• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gauging interest for a APROO caseset

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Are we at the stage where we need to list everything we want?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Besides gen spec dials and hands, it would really be nice to have gen spec pushers and crowns that work with the LWO 283 in this case.

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
I think there is a little confusion in regards to this project. We will be offering a couple of things in this project:

1) Gen spec caseset which means a case/ bezel/ gaskets/ caseback/ movement ring/ pusher/ crown/ tachy/ screws/ glass that are compatible with GEN, and LWO movements.
2) We 'may' be offering gen spec handsets that are compatible with LWO movements. This is still being tossed around as the demand is low.
3) Gen spec in regards to the construction method and lume dials and hands that fit chinese movement/ replica. But note these will be sterile. Please also note that the pushers will be a different construction so we can artificially offset them from the crown.
4) Complete homage/ sterile version complete watch.

Please also note that our parts individually most likely won't fit the rep cases. The screws may fit, but everything is unlikely to fit as the rep cases are not gen spec despite their claims.

Karlos

Known Member
21/6/13
handsets that are compatible with LWO movements, I will want a few of those!

1) Gen spec caseset which means a case/ bezel/ gaskets/ caseback/ movement ring/ pusher/ crown/ tachy/ screws/ glass that are compatible with GEN, and LWO movements

I will want quite a few of those!

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Well, to clarify. I would like:

1) Gen spec caseset which means a case/ bezel/ gaskets/ caseback/ movement ring/ pusher/ crown/ tachy/ screws/ glass that are compatible with GEN, and LWO movements.
1 OF THESE

2) We 'may' be offering gen spec handsets that are compatible with LWO movements. This is still being tossed around as the demand is low.
2 SETS OF THESE

3) Gen spec in regards to the construction method and lume dials and hands that fit chinese movement/ replica. But note these will be sterile. Please also note that the pushers will be a different construction so we can artificially offset them from the crown.
2 SETS OF THESE

Hope you do this!!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
This is an exciting project.
My personal needs are as follows:

3 or more of these:

3 or more of these

Not very interested in homage or sterile.

When do you plan to be able to tool up and release the gen spec case set w/ all the accessories (option 1)?

plasmaman

19/11/10
Not sure exactly what I want just yet, but definitely interested in this project.

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
Do u have the exact dimensions for the bezel, bezel rubber and caseback thickness? I meant the gen ones.

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
Yes, all the parts have been measured and drawn up now. Just confirming with the case factory that they can make it and the costs and we will be ready to roll. In the meantime, we are working on the sterile homages, there should be a couple of variations to start out.

jamesfl

21/5/12
I realized you are waiting for confirmation from the case factory, but do you have preliminary pricing you would be comfortable sharing at this time?

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
This is a very complicated caseset, there are many components to it and each one of the components is not cheap. The rep alone is coming out at 500-600USD and that is with sub standard parts. If I were to ball park this (and we are just talking a huge park here), we will be looking at 6-700USD for a complete sterile dial watch without strap, 1000USD with a genuine construction hornback and buckle with brass inserts, 500USD for casesets.

Here are the preliminary variations for the homages, 1 black dial, 1 white dial, 1 rubber clad (gen construction, not plastic like rep) and the bumblebee in a forged carbon case (which we are still toying with at the moment as the cost would be much higher).

Discuss away.

2an97l.jpg

jamesfl

21/5/12
Thank-you for the info. I realize that at this stage prices can be considerable different than the ballpark.

So if I understand the project correctly, one could conceivably purchase one of the homage watches and have a gen dial and crown and rep caseback installed and have a very accurate AP Franken/Rep. Or purchase the individual parts as needed.

Am I correct?

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
im sure some one can make the AP logo n stick it there on the dial ! wooo hoo

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Thank-you for the info. I realize that at this stage prices can be considerable different than the ballpark.

So if I understand the project correctly, one could conceivably purchase one of the homage watches and have a gen dial and crown and rep caseback installed and have a very accurate AP Franken/Rep. Or purchase the individual parts as needed.

Am I correct?

Remember the gen dial is different to the rep dial. This is because the rep uses a 7750 based movement, and the gen uses a JLC/Dubois Depraz combination movement. DD date window is closer to the centre by about 1mm.

So, in relation to your question, your issue is that the date window position on the homage movement will be wrong on the gen dial. So there's no easy way.

Where you gonna get the crown? Besides, I think the OP intends to make a gen-spec crown anyway, thank god!

To keep it reasonable, I think you're better served having a rep dial and hands re-lumed and fitting that to the homage case.

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13

Am I correct?

Ah.... finally the right question! But unfortunately the answer is no (as pointed out already).

The answer is one can conceivably purchase one of the homage caseset and install a rep dial/ crown and have a member engrave the caseback to have a very accurate AP Rep/ Franken.

In order to get even more accurate, one will need to purchase our caseset that is compatible with an LWO movement (we will have two versions, one for chinese movement and another for LWO movement), an LWO movement, gen dial, our LWO compatible handset and have someone engrave the caseback AND crown to get an almost 'identical' franken.

Unfortunately I believe it won't be possible to just stick on the logo on the dial as a flat part will need to be created for the AP applied logo to be stuck on and the words to be printed.