• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally!! ZF 15720

Kettle1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
Thanks that means allot coming from you Al... I'm a bit gutted about ending up with a grey gasket though ... putting down as a learning curve 😆

Been wanting to throw my 2 pence in for some time now, so hope some people can give this ago too and enjoy the post

Reactions: Autobús

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
Thanks that means allot coming from you Al... I'm a bit gutted about ending up with a grey gasket though ... putting down as a learning curve 😆

Been wanting to throw my 2 pence in for some time now, so hope some people can give this ago too and enjoy the post

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
honestly though I'm really happy with the result for my 1st mod, it's really improved the colour and brought it closer to the gen. Though, in the flash lighting, it does appear dark grey (its okay your not color blind lol), it's a solid midnight navy colour. I can also confirm that no bezel "bolts" were severely harmed during the making of the blue dye mod although I would be lying if I said that dropping bolts in with the tweezers to capture the alignment would of been a much safer way to go then using the screw driver if i did it again! Thanks for your feedback mate 👍

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
So there was no blue DIAL mod as per what you wrote? :LOL:

just noticed that 😆 must have blue dials on my mind ! can't believe you actually been hinting after all this time 😭

Anyways , I would leave the blue dial mods to the ap offionados, im the blue dye mod guy !!! 😅

Lotteebutter197m

Horology Curious
16/2/23
Malaysia
Hi guys, I have received my 15720ST and am loving it so far! 😄 there’s one thing bothering me.. if you see the top left of this photo, the rubber strap is not perfectly aligned with the watch case. Is there any watch modders (or repairers) in Singapore that I can link up with on this? Not sure if this will be a quick fix.

guybythelake

13/7/14
I am thinking about ordering a Blue dial. I am trying to figure out what the actual color is like. Some TD pics looks too close to purple. If you have a ZF BLUE dial, would you be kind to post some pics here please?

ahboylovespatek

28/3/23
rolex factory
ZF 15720 looks real good and the thickness is closer to gen at 14.2 (rep) vs 14.1 (gen). But I saw that APF Vs gen comparison for 15720 and the APF seems to be a really worthy contender. Only thing I find issue with is APF is 14.5mm thick which is pretty Chonky. Anyone care to chip in whether APF or ZF is a better option for 15720? ZF is a great branded factory for AP reps and I’m leaning towards ZF if I get the 15720 for that reason.

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸
@ahboylovespatek I have the ZF and am enjoying it regularly. I dont think you will be disappointed.

I have the grey version. I still need to dye the bezel gasket as I haven't gotten around to it yet and haven't had any luck sourcing the correct color gasket.

Reactions: Kettle1

raspan1123

Patron
Certified
1/2/17
ZF 15720 looks real good and the thickness is closer to gen at 14.2 (rep) vs 14.1 (gen). But I saw that APF Vs gen comparison for 15720 and the APF seems to be a really worthy contender. Only thing I find issue with is APF is 14.5mm thick which is pretty Chonky. Anyone care to chip in whether APF or ZF is a better option for 15720? ZF is a great branded factory for AP reps and I’m leaning towards ZF if I get the 15720 for that reason.
i don’t know if .4mm thickness on an already chunky watch make that big of a difference… that’s 3%
on the wrist you’ll never be able to tell

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Guys, apparently APSF had came out with a clone 4308 movement as shown in the below link....Anyone had any idea on the stability and overall built of the watch.Thanks all.

It’s likely the 4302 redecorated as a 4308. Gen is the same, in that both movements are largely similar. So reliability wise expect the same as the 4302 one.

Reactions: EdenAlando

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Reactions: EdenAlando