• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DRMmaster has been removed from RWI

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
anton.bhc said:
seanf said:
The only reason the Tim was here as long as he was after his reemergence was because we wanted to do what we could to see if we could get Tim to pay some of the members he defrauded.

If he had hypothetically repaid the members he defrauded, would you have still allowed him to be a member here after concocting a story like that up?

As we told Tim in an email, if he repays everyone AND comes clean about lying about prison, then we'll reconsider our ban. Unfortunately for the people who he stole from, I don't think either of those things are going to happen.

anton.bhc

Getting To Know The Place
10/6/07
Point taken.

It's been a bad year. Scammers rear their ugly head. Hu called it though.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Thanks, Admins, for looking out for all of us who have not been around long enough to know who to steer clear of. The people on this forum have given me a lot of confidence to buy with relative assurity, and I appreciate all of your efforts to keep this a relatively safe and reliable resource. You have a difficult and thankless job, but please know that you are appreciated and valued by thousands.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
wow that sucks, i was hoping he was telling the truth ,, anyway i can understand the decision,, so what are your kids wearing tonite, ? u are taking them trick or treating arent u , lmao

joe(rbj69)

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I guess you just gotta wait and see before making judgement. Not an easy thing to do if you are like myself, and have no clue as to WTF is going on.
Lets see.....You go to jail for 6 months....You have all these charges and community service and probation.....You come back? To...What...put...you..into...this...mess...in..the..first...place? :?: NO.
Props to HU, BOD, and others for calling it. Most of all we learn how lucky this board is for having Greg, LOS, and a fantastic admin team who put the members first above all.
For those of you who thought Tim did not owe anyone anything, or even explanation...I/We have learned from your insight.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Just a point for everyone to note, S4M was also banned as a result of his posts and attitude regarding this matter. Perhaps he would've gone sooner than later but the DRM fiasco was the catalyst that was ultimately his demise. Should someone 'in the know' have informed him so that he could have changed his views about DRM's re-apperance and therefore stopped his ranting?

brtelec

Respected Member
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
sconehead said:
Just a point for everyone to note, S4M was also banned as a result of his posts and attitude regarding this matter. Perhaps he would've gone sooner than later but the DRM fiasco was the catalyst that was ultimately his demise. Should someone 'in the know' have informed him so that he could have changed his views about DRM's re-apperance and therefore stopped his ranting?

You should not need a special notice to know when to shut up.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
I understand that S4M was causing the mods no end of headaches recently. But for all we know, he may have genuinely believed the pap that DRM was telling everyone and was simply trying to defend him in his own, abrasive style. All I'm saying is that if he was winding both the staff and members up, but had been pm'd some of the facts, he may have backed off.

LegendofSpeed

Respected Member
4/5/06
I did pm sub4me.... I tried to reason with him on many occasions, including the day he was banned... you can only ask someone to conduct themselves in a better manner before you give up on it....

you can only give someone so many warnings before you realize you are just shouting at the rain...

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
This forum is open to the public, but ultimately controlled by Ownership and Admin. Consider this site like a store. Shopping here is a priveldge, not a right. If someone cannot follow the guidelines, they lose their priviledges. Honestly, I cannot remember a time when Sub gave an anser that helped anyone, since I have been here. I may have missed it, but did not see it.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
On reflection, it was quite obvious something wasn't quite right. S4M and Andreww defending him. OBD obviously getting pissed that he had info on the situation and saying he was leaving. The Mods being quite cool with their responses and some not commenting at all. Lastly, DRM's final tourette-like outburst (do you think he knew he'd been rumbled?)

At the end of the day it's all water under the bridge and it's clear that admin has acted with the forums best interests at heart again. It's just you have to be Sherlock Holmes apprentice to try to fathom some of these events and sometimes get dragged into the web with your opinions, which you can only base on the info provided from posts.

@LOS, I knew in my heart that some of you would have pm'd S4M to try to get him to ease off...

@Threadlocker, most of us know we are here at the admins pleasure and if you don't heed the warnings given out by them that you will be made to realise the consequences of your actions, as for S4M, he was a character and made me smile on several occasions...

@Brtelec, if someone slated you off in a thread I would defend you to the hilt until being banned or being given the relevant information to change my mind...

and no, I'm not queer for Brtelec... :wink:

Dewey Dog

19/6/08
I'm just glad that Tim and his crazy "wings across America" siggy are now gone so I don't have to keep scrolling to the right and left to read the posts! Pretty interesting stuff guys.

mickeypro

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/06
who knows he may have been here all along.... maybe Tim is Klink is Big Shooter is Tim..... ;-)

Cucumber_Jones

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
I cannot imagine that S4M Got banned because of that thread - he was banned because he was a shit all of the time. I cannot recal anything of value he ever gave to this place.

Tim at one time did give this place value at one time and I for one am sorry that it went down hill for him. It is shocking how many people end up going down hill fast.

D

d4m.test

I have to say this...and like I stated previously...

I knew information about Tim way before this ever happened.....like months ago. Being my father's son, and having a built in Bovine Scatology Detector, and years upon years of being a leader of men and playing poker, I KNEW what the score was when Tim came back. In many PMs with many of our brethren, I shared my suspicions. And they came to pass like I knew they would. Don't ask me why...I just knew.

Now, I will not apologize for what I saw as the obvious. Being, as one told me a long time ago here, the "moral compass" of the forum, I knew what I was seeing and I said as much.....I just didn't have ALL the information behind the scenes. But deep down I knew because I would have done the same thing. But I knew how this was going to end.

What got me was the unwarranted verbal abuse, which pissed me off. Many on this forum know me, either personally or over the phone, and know that I consider myself a man of honor and integrity. Maybe I wear it too much on my sleeve, or maybe I hold people to too high a standard. In any event, I had had enough of the BS (and trust me, I have a thick skin) and decided to pull the pin. I was essentially told to cool my jets, reconsider my decision, and sit back and watch. Well.....

People, what I did - and I would gladly do it again - was for the good of the forum. Whether you know it or not, this forum has given me more than I could ever repay. I've gotten some watches, made some friends, and been given a place where I can call home and decompress when things get a little rough. For that I am grateful. I am just sorry that perhaps I didn't see the forrest for the trees. A quicker PM would have been very helpful Admin and Mods :)

In short, it came and it went. It is what it is, and it was what it was. I really don't know what else to say.....

So..... who has the best sub? :D

BTW - @brtelec ..... You better not be going on any dates, youbitch. Me and you is me and you, and don't you forget that. :D

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
As someone said earlier, what was he looking to gain by coming back? Only Tim knows I`m sure, we could speculate all day on that one.
Time to move on once again, now where`s that new v2 black steel I`m waiting on to be released. :D

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
sconehead said:

It was much more than just the situation regarding Tim that led to this. As much as I found some of the stuff that S4M posted to be funny to some extent at times about other stuff the fact remains that regardless of how many times staff tried to get him to back off a bit about stuff or try to tone things down a bit at times it pretty much went in one ear and out the other. It would have happened sooner or later.