• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Full comparison of 126610LV GEN, VS, CLEAN, GM, JOKER

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
This type of detailed anallysis is very-much appreciated.

Is it 'too soon' to do this for the newly-released Explorer I 36mm? Very interested in acquiring one.
This largely depends on your own love, compared to the popular model of the Submariner, not many factories produce Explorer I 36mm, at present, then GM is a better choice

Reactions: Naychr

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
We have also added a separate comparison of ZF126610 and GEN, interested guys can go to the following link to Check。

Reactions: Nickyan

Zimmi69

Horology Curious
18/5/21
Thank you for your very good work! 👍 This is really very informative. I had already decided on a VSF beforehand.

Reactions: Naychr

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
感谢您的出色工作!👍 这真的非常有用。我事先已经决定使用 VSF。
Do this just to help make the choice easier for friends! Of course everyone's choice of priorities must be different!

Last edited:

rastaboy_2006

Known Member
21/8/19
still not decided upto this date. planning to get one and will replace the bracelet with rubber b stratp. Excluding the movement, does clean factory looks closer to GEN? help me decide guys. i just want which one looks close to gen not considering the movement. :)

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
still not decided upto this date. planning to get one and will replace the bracelet with rubber b stratp. Excluding the movement, does clean factory looks closer to GEN? help me decide guys. i just want which one looks close to gen not considering the movement. :)
The movement aside, I'd recommend the clean, it's the little details that make the clean better, but of course that depends on what you care about more!

Reactions: AG91 and Freoguitar

AG91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/22
Thank you very much, I am happy to be of service to you.
@steve_theonewatches Me too! one question, how long until VSF's exclusive contract with Dandong for VS3235 movements expires? as soon as Clean starts using them, as it did for the sub 3135 series, I'll get one too! meanwhile I will contact you soon for a Clean Hulk with VS movement

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
@steve_theonewatches Me too! one question, how long until VSF's exclusive contract with Dandong for VS3235 movements expires? as soon as Clean starts using them, as it did for the sub 3135 series, I'll get one too! meanwhile I will contact you soon for a Clean Hulk with VS movement
We don't know the exact timing of the contract, but I don't think VSF will easily give away the exclusive rights to the Danton 3235 movement.

Reactions: AG91

Javi23

17/8/14
USA
Does anyone know if the VSF model is a good candidate to Franken? For those that like to do this type of stuff.

Javi23

17/8/14
USA
Phenomenal comparison, kudos to Steve. Agree that the decision on which factory to choose is based on what each one values the most. I highly value the reliability of the movement (and serviceability), therefore VSF wins it for me, especially in this model where all factories are very very close to each other. When I first got into reps I remember having to settle for "best 1:1 models" that had incredible tells, like obvious mismatching of lume between dial and hands, very misaligned dates, etc etc.

We have come a long long way...

Reactions: LP640

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
The one thing that I would like to know, that we cannot tell by any photos is how the bezel action is.

When turning, which factory consistently "feels" more like a gen?

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
The one thing that I would like to know, that we cannot tell by any photos is how the bezel action is.

When turning, which factory consistently "feels" more like a gen?
The gen bezel feels tighter in the hand when rotated,It is difficult to get the same feel from the factory, but VS and Clean are better in comparison.

Reactions: THXuk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The gen bezel feels tighter in the hand when rotated,It is difficult to get the same feel from the factory, but VS and Clean are better in comparison.

You can always add gen click springs and it would feel exactly the same but its around 200 USD for the set so probably only worth it in case of a super franken.

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
You can always add gen click springs and it would feel exactly the same but its around 200 USD for the set so probably only worth it in case of a super franken.
It's true that it's often not necessary to pay too much attention to non-superficial differences.

Reactions: Kack 13L0CK3R