• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone on here assemble custom Explorer clones?

Nathanwatch44

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
5/12/23
France
sorry for filling this discussion I couldn't post the photos šŸ˜

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Looks great! Raffles sells a lot of watch for the money.
Those end links look to be a bit loose, though...are you sure the pins are seated correctly? If so, it might benefit from a little bending so they make contact with the case.

Reactions: Karbon74

Nathanwatch44

Banned
Certified
5/12/23
France
Looks great! Raffles sells a lot of watch for the money.
Those end links look to be a bit loose, though...are you sure the pins are seated correctly? If so, it might benefit from a little bending so they make contact with the case.
the pins have some play yes I don't really know how to put them back properly in fact
thanks for the tip, happy to communicate with you šŸ˜

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
very nice šŸ˜
head to the 1016 thread too. Lots of tips there to age stuff
Yes, as well as history, instructions on almost every mod or upgrade you could think of, jokes, tomfoolery, and mirth, lol.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Does anyone ā€œbuild to orderā€ on here or should I just buy the parts and take a gamble with the local watch maker guy in my area?
If it was me Iā€™d buy one that comes up for sale from a known builder. I got bit by the build bug myself but my skills havenā€™t caught up with the quality Iā€™d wear out on the town. The trick about buying parts is buying the right parts. Different nuances with different parts and they donā€™t always go together like one would expect. Many of the guys here who build for others are wicked smart about this stuff and have mad skills. Thereā€™s lots of really nice reps that come up for sale. Take advantage of these resources. Iā€™m in the middle of an explorer ii build like the one Steve McQueen wore and one sold the other day for way less than my parts cost. Additionally I ran into a problem that Iā€™m having to work through. Thatā€™s a euphemism for stuff ainā€™t quite right yet. You probably donā€™t want to here this but I hope it helps.

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe
A lot of great builders on this board. I love reading the 1016 thread. I donā€™t have the skills to pick up the building part of this hobby, however I enjoy watching how our awesome builders bring things together.

here is my 5513 built by @369mafia

good luck in your search. The good news is you have some great builders to choose from and partner here with.

• Love

Nathanwatch44

Banned
Certified
5/12/23
France
A lot of great builders on this board. I love reading the 1016 thread. I donā€™t have the skills to pick up the building part of this hobby, however I enjoy watching how our awesome builders bring things together.

here is my 5513 built by @369mafia

good luck in your search. The good news is you have some great builders to choose from and partner here with.

super beautiful what is the movement?