• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone know how to remove the Rotor of the P.9000 clone seagull movement

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Last magnificent pics of the rotor are indicating there is glue under the rotor to fix it, because the "teeth" of the base plate are "drawn" in the rotor by the glue.

Please confirm

ALE

eyky

20/1/14
Thought it is the impression of the teeth in the metal of the rotor - but you are absolutely right, Ale - it is glue.
I could easy remove it with metal tweezers.

P1030913_900x675.jpg

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
If I got a non chrono 7750 should I be able to attach the decorated plates and the rotor to the movement?

fran007

Horology Curious
10/8/10
Mine had the same problem, how do you glue it back ? any recommended glue or epoxy ?

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
If I got a non chrono 7750 should I be able to attach the decorated plates and the rotor to the movement?

I have done a few so far, shorten the actual screws which normally secure the decoration, and glue them in place like the other faux screws, then with watchmakers micro double sided pads, secure the decoration down at the same points as the old drilled A7750.

eyky

20/1/14
Mine had the same problem, how do you glue it back ? any recommended glue or epoxy ?

I didn"t glue it back on, i shipped it back to my fav TD Sead, he offerd me a new one. I don"t think the factory used epoxy, the glue was too easy to remove.

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
ALE

In my experience "hot glue guns" are for crafting and big items that precision is not important. The glue is ok but the second it cools it is useless, (and it cools in a few seconds once it leaves the gun). So to put a little glue in a bowl and use an oiler to apply it is not an option. The other problem is the viscosity of the glue, it is very thick and tends to get everywhere.. It is just not for precision work.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ALE

In my experience "hot glue guns" are for crafting and big items that precision is not important. The glue is ok but the second it cools it is useless, (and it cools in a few seconds once it leaves the gun). So to put a little glue in a bowl and use an oiler to apply it is not an option. The other problem is the viscosity of the glue, it is very thick and tends to get everywhere.. It is just not for precision work.

THANKS for the info
I really didn't make the experiment. It was just a suggestion and asking for advice
Most likely you are right and it will not be suitable

Maybe for the unstuck bridges ? What do you think?

Is it possible to get Hot-melt adhesive which lasts more time before cooling?

ALE

Luke Warm

30/5/14
I ended up using Loctite which I applied to the rotor with a sewing needle VERY sparingly. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
I ended using Loctite which I applied to the rotor with a sewing needle VERY sparingly. Haven't had a problem since.

How did you use lock tight to glue the rotor down? Or are you refereeing to a 7750 that has the rotor screw?

Luke Warm

30/5/14
How did you use lock tight to glue the rotor down? Or are you refereeing to a 7750 that has the rotor screw?
I have the Seagull movement.

If you have a look at the pic in post #22 you'll see tweezers resting on the glued surface of the rotor. I cleaned mine of all old glue and applied Loctite very sparingly. Be careful not to apply the Loctite to the brass coloured areas that you can see in the pic or you'll end up with a fixed and non-functional rotor :D

superduper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/14
Anyone know how I can view the pics in post #22, they are no longer available?

My Pam312 ST2555 power reserve is about an hour after a full wind / shake. It's not normal. So I need to know how to disassemble this and repair it.

ANy one have an idea if it's the main spring or something else?

alfaholic

Horology Curious
29/11/16
Hello everyone,

I can not unscrew that center rotor screw on my a7750. It is now very loose and wobbles around, but I am unable to unscrew it.

Any suggestions?

alfaholic

Horology Curious
29/11/16
This in the center is the screw that wobbles now, it won't unscrew. I unscrewed 3 small screw to take off that fake plate.
The rotor can get off the bridge, but when I take off the whole bridge, it has one wheel fixed that should be on the rotor.

Attachments

• IMG_20170101_162658-01.jpeg
    IMG_20170101_162658-01.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Try to stick a tweezers into one, or better two of this small holes in the center screw.
Than you can try to unscrew the center screw.
The whole thing in the middle of the rotor should be the screw

alfaholic

Horology Curious
29/11/16
I tried that and it turns of course, but it turns indefinitely.
I tried to turn it clockwise, but still nothing happened, it is still very loose, and the rotor now can not turn because it touches the movement and the case.

The rotor is holding just by friction, so I can take it off, but then that central screw is still on the bridge, holding the wheel that initially holds the rotor by friction.
Rotor can be easily turn off that wheel with little bit of force by screwdriver.