• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone on here assemble custom Explorer clones?

CorieExplorer

Looking Around
1/1/24
I was looking at raffle dials and found the parts I’d use- but I have no skill- I also don’t have any tools besides the the basic screw drivers/push pin/amazon basic tool kits. They’re more for repair I think.

I’d love to get a vintage style 36mm explorer with the correct Swiss 2824 style movement and hollow weight matching bracelet. I don’t care if it’s acrylic or a glass crystal. I just want it to look NOS but have gold hands and the old glossy style dial.

Reactions: 369mafia

CorieExplorer

Looking Around
1/1/24
Does anyone “build to order” on here or should I just buy the parts and take a gamble with the local watch maker guy in my area?

Reactions: 369mafia

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
H7iekP.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official reception desk!

You are receiving this reply because you either posted in the "new members say hi" section or one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, consider introducing yourself in the above mentioned section.

If you haven't already, make sure to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections). They contain important essential information and our forum rules! Most importantly our sales rules, because you will NOT yet be eligible / allowed to sell unless you meet certain criteria / are certified first.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, take a look at this sticky thread:

And this one:

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We love to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

CorieExplorer

Looking Around
1/1/24
So I’ve ordered all the parts except the movement, I’m wondering if someone in the north east USA can assemble it for me?

I don’t really have the tools to put it all together.

Zaus

Known Member
7/11/17
Hi, what exact parts did you order? What prices?
I'm interesting to assemble Explorer II 16570 polar too. I'm in Europe, so maybe there are any assemblers in Europe? Maybe assemblers have their own left over parts which will be good for such new build?

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Hi bro, there is an awesome builder esp. concerning old explorer like 1016 who is based in Canada.
Take a look at @369mafia Building a vintage watch is not only assembling the parts but most important, working on case, dial and hands
to age them and make them look genspec.
Oh yes he’s great!

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Search for the 1016 underappreciated thread and clear your calendar...we can turn you into Gerald Genta in a couple hours.

Last edited:

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Search for the 1016 underappreciated thread and clear your calendar...we can turn you into Gerald Genta in a couple hours.

the proof

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Hi, what exact parts did you order? What prices?
I'm interesting to assemble Explorer II 16570 polar too. I'm in Europe, so maybe there are any assemblers in Europe? Maybe assemblers have their own left over parts which will be good for such new build?
@manodeoro

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
the little white spots make it so unique, on the other hand your glass is not a sapphire because on mine it is a plexi
acrylic tropic 19 indeed
It's not white spots. It's texture. the spots are light reflections that change when you move the dial