• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DOXA diver dials ... is it a virus or just an obsession ?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Dials from manodeoro just in. They are absolutely fantastic and a Seestern coupled with a dial from the master makes for a perfect summer beater watch with all the right vintage vibes.

I still have some work to do applying lume to the bezel pips and repainting the bezel numbers on the Sharkhunter but I'm thinking my gen Doxas will spend the summer in the box or go up for sale.

Thanks M ... looking at all your Doxas makes me think you could have an "endless summer" ... LOL
But though they would look period correct (mid 60ies) I'm not certain the Seestern cases are WP enough to go surfing

I've seen many gen Sharkhunters with a red bezel and my own Dinvingstar looks cool with a yellow bezel ... so maybe you could just swap the Sharkhunter and Poseidon dials

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
A member here asked me to work on something new ... a custom mix of "300T aquamarine", "300t caribbean" and "300T aqualung"
So maybe we could call it "300T turquoise caribbean" :p
Here's a mockup of how it could look

Wark

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Dials from manodeoro just in. They are absolutely fantastic and a Seestern coupled with a dial from the master makes for a perfect summer beater watch with all the right vintage vibes.

I still have some work to do applying lume to the bezel pips and repainting the bezel numbers on the Sharkhunter but I'm thinking my gen Doxas will spend the summer in the box or go up for sale.

Those look amazing! Cant wait to get a DOXA SeaHunter from him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Magget

Wark

Horology Curious
14/12/21
It kept telling me failed to post.. then it finally posted and showed up three times! :p

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Loving this thread....everything Doxa

So many of you guys with so many great Doxi
(Is that the plural expression?!)

So looking forward to joining your ranks in the not too distant future

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
some days ago I finished to design the "turquoise Caribbean" dial and I'm quite happy with the result ... It's worth the time spent IMHO ...

cbbc0662ac0a69273799edb378d50026.jpg

I should be ready to start the print process within a week so this morning I prepared some dials ... nice blue ain't it ?

d27c3800e65858b0bc33ef02f209207d.jpg

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Anyone found a sterile caseback option for the seestern yet?

BTW, received both Professional & Divingstar dials from manodeoro. Fantastic!!

happy you like the dials and thanks for the kind words :cool:

I'm still trying to deal with coco from suggess for some sterile Seestern casebacks
If it proves to be possible I will make 2 engraved ones, one with the vintage doxa sailing ship and one with the synchron logo

Reactions: Magget and Wark

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
I'm still trying to deal with coco from suggess for some sterile Seestern casebacks
If it proves to be possible I will make 2 engraved ones, one with the vintage doxa sailing ship and one with the synchron logo

That would be sweet and you can count me in for two if it turns out to be possible.

Wark

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Id be down for a sailing ship case back for my seestern for sure!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Today I received a message from Suggess ... both bad and good news ...
no way buying just a few sterile Seestern casebacks BUT buying 50pcs would be OK ...
Now I just have to think about that ...
Custom engraved casebacks would be a nice addition to the Seestern SUB300 hommage but I don't want to loose money trying to make them exist ...

Reactions: shel504 and Wark