• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Full comparison of 126610LV GEN, VS, CLEAN, GM, JOKER

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Hi everyone, I'm Steve, here I am again.

This time I bring you a full comparison between the 126610LV GEN and several replicas!

As far as style is concerned, the first generation of the submariner in the classic color scheme of black dial and green bezel is also my personal favorite!

Without further crap, let's get to work!

b16eb7ca.jpg
639a793b.jpg

0a5af244.png

Front View

58a6f020.jpg
f536ede6.jpg

Bezel front view and side view​

There is no color difference with the black dial, but mainly depends on the color of the green bezel; VS and CELAN both use the clean bezel,

which is claimed to be the closest to the gen, and through repeated observation and comparison in kind, the color is slightly darker than that of the GEN.
f5682a13.jpg

c3d86a2e.jpg

Sapphire crystal side view​

It’s not very good to compare due to light about the comparison photos. In real life, VS and JOKER are better. (The side shape of the JOKER is closest to the GEN)

ddb49cc5.jpg

9b52472f.jpg

Side view of the Pearl​

The color of the pearls all deviate from the gen, the GEN color is white with a touch of yellow! This is difficult for all factories to control, VS and GM go for white, CLEAN and JOKER go for yellow!

In addition, clean’s sunken shape of the edge of the pearl is the closest to GEN.

The Gen’s distance from the triangular edge of the pearl is small and all three edges are the same distance apart!

All factories have at least one side that is significantly too large, obviously due to differences in the size of the cylindrical supports or deviations in the mounting position! In fact, this problem can be avoided in too much concern, and is difficult to detect with the naked eye.

68f0cc1d.jpg

1f5f6034.jpg
440eec1f.jpg

1a70eb91.jpg
a4266de2.jpg

af5ed895.jpg

Bezel Marker​

Personally, I think the colors are pretty much the same from the factory, and the bar scales are pretty good on the inner edges of the cut corners!

If you really want to differentiate, I'll leave it to you!

b4f716c4.jpg

Teeth side view​

The bezel shape of the VS factory is closest to the GEN, followed by the C factory, the GM oval shape is on the lean side.

The JOKER's curved sharp corners are on the small side, and the overall brushed pattern is also the best restored by the VS!

79090a0f.jpg
1eb6d950.jpg

40c61d56.jpg

Dial marker side view​

In summary, there are no significant deviations in the shape and polish of the scales from any of the factories!

There is no superiority or inferiority, which is the basic style expected of a major factory!

198866fd.jpg
b3c64655.jpg

Lume coating front view​

VS and Clean Factory are both quite grainy, GM and JOKER are almost smooth!

f59319bd.jpg

a5f15051.jpg
5710a0c8.jpg

de932ae2.jpg
1f2d0356.jpg

b665fe1e.jpg

Dial font view​

VS and C Factory continues to be better for the overall print control!

8ef05c89.jpg
a9186bbf.jpg

8e198050.jpg

Hand view​

VS and C Factory’s center shaft shape both have a skeletonised solid construction, although the top shape deviates.

The GM and JOKER are somewhat worse, being completely closed.

The edges of the hands are always in VS's favor, clean and almost burr-free, whereas all the other factories have burrs and rust!

c42631d4.jpg
4edd376f.jpg

Rehaut view​

It goes without saying that it is obvious for the engraving on the GM and JOKER is blackened and the lettering is on the thin side

6c017a34.jpg
afef201e.jpg

ffbf9663.jpg

Crown view​

The crown teeth are better rounded on VS and JOKER, CLEAN and GM are both a bit sharp

256f86ab.jpg
d71ab647.jpg

7c38486b.jpg

bc6e10b7.jpg

Case side and back view

d181638d.jpg
9a548d18.jpg

d0af479a.jpg

Lug view​

We did a comparison video between the Panda Daytona 116500 and the black 116500 earlier and found that in fact the Rolex head and lugs aren't set in stone, it could have something to do with the length of wear, or it may related to the different years of production of the GEN! So I don't think this is a necessary option for your choice of comparison.

The view also shows that the top of the GEN lugs does not actually sink, the VS, CLEAN and GM all sink more significantly, but the JOKER sinks the least and is closer to the GEN overall!

1a312e19.jpg
c61b09e7.jpg

b77114af.jpg

d2bb2da8.jpg

edb401d1.jpg

36070470.jpg

a6f05d36.jpg

Straps view​

VS and GM do a great job for the screws and slotted holes in the links of the strap, Joker's are worse.

3be625cc.jpg
91645ef2.jpg

Laser and lume view​

The messy arrangement of the GEN laser markers is always difficult to imitate and the VS has the most intense luminous effect.

3d6c133e.jpg
8aa6f2d1.jpg

Movement view​

This time we took an open cap shot of the movement just to see the GEN 3235 in all details. The powerful 3235 movement is truly fascinating, with its sexy blue spring, like a beautiful woman's silky smoothness! Then the replica factories colors all look too dull, but of course we can't ask for too much, it's nice to see the overall construction in line with the GEN!

The VS adopt the Danton 3235 movement, which also has the advantage of a power reserve measured at around 70 hours, which is still great! And after nearly two years of market validation, its stability is also very high!

CLEAN, GM and JOKER all use the Shanghai 3235 movement, which has a measured power reserve of around 40 hours, and the feedback from the domestic market is that the return rate is high!

ead25555.jpg
7a424042.jpg
9bd369e3.jpg
b0bbefc4.png
8f64309d.png
aa3e2890.jpg

Comparative chart of various data​

Note: All measurements are taken in a snug fit and may be inaccurate due to slight deviations in caliper position, all reps have protective film not removed, GEN intercepted a section of steel tape!

Well, this is today's post, thank you guys for watching, if there are mistakes improper, please correct me, if there are any places I overlooked, you can put forward, I will try to add as comprehensive as possible for it, welcome to comment exchange!

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparison between the replicas and GEN, but also in order to let the guys better choose their favorite style representative, the next style we will get out of Rolex, after all, Rolex style, I believe that many guys are already very clear!

Note: (Some of the photos because of the light source problems lead to deviations from the real thing, details or text descriptions, comparison picture size is relatively large, you can download down to enlarge the comparison.)

By the way, here are some recent F&Qs

Does VSF have another team of people starting business?

This is not true, VSF is still in normal production operation, but only release 1-2 times a month!

QC takes too long

For the models in stock, we can offer QC photos the next day.

Normally, most popular models that are in stock at the factory are usually available and given QC photos within a few days!

If the factory is out of stock, you'll have to wait for the factory to produce the next batch of reps! The factory won't tell us about the exact time of this cycle. So when you ask me for a specific time, I’m also unable to give you an exact time! This is a problem that no TD can solve! All you can do at this time is to be patient!

In another case, if you place an order just at the beginning of the factory's production cycle, it will take longer.

For models that are not so popular, we TD usually won’t stock them. Even for the domestic market, if there is a return for an exchange, it will be returned to the factory in the first instance! There is only one situation where there is a legacy, when we come across unreasonable customers who ask for a return after they have torn the film and worn it! We will not re-sell these watches as they are already second-hand!

The time for waiting these unpopular models is the longest, with the factory's own long production lead times, sometimes even 2-3 months! If you genuinely like your chosen representative, then trust me the wait is worth it! Or maybe you even lose the chance to wait if the factory stops production for it!

Shipping issues

If you don't need a warranty card after approved the QC, the tracking number will normally be available within 2 days, or 1-2 days later if it's a weekend.

And if you need to have your warranty card printed, you'll have to wait around one week, because the cards are accumulated in batches to be printed, not every other day, so here's a note for you!

In addition, the tracking information won’t be updated until the destination country is reached, so you can't check the tracking information at the first. We suggest you to check about 10 days after receiving the number. If you still can't check, please contact us! We will help you to check. Please let us know when you have received the goods, thank you very much!

Job promotion

One of the main concerns is the response time of TD, and we are working hard to resolve your concerns and problems as quickly as possible to avoid excessive waiting. If you want to confirm and enjoy your replicas as soon as possible, we also need you to be open to talking to us! Our professional service advice is the best help for you!

As you may have noticed, I've also been working on a detailed comparison of the popular GEN and Rep models. If you are interested, you can visit my homepage and I will continue to post more comparisons! Just to make it easier for you to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the Reps, so that you can make a better choice!

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section and I will try to reply when I have time.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer.

Thanks,

Steve

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Email: [email protected]

Wechat: The5711

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Wow!

For me the best would be a VS with a GM bracelet (VS endlinks mid step too shallow, GM appears to have the best endlinks).

Sober_Jesus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/22
North.
Great writeup - and the info about timing at the end is nice to have. Offers some peace of mind as to what's going on durong that part of the transaction for the TD's and factories. Time saving tips too for the many who don't care about warranty cards and such.

Thanks again!

ebitdaddy

21/11/19
It must be because I'm a novice on this one, but I swear to god the Clean looks the most like gen on a visuals basis...am I crazy? the bezel color, the engravings, the dial, the teeth.... the only thing at magnification I can tell isn't up to snuff is really the hour markers / hands?

FritsBlaasbaard

Looking Around
28/7/22
Netherlands
I'm as new as they come here and have no interest in this watch whatsoever.

But damn, gotta appreciate the amount of work that has been put in this post.

🙌

AbeFroman80

2/8/22
Wonderful comparison! This makes me feel much better about my VSF purchases that I’m waiting on. My next order will be from you!

AbeFroman80

2/8/22
It must be because I'm a novice on this one, but I swear to god the Clean looks the most like gen on a visuals basis...am I crazy? the bezel color, the engravings, the dial, the teeth.... the only thing at magnification I can tell isn't up to snuff is really the hour markers / hands?
I believe the vsf movement is better and more reliable based on what I’ve read so far.

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Amazing stuff. You should do more of these. I wish I could give you stars.

Reactions: Cipuskio

bayarearick

Horology Curious
26/6/22
CONUS
This type of detailed anallysis is very-much appreciated.

Is it 'too soon' to do this for the newly-released Explorer I 36mm? Very interested in acquiring one.

Cipuskio

8/10/17
Amazing review, i really want to hear some expert opinion on which is the best

Valty

Looking Around
4/4/12
It worth to get the VSF only because of the movement by itself ; thanks a lot for this great stuff!

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
Love this whole series of posts and hope we can continue to get them for as many different watches as possible. Makes me realize that, personally, as long as QC is high and everything is put together properly I don’t really notice a difference in quality between the major factories. However, I always recommend VS because I definitely notice a difference in the winding smoothness and accuracy of the VS movement vs. the VR movement.

Reactions: xdragosx and mrln

mrln

25/11/20
EU
Love this whole series of posts and hope we can continue to get them for as many different watches as possible.
This! 👆
Recently completely absorbed both, this Starbucks here and the blue DJ thread. Awesome job!