• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DRMmaster has been removed from RWI

LegendofSpeed

Respected Member
4/5/06
Everyone -
Effective immediately, Tim aka DRMmaster, has been removed from RWI...

The staff has verified that at this time, Tim has no criminal record per investigations using many background check companies permissible by law... I sent Tim a PM to ask him to provide documentation that something did in fact happen and I was told he would not provide this information to anyone for any reason.

As there is no evidence of any conviction, Tim's disappearance can only be attributed to running from the debts he owed to many RWI members. His running did immeasurable damage to RWI as he was the RWI admin at the time everything went down and it is quite sad that he produced a lie instead of an apology for his actions...

We do know that many people are owed money, including several members of the staff here... Tim's repayment plan would have taken up to 12 months for everyone to be paid and we simply could not allow him to be here for that long after his lying... it is unfortunate that this will mean some people will never be able to collect their money but we were highly doubtful that everyone would be paid back anyways... someone who lied about being convicted and sent to jail can not be trusted that they will do the right thing...

This was not an easy decision by the staff as we hoped to collect some funds and did attempt to... but the good of the forum has to be considered as well.... we simply can not allow someone who has taken people's money and run to exist on our forum... integrity is not measured in dollars...

I thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter and I ask that we not dwell on this and move forward.

Thanks again,
LOS

Reactions: 160million

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
It should be noted that he has the ability to email for information he needs if he is sincere in his want to repay members.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
hu..
Sounded like a good story.

So.. over the top that it just had to be true kinda story.
Guess not..,
he should look into writing though.. would make a good 'lifetime channel' type book

and thanks for watching our backs
:D

- Ex

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
Wow, thanks for the effort. It never ceases to amaze me what some people do!

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Sorry to hear this. The thing that confuses me is why he came back and offered to make amends? I stand by my evaluation that he is an honorable guy that made a mistake. I honestly think that he wanted to do the right thing, but just couldn't admit that he stole in the first place.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
He still has the ability to do the right thing. He is just no longer welcome as here as a member. I believe that some on staff have his contact details for anyone that Tim owed money to.

LegendofSpeed

Respected Member
4/5/06
I believe the key word in your post is "offered"....

he "offered" to make amends.... he "offered" a fake story....

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Just to clarify, we verified that Tim was lying about his "arrest" about two hours after he first posted. We allowed him to stay here, despite the fact that we knew he was lying, because we were hoping that Tim was just using that lie as a means to save face, and still intended to pay back some of the money he stole. We even gave him encouragement him in that thread he started.

Because we were hopeful that Tim would make good on his (considerable) outstanding debts, we put the interests of these members who were defrauded above all else. But once Tim became combative and non-committal in terms of a payment time table (basically saying that he would pay off his debts whenever he got around to it, and it we didn't like it, he would just piss off again), we realized that we couldn't allow him to remain here indefinitely.

As LoS said, Tim did an immeasurable amount of damage to this forum. He was the RWI admin, and he abused that position by taking advantage of RWI's own members. I don't think Tim set out to do that. I think he just got into a situation where he was spending the money for his watch orders quicker than the watches were being sent out. He dug himself into a hole, and instead of trying to climb out, he just disappeared.

Sorry it had to come to this, but RWI has moved on, and rebuilt itself after Tim's damage. Having Tim here would have served no purpose.

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I'm astounded at the astonishing stories of hard luck and grief I've read over the past year of memebership here at RWI. If nothing else, it says something for creativity. I am grateful that our admin is acting as gate keepers to keep some of us more gullible members from harms way. Now let me tell youu what happened to me yesterday. I was walking home when this Mack truck lost its brakes.......

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Anyone that lies and steals money from members, then disappears with no explanation is bad news, period.

Good decision by a good staff.

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Thanks admin. for watching our backs. What this guy did was the lowest of the low. As the admin. of the time he should have been above reproach. It says a lot about the guys who were left to pick up the pieces that this forum is still going and going well.

D

d4m.test

The Gospel According To John, Chapter 8, Verse 32:

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (King James Version)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
I saw this one coming.

Admittedly I took it at face value initially, but I got a message from a trusted source to be wary, so I decided to stick around to see how it played out.

I'm disappointed but it reinforces the scepticism we're supposed to have on the internet. People don't realise what they cannot get away with day in, day out.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
As I said, we cared less about the lying and more about the possibility of getting some of these people paid the money he owes them. But the more we dealt with Tim, the less likely it was that any repayment was going to happen in a timely fashion.

We've told Tim that if he fully pays off all the people that he owes money to and he comes clean about lying about being in prison, we'll reconsider our ban. But I don't think either of those things are likely to happen, unfortunately.

Kahn

Getting To Know The Place
31/5/08
I guess a leapord never changes his spots....I'm starting to agree with Dr. Gregory House!
house.jpg