• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DRMmaster has been removed from RWI

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
WB the first post pretty much sums it up. Tim didn't follow through or rather show a willingness to do so promptly.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
And lied about what happened to him prior to his disappearance.

LegendofSpeed

Respected Member
4/5/06
The official reader's digest version:

Tim disappears.... watches do not appear... Tim reappears... lies appear... money doesn't appear.... Tim is no longer here...

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
LegendOfSpeed said:

Tim disappears.... watches do not appear... Tim reappears... lies appear... money doesn't appear.... Tim is no longer here...LOS buys a round of beer...

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
LegendOfSpeed said:

Tim disappears.... watches do not appear... Tim reappears... lies appear... money doesn't appear.... Tim is no longer here...

Heh. Actually, that's pretty accurate.

no_one

5/4/08
LegendOfSpeed said:

All this, and LOS still has time to write poetry. :lol: :lol:

ThreadLocker

Banned
17/12/07
seanf said:
LegendOfSpeed said:

Tim disappears.... watches do not appear... Tim reappears... lies appear... money doesn't appear.... Tim is no longer here... LOS buys a round of beer...

Heh. Actually, that's pretty accurate.

Then where we drinkin?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
ThreadLocker said:
LegendOfSpeed said:

Tim disappears.... watches do not appear... Tim reappears... lies appear... money doesn't appear.... Tim is no longer here...LOS buys a round of beer...

I'll have a New Castle please. :D

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
To think that I actually believed Tim and his story. I am so disgusted at this lying thieving bastard. It is unfortunate that he was a founder of this site and that is why LOS says it was a "difficult" choice to ban him. For me, it is cut and dry. A guy like that should be tossed without a second thought. Geez this makes me ill.

Just goes to show you cannot really trust someone as well as a face to face encounter.I have met some good people here though.

Sad lesson to learn

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
No, the difficult part was banning him without anyone having recouped their lost money.

I'm not convinced anyone would have gotten repayment, but I would love to be proven wrong.

anton.bhc

Getting To Know The Place
10/6/07
Though I did not know Tim, like some of you, I sincerely believed his story. I know people who have fallen on hard times, but this guy, who has lied only reinforces the guard we have to put up when dealing with people on the internet. Maybe even in real life.

You just don't make stories like that up. In fact, you shouldn't make stories up. The guilty always seem to do that to distance themselves from guilt, whereas the truly honest knows that everything will come out right in the end.

The problem with people like Tim is that had it truly happened to someone, less and less people would be inclined to believe it.

It only goes to show that you can be anyone you want to when you hide behind the cloak of the computer screen.

Thanks, RWI Admin, for making the right decision.

D

d4m.test

Maybe I am not such a stupid fat kid after all.....

Maybe I WILL become a rocket scientist!

:D

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
hooligan said:
No, the difficult part was banning him without anyone having recouped their lost money.

I'm not convinced anyone would have gotten repayment, but I would love to be proven wrong.

That was the struggle. The only reason the Tim was here as long as he was after his reemergence was because we wanted to do what we could to get Tim to pay his debts.

anton.bhc

10/6/07
seanf said:
The only reason the Tim was here as long as he was after his reemergence was because we wanted to do what we could to see if we could get Tim to pay some of the members he defrauded.

If he had hypothetically repaid the members he defrauded, would you have still allowed him to be a member here after concocting a story like that up?

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
anton.bhc said:
seanf said:
The only reason the Tim was here as long as he was after his reemergence was because we wanted to do what we could to see if we could get Tim to pay some of the members he defrauded.

If he had hypothetically repaid the members he defrauded, would you have still allowed him to be a member here after concocting a story like that up?

Tough call, he lied, but came clean? Hmmmm. Dont know. What we keep wondering is why did he show back in the first place?

anton.bhc

10/6/07
One theory would be that to come across as "honorable", but to string along repayment and accrue sympathy so much that it would "blow over" over time.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
If he would have just told the truth we would have been more likely to work with him.