• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does your significant other know watch is fake?

silentcut

Known Member
28/6/23
Hawaii
i actually told my gf that i purchased my first replica watch and waiting for it still. She was happy that i didnt spend a fortune again for another gen watch. Lately we have been testing out replica watches, her hand bags and couple of our high demand sneakers 😂

RunningFast

14/8/18
Waco, TX
What part of my statement would you change after being married for a long time?
It is something you will have to experience. You will learn a lot about your relationship and what marriage is really like, but you have to live it. I'd tell you but you wouldn't listen. The fact you call it a "significant other" speaks volumes. You're not married yet, she is still nice. She won't be forever. When the ring goes on the finger everything is different. I mean very different! Especially when it comes to you spending money on stuff you like and that you want.

El3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/23
USA
The wife has always questioned why I tinker with reps and enjoy them so much as I do have gen watches as well.
Takes some convincing for sure but a method I did and not sure if this is applicable in your situation was to swap out a gen watch of my wife (DJ 36MM) with an replica and she never even noticed until I had told her 2 weeks later.
Ever since then she has had understood the reps and ordered some for fun.
Next year is our 10th year anniversary and I was thinking about gifting her a 31 datejust, if I can get my hands on one 😄 was gonna check with AD’s a year in advance to try to secure on for next year 😄

Reactions: bangwang67

GMT+9Tokyo

14/1/20
Germany
It is something you will have to experience. You will learn a lot about your relationship and what marriage is really like, but you have to live it. I'd tell you but you wouldn't listen. The fact you call it a "significant other" speaks volumes. You're not married yet, she is still nice. She won't be forever. When the ring goes on the finger everything is different. I mean very different! Especially when it comes to you spending money on stuff you like and that you want.
"significant other" is the title of the thread that I referred to. So it doesn't really speak volumes. But if I need help from an online psychologist, I'll get back to you :D

intransit

Horology Curious
28/5/23
NYC
She does, but turns out that she thinks even the rep prices are relatively high! Just goes to show that for most people, their frame of reference for a watch will be something akin to a quartz Timex, so there's a lack of assumed potential value to a piece of circular-shaped metal around our wrists.

Now mind you there's another data point here as she has recently started collected vintage handbags, so she's not afraid to drop a few bucks on a small Chanel bag. Just doesn't look at watches in the same light.

Lucky for me that while she thinks that the relative cost of the rep is considerable, that it's still a 1000% value against grey market.

countrykid484

Supporter
Certified
20/5/18
Yep, the reps are displayed in my home office and gens are in my safe.