• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Repgeek down ? (Megathread, merged)

techlogik

16/7/09
Yeah, site has issues for sure. It forgot everybody's login. Or cant hit the db for logging in with your credentials. Either way...not looking good.

Deja Vu..

ghoatson

Horology Curious
23/1/12
yeah, same issue. I have a shipment coming and the tracking number was in my PMs but nowhere else. Ugh. Hopefully they'll get that fixed soon.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
last time it kicked everyone out of login we all lost several weeks of posts, including about 12 feedbacks on my part. hope we all don't lose that again.

KrisOK

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/12
Guys, not sure if it's related, but we've been having quite a few vBulletin plugin issues on RG lately. Possible that the network types are trying to fix these. Unfortunately, when these things happen, not even us mods know what's up most of the time. Hopefully this will be short lived and not a repeat of earlier this year.

rangersvalley

20/5/10
Repgeek Down since

Hi Spartans'
RG is down
Mayb someone can chime in on what's up' or down

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
yeah, same issue. I have a shipment coming and the tracking number was in my PMs but nowhere else. Ugh. Hopefully they'll get that fixed soon.

Do you have email notification of PMs turned on? If so you should have the PM on your email even if it's in the trash. Of cause if you clean your trash out daily . . .

This is a good reason to save important PMs as emails when they come in as notifications, just create a separate folder for them.

Of cause you can also download your PM box as XML, CSV or plain text files (assuming RG have this switched on). You can do that at the bottom of the "list messages" page just below "Display options" at the bottom of the page.

tehflea

Known Member
10/11/08
Why does anyone own a physical server these days? You can start up a linux virtual server from any number of host providers and have a new server running in 5 minutes. Maybe 30 minutes with patching and updating and maybe a few hours if you have to migrate a lot of date.

uh, ok, clearly you have not tried to run a large vB forum before... I have seen vB forums that require multiple web and database servers to handle the load of just PHP and MySQL, that isn't just something you can upload to a VPS and have up and running 100% in 5 minutes

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Why does anyone own a physical server these days? You can start up a linux virtual server from any number of host providers and have a new server running in 5 minutes. Maybe 30 minutes with patching and updating and maybe a few hours if you have to migrate a lot of date.

Um, yeah, right. You obviously have no idea of the load required to run a large(ish) forum. As the above poster says two (or more) physical servers is the norm, this place runs an quad CPU server for the DB alone before we even worry about web or PHP/SQL. Yes, you can run the DB on the cloud but to try running everything on a virtual server would be madness.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Sorry to see you guys down,,,, happy to see you guys here! :howdy:Had to run to the window and make sure hell wasn't freezing over:thinking:.....best wishes to RG admin in their efforts to getting things back up and running.....

ajminla

31/1/07
Repgeek down?

Is anyone else having problems loading the repgeek website? I'm wondering if the site is off line. I can't get to it from home or work for a day now.

ProDivers

Renowned Member
22/9/12
EU
I rode on the french corner that people can not connect into it since yesterday.. No more information..

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh lordy, how many threads will we see on this topic? :p
Yes, it's broken and the powers that be over there are the usual font of information (or not). I would love to tell you more but I have NFI what's gone wrong this time.