• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DRMmaster has been removed from RWI

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
This is what I don't get-- why would he show up after all this time if not for a genuine desire to make amends? There must be some motive...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ok, I was wrong. My bad. I can usualy judge people prety well and went back and read his posts and the thread from when he went missing. He seemed like a genuine guy.
The defence from those who knew him was the clincher. "He's either dead, in a coma or in prison" was mentioned more than once. Thinking about it, I wonder if Tim read the same lines and had a thought? For the record I think the mods handled it perfectaly given the circumstances. Unfortunatlt not every fishing expedition catchs fish.

Another short but interesting chapter in the RWI story comes to a close.

Can we go back to talking about watches now?

Regards,
Col.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
swissaddict said:
This is what I don't get-- why would he show up after all this time if not for a genuine desire to make amends? There must be some motive...

Honestly, this is something that we all wondered as well. While it's certainly possible that Tim had a crisis of conscience after a year of being AWOL, it was certainly a bit suspicious. Maybe Tim just really missed being able to come and hang on the forum that he helped create. Maybe he had a burning desire to post a wrist shot. Maybe he had ideas to become a seller again. I really don't know. But we made a collective decision that we didn't want to wait around for six months to a year to find out what Tim's ultimate plans were.

offshore

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
17/3/06
Cudos to D4M, LOS, and all the admin team here, for their handling of this one.
And thanks for the "cooperation" as well guys, we all appreciate it!
Offshore

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
seanf said:
swissaddict said:

Honestly, this is something that we all wondered as well. While it's certainly possible that Tim had a crisis of conscience after a year of being AWOL, it was certainly a bit suspicious. Maybe Tim just really missed being able to come and hang on the forum that he helped create. Maybe he had a burning desire to post a wrist shot. Maybe he had ideas to become a seller again. I really don't know. But we made a collective decision that we didn't want to wait around for six months to a year to find out what Tim's ultimate plans were.
Yeah, could be a number of reasons for coming back. Well, I realize it's a long-shot but I hope he comes clean about what really happened, and I hope he makes good on the money he owes people. Thanks to the forum admins for allowing him to tell his story-- and an even bigger thanks for the healthy skepticism, research, and action taken to protect members from B.S... very much appreciated :)

JohnnySac

10/9/06
Hambone said:
To think that I actually believed Tim and his story. I am so disgusted at this lying thieving bastard. It is unfortunate that he was a founder of this site and that is why LOS says it was a "difficult" choice to ban him. For me, it is cut and dry. A guy like that should be tossed without a second thought. Geez this makes me ill.

Just goes to show you cannot really trust someone as well as a face to face encounter.I have met some good people here though.

Sad lesson to learn

Cuts like a knife man!
I admit I was on the outside looking in, the naive guy in the corner that said, "he's a nice guy, he'll do the right thing.."

-Me: Foot in mouth-

Even in a world of replicas you can't trust anyone :roll: Damn...
Well, actually you can, just those you've personally dealt with and have their home address lol, but still, I am so pissed off and I'd GLADLY meet this MFer on the street and would like to ask "Can you blush?"

I'm not condoning violence, I'm just a fan of it, people like this NEED to be taught a lesson in civil vigilance....