezer for 10 minutes or so , then give it a go