• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DOXA diver dials ... is it a virus or just an obsession ?

chrgod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/06
I saw these Doxa homage cases on Aliexpress. Assume these are the same as mentioned earlier in the thread? However the bezel seems to be better?

The aged case seems interesting…

Reactions: Wark

Magget

Horology Curious
21/10/21
It seems Maranez now offer a metric no-deco bezel and a high dome crystal on their Doxa clone. The perfect candidate for a Black Lung clone maybe?

298a26_7d97b0f1c30a488d89591562fbc33d16~mv2.jpg

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19

Eagerly waiting for my Black Lung dial from the master manodeoro.
I‘n the waiting time, I wear my Seestern with the Military dial.

@manodeoro: Have you considered yet also making a Doxa Military / Army dial?

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Eagerly waiting for my Black Lung dial from the master manodeoro.

Black lung?! This is the first time I heard somebody name their product the same as the name of a deadly disease.

Anyway, I love the seestern that you got. Two dials that I like from the seestern line up: the silver dial & the tactical dial.

Last edited:

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
@manodeoro Do you have any idea on where to find hands with correct length? It seen that all options available are too short. (seestern, yobokies, dagaz),

Horology Curious
3/2/13
@manodeoro Do you have any idea on where to find hands with correct length? It seen that all options available are too short. (seestern, yobokies, dagaz),

The hands on the Maranez seems to look like the correct length, or am I wrong?

Wark

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Love your work! Cant wait to get one of your dials for my Seestern!

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Wow! Wow! What a joyous thread to find!

Manodeoro, I am so excited to see and read about your fine work

...and every other skilled knowledge sharer posting here

I could never quite justify buying an original vintage DOXA and the years have passed
..with my stand in Orange Monster

I stumble on this thread and the Seestern ordered within hours

Now researching all the history and dials

Of course I will follow up with arranging a Manodeo dial

....but I will always have a soft spot for my poorer cousin, my OM

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Seestern on its way in the mail but I thought I'd go back and check the other Doxa inspired cases

I saw the Froggie posted, nice then noticed ...why does it have a tacho?

Patent?

Why Seestern perhaps highlights diff depths to the Doxa gen to sidestep

best,

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi folks ... it's been almost 4 months since I haven't posted here ...

I've had to put dialmaking and watchmaking aside and stay off from the forums for a while to take care of 2 old guys I love ... really close family ...
One is almost OK now, though his brain is still so so ...
The other one leaved our good hearth last week ... not in a starship I mean, he died after hard weeks of intensive care at the hospital ...
Sometimes life is shitty and old age is not a bed of roses ...

Now I start again working on watches and it proves to be helpful to avoid thinking about bad things ... so let's put sadness aside ... I'm happy to be back here ...
So during the past week I 've been making some Doxa dials ... precision work was helpfull to sothe the mind ...

Aqualungs ... one standard early Doxa and two from the Synchron era ...

Blacklungs too ... not that much cause they require specific dial plates (I'm waiting for some more) ...

Divingstars ... All Synchron era ... two standards and one "Poseidon" with that nice logo ...

And two Sharkhunters ... those are not as popular than the others but they are really nice too ...

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hope all those who asked questions, here of by PM, during the last months will forgive me for staying silent.
I'll do my best to check all the posts since last January and answer all questions, but if I miss any please be kind enough to repost here.

Apart from having a custom handset made I'm afraid there's no other way than Seestern or Dagaz.
Nevertheless ... Seestern hands are a little short compared to the recent ones but I don't think they are that short compared to the vintage ones.
Here's a pic of my Poseidon Divingstar (Seestern based) and a pic of some vintage Doxas ... hands dimensions are really similar IMHO

manodeoro , are these dials available for purchase yet?

Some of them YES :)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
The hands on the Maranez seems to look like the correct length, or am I wrong?

It depends if you compare to the recent Doxas ... whose hands may look a little longer ... of the vintage ones.
And it also depends on :
- the case period ... the dial opening (rehaut interior diameter) can vary from one to the other
- the dial ... some have indexes a bit shorter or longer
The only Doxa dial who could need a custom handset is the Blacklung ... that model came with a specific handset.
Nevertheless ... I've tried a Blacklung dial with a standard Seestern handset and it looked really nice ... only a few people will notice the handset is not correct
And I've even seen Gen Doxa SUBs with a Blacklung dial and a standard handset

Magget

Horology Curious
21/10/21
Dials from manodeoro just in. They are absolutely fantastic and a Seestern coupled with a dial from the master makes for a perfect summer beater watch with all the right vintage vibes.

I still have some work to do applying lume to the bezel pips and repainting the bezel numbers on the Sharkhunter but I'm thinking my gen Doxas will spend the summer in the box or go up for sale.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
manodeoro : Thanks a lot to manodeoro for this amazing Doxa Black Lung dial :) A long coming watch dream of mine has finally come true. I can highly recommend the service of him (very nice contact and fast shipping from France).

Looks great !!! Happy you like it
and thanks for taking the time to take pics and post them
Now you just have to relume the bezel pip with the mix I sent you along with the dial and hands ... just follow the steps I explained and you'll get a waterproof lume pip with the exact same color and glow than dial and hands.

Reactions: SteveMcQueen1930