• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does your significant other know watch is fake?

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
My wife thinks my gen Submariner is fake. If she knew I had a real one, she'd have it sold and the money spent on stupid shit.
She has done that, but she had the good sense to source a rep ;)

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
She never asked and I never said. She just knows I got a sudden hobby for watches and now watchmaking.

I have an eclectic collection of gens & homages. Ranging from +8000€ gens to 90€ Vostoks.

Now one rep and one more to come.

Plus an increasing number of straps, and now tools 😅

That said, this hobby did bring us closer. I never understood the massive amount of money she spent in luxury shoes, sun glasses and bags...
I used to say "why do you need new shoes & bags, you have 200 pairs and dozens of bags (literally) "

...now I understand 🫣😭😭

GMT+9Tokyo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/20
Germany
Of course. I mean, most people know what a Rolex is. So owning one out of nowhere would be very strange. My significant other is very involved with my watch hobby. Trust is key in any relationship, in all aspects.

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
All the closer people arround me know which of my watches are fake (I own gens too) Many of my friends having gens wear reps too cause of the risk beeing robbed in certain locations.

mac427

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/23
texas
Of course she does. We both laugh about it when someone complements whatever replica I'm wearing. It's our little secret versus the outside world.

Stretch242

Supporter
24/12/14
UK
Yes she does. I have also told her if I win the lottery it would be dangerous as I would be able to afford gens 😬. Its definitely an addiction with no recognised rehab assistance. 😂

OI812

17/3/06
Because you're giving out relationship advice (common sense) on a watch forum mate.....

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
My wife burns 5 digits per year on designer bags and shoes...so if anything this new hobby of mine got us closer.

except about my tools. She hates it when I start tinkering 😂

OI812

17/3/06
I tht it was gonna be “My significant other is very involved with my watch hobby.”

Ur very lucky ur wife supports ur hobbies. My wife is very detrimental to my hobbies 😂
Mine couldn't give two shits, one way or the other..... hehehe

bangwang67

bang ❗️ bang 💥
Certified
22/3/22
EU
I wish this were an option for me.. she would throw it in my face if she knew it was fake 😂
The wife has always questioned why I tinker with reps and enjoy them so much as I do have gen watches as well.
Takes some convincing for sure but a method I did and not sure if this is applicable in your situation was to swap out a gen watch of my wife (DJ 36MM) with an replica and she never even noticed until I had told her 2 weeks later.
Ever since then she has had understood the reps and ordered some for fun.

Last edited: