• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does your significant other know watch is fake?

notAreplicant

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19
Hi, just wondering does your significant other knows your watch is a fake? why not??

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I don't know what to make of the question, tbh. Lol

Okay, I guess if you're in the sort of relationship (not married, separate places and separate finances) then yeah, I guess it could theoretically be a valid question. Although I'm not sure I would call that person my "significant other".

But If we're talking about married or at least living together already for some time, I can't imagine how my significant other would not notice that only a few K's and not 250k are missing from our shared assets, despite me sporting Pateks, APs and other 5 figure brands...

But regardless of that logic, I voluntarily don't hide the fact that I buy reps from my spouse. Why should I? She already thinks I'm a knucklehead anyway... 😂😂😂

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Of course. Because thats over a $100k worth of watches and she needs answers. She understands why I love them and understands why I go with the Reps. She also has the same bank account so I would have some explanation to give her if they were not.

Kappa1911

As a realist, you must give me the watch.
Certified
31/5/22
CONUS
Absolutely. We actually joke about it all the time. I have at least one Gen of every brand I have a rep of. When I first started buying reps last year I didn’t say anything and waited for her to blow. Sure enough around the 5th watch(Rep) she started yelling about how clearly I’m having a banner year(we own businesses) and I’m not being smart. Now whenever she sees a new one she says “still making poor choices I see.” But in jest..well at least that’s how I’m taking it 👀😂

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
yes they're thankful they're not real price, but impressed by how real they are. She and I want matching rose gold presidential and she's glad they dont cost what they would in the store lol.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Summoned

Horology Curious
10/5/22
Well, it was 100% scg when I told her I bought it. Now it’s 90% gen…I haven’t mentioned that to her!

• Haha
Reactions: Stirn

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
My wife knows I love reps
I don’t think she knows the full extent of the situation though.

The gens are stored mixed in but have post it notes under the pillow that say

GENUINE!!

Hopefully if I kick the bucket she’s doesn’t get busted selling my reps as gens. That would be embarrassing.

Last edited:

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
yes.

very much so.

because the last thing you want if you die, is for her to sell stuff for the wrong prices.
I have all kinds of gen’s in one safe, and the rep’s stay in a drawer on watch rolls.
What about the frankens! You'll need to keep a spec sheet in one of the safes so she can sell the pride and joys appropriately.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Happy wife = happy life

Let's be honest, it's the easiest for us in the long run :ROFLMAO:

I was also just talking to a good buddy recently and remembered the flipside of this, that I heard in the past (can't even remember where) but it is also true.

Unhappy wife, sharpens knife

But I'm with @C Master , my missus thinks all reps are ~$100, but I have admitted, with inflation and rising costs, the world economy, yada yada, that they have crept up to ~$150 🤫

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
Hi, just wondering does your significant other knows your watch is a fake? why not??
yes, my wife even gave me one for my birthday (which i chose). my wife also has an expensive hobby (shoes). so everyone has something they love.

Reactions: P..DR..D