• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone know how to remove the Rotor of the P.9000 clone seagull movement

jes007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/14
I would like to know how to remove the rotor on the seagull st2555 movement. I tried to twist the three screws but it doesn't loosen or tighten. I though these three screws were fake and glued only on the asian P.9000 clone.

so any help is much appreciated.

9F013493-5756-40E5-9A84-C161497B0501_zpsfc6sqlwr.jpg

jes007

3/7/14
so I realized where the real screws were to take off and the decoration plate was ready to come off but the rotor was still attached.. how do I take the rotor off because the rotor was preventing me from taking the decoration plate off.

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
Are you sure that the center of the rotor is not a decoration plate glued over the real screw?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

jes007

3/7/14
I tried to loosen the 3 screws at the center of the rotor and it just kept turning.. it wouldn't get looser or tigher, so I believe its glued in.

There has to be a way to remove the rotor, I just can't figure it out and I dont want to ruin it unless I get some advice from you guys

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I was curious and I have removed the caseback of my KW PAM 505 V1
I have used a little screwdriver and I have removed the cover of the rotor bearing with three screws. It is just a decoration.
Under the cover there are three screws (blue in my watch). They seems real. I didn't want to continue.

I will try to get everything in its place again

Bear in mind that mine is a KW 505 V1 not V2-Seagull (or it was ... LOL ) maybe it is a bit different

ALE

jes007

3/7/14
I tried that but these 3 screws at the center of the rotor which looks like it holds the rotor in place just kept spinning, I couldnt take it off...

Somebody please save us lol we need to find out how to take apart this mysterious rotor apart with all its decoy screws !!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
You already removed the cap/cover with the 3 fake screws from the center of the rotor?

And what just keeps spinning? The rotor or the screwhead?

Can you post a pic of it where you are at now?

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Remove one of the small faux three screws by prising it out with a needle tweezers and rodico. Once one of the screws are out, using a H screwdriver, put the pointed parts of the screwdriver the screw hole, and the central hole, and unscrew normally.

jes007

3/7/14
I removed the screws out the outer edge to take off the decoration plate.. I didn't want to take of the 3 screws in the center of the rotor because they were fake.

I put it all back together because I had only 14 hrs power reserve on my first test.. so Im testing that first to decide if I need to send it back to china or not..

You already removed the cap/cover with the 3 fake screws from the center of the rotor?

And what just keeps spinning? The rotor or the screwhead?

Can you post a pic of it where you are at now?

jes007

3/7/14
I understand what your saying but how do I glue it back ? what kind of glue do I use ? I know I can't use super glue incase I want to open it up again..

Remove one of the small faux three screws by prising it out with a needle tweezers and rodico. Once one of the screws are out, using a H screwdriver, put the pointed parts of the screwdriver the screw hole, and the central hole, and unscrew normally.

Luke Warm

30/5/14
I tried that but these 3 screws at the center of the rotor which looks like it holds the rotor in place just kept spinning, I couldnt take it off...

Somebody please save us lol we need to find out how to take apart this mysterious rotor apart with all its decoy screws !!

My PAM 388 (Seagull movement) arrived yesterday with the rotor adrift inside the watch. It had been very poorly packed for shipment and likely received some rough treatment on the way.

After examination with a loupe I can confirm that the rotor on the Seagull movement in my watch had been GLUED in place!

Hope this helps.

jes007

3/7/14
I see, so did u just push the rotor back into place ?

Thanks for that info, I had feeling about this because I saw a pics of the seagull with the rotor taken out but the center was still intact with the 3 screws still on.

I have no idea how im gonna take it out without damaging it...

My PAM 388 (Seagull movement) arrived yesterday with the rotor adrift inside the watch. It had been very poorly packed for shipment and likely received some rough treatment on the way.

After examination with a loupe I can confirm that the rotor on the Seagull movement in my watch had been GLUED in place!

Hope this helps.

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
I have v1 P.9000 a7750. I have popped off the faux rotor cover with the three screws. Underneath was a plate with 3 tiny holes that the fake screws sit in. Does anyone know what I need to do next? And yes I have the faux plate screws out, but as the same as the ST you have to get the rotor off first.

thanks

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas

Ok, ssteel was correct here. I did it a little different and this is on the a7750 version...

pop off one of the tiny plastic screws with tweezers and rodico on the center of the rotor
i used a dental pic, and put it in the hole where the screw was at a 45 degree angle.
Gently push counter clockwise and the rotor center will unscrew like normal. The whole center is just a large headed flat screw.
Lift off screw and rotor comes free
Unscrew the 3 faux decoration plates, 2 are longer than the other. These are the screws that are not polished to a shine.
Lift off plate.
This reveals a standard non chrono panerai A7750

jes007

3/7/14
I will try this but I got to ask.. how do you glue it back ? any recommended glue or epoxy ? Is there a non permanent way to glue it so I can open it up again if i need to ?

eyky

20/1/14
I always wanted to remove the rotors of my PAM315 and PAM388 with the clone P.9000 a7750 movements and oil my loud rotor bearings. So i removed the tiny little fake decoration screws and thought i will need a special tool to fit in the 3 tiny holes were the screws were sitting in to unscrew the center screw. I tried to use my tweezers to unscrew but without success. Thus my attempt to get the rotor out ended here.

Yesterday my new PAM312 with seagull st2555 movement arrived with the rotor off. So i could inspect the mounting of the rotor a little closer.
The watch must have got a hard hit somewhere during shipping to dislodge the rotor.
The rotor of the seagull is definitely not screwed because the center shaft with all 3 little decoration screws is still in place. So the rotor is either press fitted or glued on or both.
My close inspection revealed no glue at all so maybe there was no glue and thats why it came off.

Thats how it looked like when i unpacked the watch (crapy shot with my mobile).
IMG_1097_900x675.jpg

with the case back removed
P1030900_900x675.jpg

Just had to grab the rotor with my tweezers to remove it.
P1030901_900x675.jpg

close up of the rotor shaft
P1030905_900x675.jpg

P1030910_900x675.jpg

and of the rotor
P1030912_900x675.jpg

P1030911_900x675.jpg